Speculation: Five Steps to a Successful Off-Season

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Whatever you say Petro’s dad.

Are you willing to trade Dunn and/or Colt to get Petro signed?
Yes.

And "Petro's dad"? I think someone needs to read the room. Your perception of Petro's present and future is clearly in the minority here.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Big difference between the 2. Dunn is talented complimentary piece here; Parayko is premiere shutdown defender who is core piece.
Right Parayko is untouchable to me. That performance he/Bo put on in the 2019 playoffs was incredible!

Dunn is still certainly working out the kinks on the defensive side but defenseman take much longer to develop their defensive game than forwards....especially offensive defenseman. Dunn is still really young and when he’s on, his offensive game is extremely promising.

If they can figure out a figure that won’t force them to trade either of those two and also not have to trade or not re-sign a Binnington or Schwartz in the near future then I’m good.

With Steen and Bozak (possibly Faulk) coming off the books in the next year-2 will help with the latter

Last edited:

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Yes.

And "Petro's dad"? I think someone needs to read the room. Your perception of Petro's present and future is clearly in the minority here.
People are attached to him because he was drafted #4 by the Blues and has been on the team for so long. Plus he appears to be a good guy and the first to raise the cup.....

I see many people frustrated with Petro in a good chunk of the day of game GDTs over the years.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
People are attached to him because he was drafted #4 by the Blues and has been on the team for so long. Plus he appears to be a good guy and the first to raise the cup.....

I see many people frustrated with Petro in a good chunk of the day of game GDTs over the years.
I've been frustrated with Parayko way more than Petro, and don't even get me started on Dunn.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Right, it has nothing to do with the fact that he's consistently been one of the top 10 defenceman in the entire NHL.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Whatever you say Petro’s dad.

Are you willing to trade Dunn and/or Colt to get Petro signed?

Am I willing to trade Dunn to keep Pietrangelo. EVERYDAY I would.

Dman like Pietrangelo are rare to come that succeed at every part of the game.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I think this has been beaten to death but from the OP, that is not even CLOSE to enough for Parayko.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
1. Sign Pietrangelo
2. Figure out how to shed a little salary. You don't have to get rid of half the roster to do it.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
it sure seems like ego is the main thing here
7.5 million x 8 = 8.5 million x 7 (60 vs 59.5)
and this is more, and in most places quite a bit more (other than Fla), when taxes and cost of living are included
and a extra million a year for the team most certainly allows a better team around you

Reactions: mk80

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->