Fitness and Nutrition VIII

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
i know im just curious of the difference booze or without booze will do.

i already play basketball 3-4 time a week, tennis 1-2x, walk daily in the forest, run 1-2x and do a circuit of push pull squat hinge 3-4x ... the training part isnt the problem imo.

That's good. But the beer layer you've accumulated likely needs even more work to to be eliminated. Taking the booze out of your diet for only a couple of weeks is not likely to be noticeable, unless you have a very unique metabolism.

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
That's good. But the beer layer you've accumulated likely needs even more work to to be eliminated. Taking the booze out of your diet for only a couple of weeks is not likely to be noticeable, unless you have a very unique metabolism.

i prolly ''need'' to lose 8-10 pounds so i guess with 2-3 drinks a week and a good but not awesome diet and my level of activity, 3 months may be a reasonable time.

Reactions: groovejuice

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

What a nice moment. Ive grown to like Thor a heck of a lot more since he actually won, he went from a total dick that wanted to win at all cost to basically a guy thats just having fun.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
i know im just curious of the difference booze or without booze will do.

i already play basketball 3-4 time a week, tennis 1-2x, walk daily in the forest, run 1-2x and do a circuit of push pull squat hinge 3-4x ... the training part isnt the problem imo.
I'm not sure how you do all this exercising and worry about barely drinking once a week?
If you have access fat despite all this then it has nothing to do with you going out drinking once per week and everything to do with what you eat during the 7 days.
Of course, if you shared incorrect information, that's another story.

Hector Salamanca

Jul 20, 2013
Qc
I'm not sure how you do all this exercising and worry about barely drinking once a week?
If you have access fat despite all this then it has nothing to do with you going out drinking once per week and everything to do with what you eat during the 7 days.
Of course, if you shared incorrect information, that's another story.

nah im taking tamoxifin + sundac + lyrica daily for an illness and prolly for the next 3-4 years. tamoxifin and lyrica make a big part of people who take them add a fair amound of weight.

it just when i drink it get out of hand like i was saying before so i have to go with 2-3 gin tonic a week for a while.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
nah im taking tamoxifin + sundac + lyrica daily for an illness and prolly for the next 3-4 years. tamoxifin and lyrica make a big part of people who take them add a fair amound of weight.

it just when i drink it get out of hand like i was saying before so i have to go with 2-3 gin tonic a week for a while.

Still...binging once per week or less when you exercise as much as you do isn't the reason why progress lacks. It's all the other stuff.
Not that I'm arguing against you drinking less. That's never a bad thing.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I've posted here a lot about my struggles with balancing fitness with a newborn at home. The time/energy needed to accomplish my goals is just not there right now and it's been a struggle, especially with my sprained AC joint.

Since I decided to de-load significantly and work my way back up on all lifts I have been feeling a lot happier and like my routine is more sustainable. I went from 250lb squats (5x5) to 150lbs and it is way more sustainable, I only need about a minute between sets and the whole thing doesn't take up 30mins anymore, which helps keep my routine to about an hour, instead of 90 minutes.

The only thing is 150lbs doesn't really feel like I'm lifting anything. I am taking this opportunity to focus on form and getting that perfect but I'm wondering if I should increase volume a bit, like 5x8 or something, just to add a bit more challenge. I am still increasing by 15 lbs a week so maybe it's best to just keep it as is since it'll get harder soon enough.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I've posted here a lot about my struggles with balancing fitness with a newborn at home. The time/energy needed to accomplish my goals is just not there right now and it's been a struggle, especially with my sprained AC joint.

Since I decided to de-load significantly and work my way back up on all lifts I have been feeling a lot happier and like my routine is more sustainable. I went from 250lb squats (5x5) to 150lbs and it is way more sustainable, I only need about a minute between sets and the whole thing doesn't take up 30mins anymore, which helps keep my routine to about an hour, instead of 90 minutes.

The only thing is 150lbs doesn't really feel like I'm lifting anything. I am taking this opportunity to focus on form and getting that perfect but I'm wondering if I should increase volume a bit, like 5x8 or something, just to add a bit more challenge. I am still increasing by 15 lbs a week so maybe it's best to just keep it as is since it'll get harder soon enough.

I had to change my fitness goals as well after my son was born and my work hours were longer. At some, you have to decide what's most important for you and in my case, dropping a lot of weightlifting meant I had plenty more time for myself. Hockey's what's keeping me in shape and its a lot more enjoyable.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Whats even more pathetic is the reactions towards him. I get hes a great guy, teddy bear and all, but call him out or something, thats just lame as shit.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Gally just lifted 505 lbs

64330363_2389521761105154_8017538523731066880_o.jpg

Reactions: groovejuice

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Anyone use KT tape? Does it actually do anything?

My physio taped up my shoulder and told me to try sleeping with it on. I normally wake up every morning with a sore shoulder and it's so tense that my shoulder is shrugged up near my ear before I am able to loosen it up. This morning, no pain, no tensed up shoulder. I don't know if it's doing anything or just psychological. I do know I wasn't able to sleep in the same position I normally do because of the tape.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Anyone use KT tape? Does it actually do anything?

My physio taped up my shoulder and told me to try sleeping with it on. I normally wake up every morning with a sore shoulder and it's so tense that my shoulder is shrugged up near my ear before I am able to loosen it up. This morning, no pain, no tensed up shoulder. I don't know if it's doing anything or just psychological. I do know I wasn't able to sleep in the same position I normally do because of the tape.

I have an AC joint injury right now, and my PT taped me like that the first few weeks. I liked it, I could see the difference with and without. I think the point is to stabilize the shoulder area to prevent further irritation

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I have an AC joint injury right now, and my PT taped me like that the first few weeks. I liked it, I could see the difference with and without. I think the point is to stabilize the shoulder area to prevent further irritation

It's my AC joint as well. It has hurt every single day since February and today is the first day I have no pain at all. Really liking the tape thus far.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
It's my AC joint as well. It has hurt every single day since February and today is the first day I have no pain at all. Really liking the tape thus far.

I hear you brother. I've been living with pain for the past 8 months because of that injury (minor tear), and until I met that PT I was close to giving up. Now 4 weeks later I regained a lot of mobility and while I still can't bench press properly without pain I have hope as I see lots of good improvements :)

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Not even using f***ing straps.

900+ pounds.

Overhand grip.

NO STRAPS.

How. And he's not even that big.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad