U17: Five Nations Tournament (Chomutov, Czechia)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
There is a promising d man on Czech team here
.. I think Millen? Could be way off

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Untitled.png
dsa.png

0:0 After 3 periods

Bad showing from Slovakia

- Slow decision making
- Inaccurate passes
- Players keep going solo against two-three opponents just to lose the puck

Switzerland won 1:0 in OT!

Best players in my opinion
1. Brezani
2. Dravecky
3. Nemec

Last edited:
Reactions: Speyer

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Good win, but the Czech team allowed 3+ goals in every single game. If my math is correct, they allowed 14 goals on 75 shots, that's terrible.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Good win, but the Czech team allowed 3+ goals in every single game. If my math is correct, they allowed 14 goals on 75 shots, that's terrible.
Any guys you think will be talked about on draft day in a couple of years?

Seems like some promising players on here and another group that could create a first rounder or 2 for us.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague

Seems like some promising players on here and another group that could create a first rounder or 2 for us.
Overall it's a promising generation, yes. Probably the best forward group in recent years. But it badly needs more competent defensemen to emerge, we have seen at the U20 WJC and recent Hlinka what a mobile and skilled defense does to a team.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Well obviously Benak, but others who seems interesting to me so far are Matej Pekar, Dominik Pavlik and maybe Adam Novotny (he Is 2026 draft I think) but thats still early guesses.

Definitely more strenght in offense then defense in this group.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Overall it's a promising generation, yes. Probably the best forward group in recent years. But it badly needs more competent defensemen to emerge, we have seen at the U20 WJC and recent Hlinka what a mobile and skilled defense does to a team.
I agree but we don't seem to have balance. We went a decade without any great Dman (Hronek being the best) but lots of good forwards (Pasta, Chytil, Necas). Now we have a few drafts with great D but not great forwards.

So if we can go 3 drafts and stock up on legit NHL D's and not just 'warm bodies' like you say then I'd be thrilled with a draft with some good forwards and weaker D to even it out.

But I totally agree a team built on D is better than a team built on F's.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I just wonder what happened to Svozil. I really never saw or heard any information that he was possibly injured. Strange.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I just wonder what happened to Svozil. I really never saw or heard any information that he was possibly injured. Strange.
In the final day of Hlinka, I saw him in person by the team bus, a few hours prior to the gold medal game. He looked fine, no visible injury. But as I said in another thread, quality of his is far above the quality of Zielenski, A.Kral or Skok, so he must have had some sort of injury. I do wish the coach straight up said what's up with Svozil though.

I agree but we don't seem to have balance. We went a decade without any great Dman (Hronek being the best) but lots of good forwards (Pasta, Chytil, Necas). Now we have a few drafts with great D but not great forwards.

So if we can go 3 drafts and stock up on legit NHL D's and not just 'warm bodies' like you say then I'd be thrilled with a draft with some good forwards and weaker D to even it out.

But I totally agree a team built on D is better than a team built on F's.
Well it would sure be nice to have a balanced group for once. But the 2007 group is not that. I don't know anything about the 2008-born generation, but hopefully it has some promising defensemen, who could eventually be used as underagers to strenghten the team. As of now, I see 3-4 defensemen in the 2007 group that are solid at the international level, which is not enough, any injury can be a huge problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00