OT: Fitness and Nutrition X

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
As a vegan I can eat all the sugar I want, my insulin isn’t blocked from animal plaque. My body processes sugar extremely quickly and transforms it into available energy. I eat very large amounts of complex carbs and fruits. Obviously everyone must limit the amount of processed carbs and processed sugars, that stuff isn’t natural, but my body is still much better suited to process it than an omnivore’s body.
so, you're not doing any more exercise than before ? that"s what you're saying ?

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
so, you're not doing any more exercise than before ? that"s what you're saying ?
No I barely do any exercise at all, just some weight lifting a couple times a week. I hate cardio. I’m lean and feel stronger then ever at almost 40. At 25 I was about 50 pounds heavier at my biggest. I’m 6’2” so I carried it well. I’m around 200 lbs, I can eat all the healthy food I want and won’t gain any weight. But, if I start eating deep fried restaurant food too much I gain fat, like Falafel plates with oily rice and potatoes, they use low quality oils. Too much bread will also fatten me up. Processed carbs aren’t good for anyone.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
No I barely do any exercise at all, just some weight lifting a couple times a week. I hate cardio. I’m lean and feel stronger then ever at almost 40. At 25 I was about 50 pounds heavier at my biggest. I’m 6’2” so I carried it well. I’m around 200 lbs, I can eat all the healthy food I want and won’t gain any weight. But, if I start eating deep fried restaurant food too much I gain fat, like Falafel plates with oily rice and potatoes, they use low quality oils. Too much bread will also fatten me up. Processed carbs aren’t good for anyone.

use vegan bread, you won't gain an ounce.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Meredith Root is an animal industry hack, she’s a nobody, she’s been bought and payed for.
And most people in the doc have vegan-related conflict of interest. So again, you are proving you only care about conflict of interest if it suit your agenda.

What is false in what she wrote?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don’t agree that we are omnivores by design. We have no claws, no teeth for tearing and shredding meat, our digestive tracks are very long and made to digest plants, our stomach acids are very weak. Without our extreme intelligence and our ability to create tools and the invention of fire we wouldn’t have started to eat meat. We made ourselves omnivores with our intelligence. Our bodies are simply not designed to hunt and eat meat.
Lol...no. If we were herbivores than we wouldn't be able to absorb nutrients from meat, simple as that.
Humans ate according to their surroundings.
Not having claws and crazy canines like Lions doesn't mean we aren't omnivores, it could mean we weren't designed to be predators/hunters. We could be omnivorous scavengers.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

You sound like those people who just convinced themselves they feel better.
You can't just eat as much as you want without gaining weight. It doesn't work like that mate.
If you consumed a high amount of calories, then you'll put on weight, no matter the food.

And yes, obviously if you replaced your broccoli with deep fried falafels, you'll feel like crap. Duh. You shouldn't have been eating that in the first place anyways. Replace the deep fried falafels with some Tempeh Tempura though, you'll still feel like crap. A bit of common sense here would go a long way.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
And most people in the doc have vegan-related conflict of interest. So again, you are proving you only care about conflict of interest if it suit your agenda.

What is false in what she wrote?
She’s entitled to her opinions. She’s been paid by the animal product industry for this “review” she’s not a scientist or a doctor. So that’s a “conflict of interest” right there.

So Vegans are behind the making of Vegan documentaries? Well that’s how things works usually. Another “conflict of interest”

You can find “conflicts of interest” in almost everything if in life.

What’s not a conflict of interest is the growing athlete support for Veganism around the world despite all the propaganda and the falsehoods that have been payed for and spread by the animal products industry for decades.

Factory farming is destroying our planet at a MUCH bigger rate than the oil and coal industry. Methane gas from animal farts and crap is a greenhouse gas and stays trapped in our atmosphere for a very long time. Factory farms pollute our lands and our water supplies, create new dangerous strains of bacteria and viruses. It’s simply unsustainable. It takes 10 pounds of crop to produce 1 pound of meat. We can just use that 10 lbs of crop to feed humans instead.

Dairy and eggs are extremely bad for humans, they aren’t even allowed to advertise them as healthy anymore.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
You sound like those people who just convinced themselves they feel better.
You can't just eat as much as you want without gaining weight. It doesn't work like that mate.
If you consumed a high amount of calories, then you'll put on weight, no matter the food.

And yes, obviously if you replaced your broccoli with deep fried falafels, you'll feel like crap. Duh. You shouldn't have been eating that in the first place anyways. Replace the deep fried falafels with some Tempeh Tempura though, you'll still feel like crap. A bit of common sense here would go a long way.
So I guess all the athletes that are outperforming their previous omnivore selves as herbivores now are also convincing themselves? Or are they lying about how great they feel and how much better they are performing as athletes?

Try being a vegan for a few months and maybe then you can have an opinion about how it made YOU feel and perform. Until then I don’t see how you can have an opinion on it.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
So I guess all the athletes that are outperforming their previous omnivore selves as herbivores now are also convincing themselves? Or are they lying about how great they feel and how much better they are performing as athletes?

Try being a vegan for a few months and maybe then you can have an opinion about how it made YOU feel and perform. Until then I don’t see how you can have an opinion on it.

Someone join a cult lately?:help:

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Lol...no. If we were herbivores than we wouldn't be able to absorb nutrients from meat, simple as that.
Humans ate according to their surroundings.
Not having claws and crazy canines like Lions doesn't mean we aren't omnivores, it could mean we weren't designed to be predators/hunters. We could be omnivorous scavengers.
We would still be able to absorb nutrients from meat, look at pigs for example, factory farming usually feeds dead pigs back to the pigs, pigs are herbivores and they can absorb the nutrients just fine. We absorb it, but our bodies struggle to do it, that’s why if you eat too much meat and dairy you feel disgusting and go into a “meat coma”
We are scavengers, we are pray, without our intelligence in tool making we would be completely screwed in the wild. We’re pickers, designed to pick easy plant matter to eat.

You know as well as I do that we didn’t just “evolve” from primates like the main stream scientist hacks want us to believe. There’s so many holes in that story and impossibilities. You’re smarter than that.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
We would still be able to absorb nutrients from meat, look at pigs for example, factory farming usually feeds dead pigs back to the pigs, pigs are herbivores and they can absorb the nutrients just fine. We absorb it, but our bodies struggle to do it, that’s why if you eat too much meat and dairy you feel disgusting and go into a “meat coma”
We are scavengers, we are pray, without our intelligence in tool making we would be completely screwed in the wild. We’re pickers, designed to pick easy plant matter to eat.

You know as well as I do that we didn’t just “evolve” from primates like the main stream scientist hacks want us to believe. There’s so many holes in that story and impossibilities. You’re smarter than that.
maybe you should stop talking like you know about all that.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What about them? They don't sound like you at all. They aren't out there saying ''I can just eat anything I want so long as it's vegan and I'll feel great! I never put on weight!''
You're not sounding very well informed in your comments mate.

I have and I didn't like it, my strength went down and was losing too much weight. I still try to do meatless days twice per week.
I work in the fitness industry, I've experimented with a lot of diets.

For the record I have mentioned it many times already, if it makes you feel great then awesome, but stop spreading BS things around like you can eat endlessly as a vegan and not put on weight, that meat is horrible, that we aren't omnivores, and that everything in game changers is super-duper-awesome-and-true.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Someone join a cult lately?:help:
So being a vegan is a cult? Feeling great and outperforming your precious omnivore self as an athlete is a cult?

They actually tried to ban veganism in Italy, backwards mentality, that’s some cult behaviour right there. They were desperately trying to protect the cheese industry. Money talks. Money matters. The animal product Industry is absolutely revolting and are being exposed for what they are.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
What about them? They don't sound like you at all. They aren't out there saying ''I can just eat anything I want so long as it's vegan and I'll feel great! I never put on weight!''
You're not sounding very well informed in your comments mate.

I have and I didn't like it, my strength went down and was losing too much weight. I still try to do meatless days twice per week.
I work in the fitness industry, I've experimented with a lot of diets.

For the record I have mentioned it many times already, if it makes you feel great then awesome, but stop spreading BS things around like you can eat endlessly as a vegan and not put on weight, that meat is horrible, that we aren't omnivores, and that everything in game changers is super-duper-awesome-and-true.
I said I can eat as much complex carbohydrates/vegetables/plant protein as I want and I never gain any weight. I stuff myself and I never feel gross or bloated. I eat as much as I want when I’m hungry and to satisfaction, I don’t have to count or weight anything.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
@Kriss E processed meats are now considered a level 1 cancerous product in the same category as cigarettes and plutonium.

the reality is that all meat and animal products are cancerous and feed cancer cells.

plant proteins are proven to kill cancer cells.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So being a vegan is a cult? Feeling great and outperforming your precious omnivore self as an athlete is a cult?

They actually tried to ban veganism in Italy, backwards mentality, that’s some cult behaviour right there. They were desperately trying to protect the cheese industry. Money talks. Money matters. The animal product Industry is absolutely revolting and are being exposed for what they are.
you are an omnivore wether you like it or not. It's a fact.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar

Not at all,but the delivery is suspect. If you feel great as is,great,no issue with that, but such homerism without allowing others to follow their own path and beliefs without sharp criticisms and wrath is somewhat eye opening to say the least.

Thought Italy was free in that sense.Not sure how you can ban that though. A lot of things are revolting, food industry far below what really is revolting.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
you are an omnivore wether you like it or not. It's a fact.
No that’s not a fact, it’s an opinion. Humans have zero characteristics of an omnivore and 100% characteristics of a herbivore. Our extreme intelligence and tool making abilities/inventions allowed us to choose to be omnivores. There’s secluded places in China where they have never consumed animal products and guess what, they have no disease, no cancer no nothing. Look at the China study, a 30 year study on nutrition, the biggest study ever done on human nutrition. (Animal industries’ nightmare)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Pigs are omnivores buddy.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Thought Italy was free in that sense.Not sure how you can ban that though. A lot of things are revolting, food industry far below what really is revolting.
They tried to make it illegal and child abuse to raise your children as vegans. Ridiculous animal industry propaganda, government payoffs. It didn’t work out for them.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Pigs are omnivores buddy.
In the wild they will eat insects and scavenge dead fish or small animals if desperate. Most herbivores will do that if desperate for food. Herbivores will always seek plant food unless desperate to survive.

Real omnivore hunt meat as a primary food source and turn to plants when desperate for food.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
In the wild they will eat insects and scavenge dead fish or small animals if desperate. Most herbivores will do that if desperate for food. Herbivores will always seek plant food unless desperate to survive.

Real omnivore hunt meat as a primary food source and turn to plants when desperate for food.
Pigs are omnivores dude, doubling down on your mistake isn't helping you.
That's why people think a lot of vegans are nuts. You cant just invent your own facts.
Pigs will eat anything, it depends on their proximity and availability, same as humans.

Reactions: angusyoung

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Pigs are omnivores dude, doubling down on your mistake isn't helping you.
That's why people think a lot of vegans are nuts. You cant just invent your own facts.
Pigs will eat anything, it depends on their proximity and availability, same as humans.
Pigs in the wild will eat plants first, they are prey, they aren’t predators, they will scavenge insects and small dead animals for survival if needed.

Real omnivores are predators just like carnivores, they primarily hunt meat because they are physically designed to hunt. Real omnivores aren’t prey, they only turn to plants when there’s no meat around.

So there’s a big difference there. If you wanna get super technical and refuse to see the logic between the 2 then I can’t force you.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Pigs in the wild will eat plants first, they are prey, they aren’t predators, they will scavenge insects and small dead animals for survival if needed.

Real omnivores are predators just like carnivores, they primarily hunt meat because they are physically designed to hunt. Real omnivores aren’t prey, they only turn to plants when there’s no meat around.

So there’s a big difference there. If you wanna get super technical and refuse to see the logic between the 2 then I can’t force you.

Do you feel yourself sounding Pejorative Slured right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad