OT: Fitness and Nutrition X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
You realize that documentary, while they do contain interesting info, was funded by the biggest producer of pea protein right?
Oh please. Pea protein is amazing anyways so even if that were true, who cares? I actually don’t remember pea protein being mentioned in there... soy is amazing protein.

Last edited:

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Conflict of interest is fine if it goes your way?
Well, watch it for yourself and make up your own mind. There’s a bunch of professional athletes in there telling their own stories. They aren’t pushing any pea protein, I don’t even remember pea protein being mentioned.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Well, watch it for yourself and make up your own mind. There’s a bunch of professional athletes in there telling their own stories. They aren’t pushing any pea protein, I don’t even remember pea protein being mentioned.
Vegan industry associated with vegan documentary. Conflict of interest.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Oh please. Pea protein is amazing anyways so even if that were true, who cares? I actually don’t remember pea protein being mentioned in there... soy is amazing protein.
Not mentioning an obvious conflict of interest shows bias and a lack of objectivity.
They don't need to advertise pea protein inside the documentary, but it shows a conflict. Just like meat industry funding a study shows a conflict.

Reactions: Treb

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Vegan industry associated with vegan documentary. Conflict of interest.
Well the meat/dairy/egg industries advertise everywhere and spread propaganda. So is that a conflict of interest? And where’s the proof that “big pea protein powder” funded that documentary? Even if it would be a “conflict of interest” the information in there is all backed by science and doctors. It’s actually an amazing documentary, definitely worth the watch even if it doesn’t influence you. Example: 14 players on the Tennessee Titans have become vegan because of one of their wives cooking absolutely amazing food. Check it out man, it’s a great watch.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Not mentioning an obvious conflict of interest shows bias and a lack of objectivity.
Their is objectivity in that doc, all those athletes where omnivores before switching to plant based. You have never even attempted to go plant based so how do you know how it would make you feel as an athlete?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Their is objectivity in that doc, all those athletes where omnivores before switching to plant based. You have never even attempted to go plant based so how do you know how it would make you feel as an athlete?

Listen it's pretty clear you know very little on this topic. You watched a documentary that you really enjoyed and now swear by it. That's cool and good for you mate.
I'm not sure if you know what an omnivore is...that doesn't change over night because of your diet..
You didn't even know the biggest producer of pea protein funded that movie and somehow you don't even see the conflict with that.
Objectivity in that video? Hmm..was it when they mention how vegan Nate Diaz beat meat-eater McGregor, but then left out how McGregor beat him in the rematch while still eating meat?? Was that them being completely open and objective?
Or was it during the firemen segment where one of them discusses how he's feeling so much better because he doesn't have the crash feeling after eating his meals now that he's on a plant base...leaving out the fact meat consumption isn't the culprit of such crashes but high level of processed carbs is...hmmm

Listen, again, the premise of the movie was to show you can perform well athletically on a plant based diet. I agree with this and I think the movie did a good job showing that. Outside of that, it was veganism fluff.

Be a vegan by all means, just stop the preaching and pretending like you even know what you're even talking about. I called it out on your very first post, you guys are too predictable.

Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Well the meat/dairy/egg industries advertise everywhere and spread propaganda. So is that a conflict of interest? And where’s the proof that “big pea protein powder” funded that documentary? Even if it would be a “conflict of interest” the information in there is all backed by science and doctors. It’s actually an amazing documentary, definitely worth the watch even if it doesn’t influence you. Example: 14 players on the Tennessee Titans have become vegan because of one of their wives cooking absolutely amazing food. Check it out man, it’s a great watch.

Check this out, it's a great read: The Game Changers - A Scientific Review with full Citations - Tactic

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Listen it's pretty clear you know very little on this topic. You watched a documentary that you really enjoyed and now swear by it. That's cool and good for you mate.
I'm not sure if you know what an omnivore is...that doesn't change over night because of your diet..
You didn't even know the biggest producer of pea protein funded that movie and somehow you don't even see the conflict with that.
Objectivity in that video? Hmm..was it when they mention how vegan Nate Diaz beat meat-eater McGregor, but then left out how McGregor beat him in the rematch while still eating meat?? Was that them being completely open and objective?
Or was it during the firemen segment where one of them discusses how he's feeling so much better because he doesn't have the crash feeling after eating his meals now that he's on a plant base...leaving out the fact meat consumption isn't the culprit of such crashes but high level of processed carbs is...hmmm

Listen, again, the premise of the movie was to show you can perform well athletically on a plant based diet. I agree with this and I think the movie did a good job showing that. Outside of that, it was veganism fluff.

Be a vegan by all means, just stop the preaching and pretending like you even know what you're even talking about. I called it out on your very first post, you guys are too predictable.
What about the science that proves how damaging animal products are to your blood and organs? The high cholesterol, the fatty blood, the plaque buildup etc etc..

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What about the science that proves how damaging animal products are to your blood and organs? The high cholesterol, the fatty blood, the plaque buildup etc etc..
Again, not the premise of the documentary. You keep telling everyone to watch it, I'm starting to wonder if you even understood it.

As I said, I'm not against veganism, I'm not saying you cannot be healthy or thrive under it. I have preached a well balanced diet for years. Don't eat a steak or chicken every day, mix things up.
All the studies I read are flawed, they aren't very well controlled, a lot of them we don't even know how people cook their meats. Even unprocessed meat, is the chicken fried? skin still on? meat was marinated? BBQd? Is it quality meat or factory farming crap? Some studies didn't even separate processed with unprocessed so the nasty hot dog at the movies is the same as a beautifully marbled piece of Wagyu.

The nutritional field is one that needs a massive overhaul. There is too many contradicting information out there. There's a new study every week suggesting one thing and they're all flawed.

Just eat well balanced. Try to have some veggies in every meal with a form of protein and healthy fat, limit anything that's really processed, try to eat 1-2 fruits per day. That's it. You'll be very healthy.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Again, not the premise of the documentary. You keep telling everyone to watch it, I'm starting to wonder if you even understood it.

As I said, I'm not against veganism, I'm not saying you cannot be healthy or thrive under it. I have preached a well balanced diet for years. Don't eat a steak or chicken every day, mix things up.
All the studies I read are flawed, they aren't very well controlled, a lot of them we don't even know how people cook their meats. Even unprocessed meat, is the chicken fried? skin still on? meat was marinated? BBQd? Is it quality meat or factory farming crap? Some studies didn't even separate processed with unprocessed so the nasty hot dog at the movies is the same as a beautifully marbled piece of Wagyu.

The nutritional field is one that needs a massive overhaul. There is too many contradicting information out there. There's a new study every week suggesting one thing and they're all flawed.

Just eat well balanced. Try to have some veggies in every meal with a form of protein and healthy fat, limit anything that's really processed, try to eat 1-2 fruits per day. That's it. You'll be very healthy.
What about the tests they did in the doc where they showed you exactly what the athletes ate, and then they put the blood in the machine to separate the plasma, and they showed us how cloudy the plasma was with animal fat?

Well at least you see the merits of a plant based diet. And the way you eat is obviously much healthier than the average omnivore, at least you preach a balanced diet with higher quality meats. And if you don’t eat meat everyday you are definitely doing your body a favour.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What about the tests they did in the doc where they showed you exactly what the athletes ate, and then they put the blood in the machine to separate the plasma, and they showed us how cloudy the plasma was with animal fat?

Well at least you see the merits of a plant based diet. And the way you eat is obviously much healthier than the average omnivore, at least you preach a balanced diet with higher quality meats. And if you don’t eat meat everyday you are definitely doing your body a favour.
Those experiments were just wow-factors to get you on the hook. Eat a animal based burrito vs a plant based burrito...wow...just like that, your blood looks so much clearer! :facepalm:
No mention of what was eaten prior to that Burrito, what is their general diet, sleep, blood volume, hydration, all of which holds an impact on endothelial function.

Btw, the Doctor who conducted this test has a book on veganism. Actually, a lot of the experts quoted have self-interest in promoting veganism. That doesn't mean they're wrong about everything, but if you're going to call other people hacks for being meat eaters, be consistent and point out the conflicts here too.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Those experiments were just wow-factors to get you on the hook. Eat a animal based burrito vs a plant based burrito...wow...just like that, your blood looks so much clearer! :facepalm:
No mention of what was eaten prior to that Burrito, what is their general diet, sleep, blood volume, hydration, all of which holds an impact on endothelial function.

Btw, the Doctor who conducted this test has a book on veganism. Actually, a lot of the experts quoted have self-interest in promoting veganism. That doesn't mean they're wrong about everything, but if you're going to call other people hacks for being meat eaters, be consistent and point out the conflicts here too.
Those were professional NFL football players in that test though, I’m sure it was legit, otherwise they wouldn’t stand by it. The science in these docs is real, it’s backed up, there’s no denying that.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Those were professional NFL football players in that test though, I’m sure it was legit, otherwise they wouldn’t stand by it. The science in these docs is real, it’s backed up, there’s no denying that.
Dude...did you not hear those guys talk about what they love to eat? One of them is talking about how much he loves Popeye's. One of them says he eats fried chicken every time on away games.
So no, you're wrong. There's nothing legit about this experiment.

Nothing in that lame experiment showed or proved how eating some good quality animal protein would be harmful, or even that eating the plant based one is. They do the same dumb burrito test for the erections but at least that Doctor was mindful enough to admit it's just a fun little experiment with no conclusive end, at best way more work needs to go into it.
Oh, and him again, he is the author of ''The Penis Book'', a plant based diet erectile book.

The science is real...loll..hey, drink a big jug of beet juice and go bench, in this very scientifically based movie, apparently you will see a 19% gain. Give it a go mate.

Again, you just watched a documentary, you really liked what and how they presented it. It's filled with attractive wow-factor claims to hook viewers like yourself on.
It's clear as day you never really researched much into this topic prior to viewing the movie, and you obviously did zero research into the claims made to see if there are two sides to the medal.
This movie is full of flaws and they show a very clear bias with how they present their arguments/claims.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Dude...did you not hear those guys talk about what they love to eat? One of them is talking about how much he loves Popeye's. One of them says he eats fried chicken every time on away games.
So no, you're wrong. There's nothing legit about this experiment.

Nothing in that lame experiment showed or proved how eating some good quality animal protein would be harmful, or even that eating the plant based one is. They do the same dumb burrito test for the erections but at least that Doctor was mindful enough to admit it's just a fun little experiment with no conclusive end, at best way more work needs to go into it.
Oh, and him again, he is the author of ''The Penis Book'', a plant based diet erectile book.

The science is real...loll..hey, drink a big jug of beet juice and go bench, in this very scientifically based movie, apparently you will see a 19% gain. Give it a go mate.

Again, you just watched a documentary, you really liked what and how they presented it. It's filled with attractive wow-factor claims to hook viewers like yourself on.
It's clear as day you never really researched much into this topic prior to viewing the movie, and you obviously did zero research into the claims made to see if there are two sides to the medal.
This movie is full of flaws and they show a very clear bias with how they present their arguments/claims.
I’ve watched: The Game Changers, Forks Over Knives, What The Health, Cowspiracy, Earthlings and others. I’ve been an omnivore for the major part of my life, when I became vegan I felt the benefits, I’m stronger than ever, I feel better than ever, I can eat as much as I want and I never feel gross and bloated. My blood pressure is optimal, my cholesterol is amazing, I just feel great. So for me I’ve lived on both sides of the fence and I feel much better on this side.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I’ve watched: The Game Changers, Forks Over Knives, What The Health, Cowspiracy, Earthlings and others. I’ve been an omnivore for the major part of my life, when I became vegan I felt the benefits, I’m stronger than ever, I feel better than ever, I can eat as much as I want and I never feel gross and bloated. My blood pressure is optimal, my cholesterol is amazing, I just feel great.

Dude, you're still an omnivore. Humans don't stop being omnivores because they want to eat kale and lentils.
Great that you feel better. It doesn't substantiate anything we were discussing. I know some vegans who feel great too. My cousin is a vegan and she looks 25 despite being 40. Probably mostly genetic though as most people in my family look way younger than their age, and she's the only vegan.
I have another buddy who went vegan and he felt terrible, got very weak, so he gave up after 3 months.
My ex-gf would eat a small green salad and be bloated for 2 days.

Point here, nutrition is highly individual. You find something that works very well for you, great. Keep at it. I feel great with my nutritional habits, I just did blood, stool and urine tests, everything is great. I'll keep doing what I'm doing too.

This has nothing to do with discussing the validity of claims made in that or those documentaries.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
Dude, you're still an omnivore. Humans don't stop being omnivores because they want to eat kale and lentils.
Great that you feel better. It doesn't substantiate anything we were discussing. I know some vegans who feel great too. My cousin is a vegan and she looks 25 despite being 40. Probably mostly genetic though as most people in my family look way younger than their age, and she's the only vegan.
I have another buddy who went vegan and he felt terrible, got very weak, so he gave up after 3 months.
My ex-gf would eat a small green salad and be bloated for 2 days.

Point here, nutrition is highly individual. You find something that works very well for you, great. Keep at it. I feel great with my nutritional habits, I just did blood, stool and urine tests, everything is great. I'll keep doing what I'm doing too.

This has nothing to do with discussing the validity of claims made in that or those documentaries.
I don’t agree that we are omnivores by design. We have no claws, no teeth for tearing and shredding meat, our digestive tracks are very long and made to digest plants, our stomach acids are very weak. Without our extreme intelligence and our ability to create tools and the invention of fire we wouldn’t have started to eat meat. We made ourselves omnivores with our intelligence. Our bodies are simply not designed to hunt and eat meat.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I’ve watched: The Game Changers, Forks Over Knives, What The Health, Cowspiracy, Earthlings and others. I’ve been an omnivore for the major part of my life, when I became vegan I felt the benefits, I’m stronger than ever, I feel better than ever, I can eat as much as I want and I never feel gross and bloated. My blood pressure is optimal, my cholesterol is amazing, I just feel great. So for me I’ve lived on both sides of the fence and I feel much better on this side.
so you dropped the cheezeburgers, the hotdogs and poutine for veggies - and you think the reason you feel better now is because you've cut on meat.

Reactions: angusyoung

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
so you dropped the cheezeburgers, the hotdogs and poutine for veggies - and you think the reason you feel better now is because you've cut on meat.
C6897BBF-D738-461B-AE18-EC8DFC4D861E.jpeg

Slap this on the BBQ and I guarantee you could never tell the difference, it’s that good. Vegan cheeses are getting better and better, veggie dogs taste great, vegan poutines are great. I haven’t given any of that up. And I can eat as much as I want, I can eat like a pig and I never feel sick like I would from meat and dairy cheese.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
View attachment 322527

Slap this on the BBQ and I guarantee you could never tell the difference, it’s that good. Vegan cheeses are getting better and better, veggie dogs taste great, vegan poutines are great. I haven’t given any of that up. And I can eat as much as I want, I can eat like a pig and I never feel sick like I would from meat and dairy cheese.
So what you're saying is, you were already eating great quality food (healthwise) and the only part of your diet you dropped is meat... I see.

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
So what you're saying is, you were already eating great quality food (healthwise) and the only part of your diet you dropped is meat... I see.
I dropped meat/dairy/eggs, replaced those with plant based foods, feel amazing. Eat mainly complex carbohydrates and plant protein, feel absolutely amazing, stronger than ever, my skin is better than ever, blood flow better than ever, hair seems to have stopped falling out. I barely never get the flu or even a cold anymore, immune system is extremely strong, I sleep better, never constipated.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I dropped meat/dairy/eggs, replaced those with plant based foods, feel amazing. Eat mainly complex carbohydrates and plant protein, feel absolutely amazing, stronger than ever, my skin is better than ever, blood flow better than ever, hair seems to have stopped falling out. I never get the flu or even a cold anymore, immune system is extremely strong, I sleep better, never constipated.
you were already watching your cholesterol levels, making sure no to eat too much fat/sugar, salt as well... there was also a shitload of veggies in your diet...

you're exercising just the same, you were doing a lot already...

sure...

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
you were already watching your cholesterol levels, making sure no to eat too much fat/sugar, salt as well... there was also a ****load of veggies in your diet...

you're exercising just the same, you were doing a lot already...

sure...
As a vegan I can eat all the sugar I want, my insulin isn’t blocked from animal plaque. My body processes sugar extremely quickly and transforms it into available energy. I eat very large amounts of complex carbs and fruits. Obviously everyone must limit the amount of processed carbs and processed sugars, that stuff isn’t natural, but my body is still much better suited to process it than an omnivore’s body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad