Fit for Burmistrov

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Isn't he a hard-working middle sixer? :huh: That's how I remembered him Edmonton?
Gagner has been a pretty productive player through his career but I haven't watched him since his time with the Oilers so I'll take your word for it. I admit, I'm already on my heels for assuming the Benning Administration made competent signings...

Errr, if Gagner was a gritty, defensively reliable middle sixer who has regularly scored 30+ points, people would be more excited about this signing.

He's basically just an upgrade on Boucher, IMO.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Errr, if Gagner was a gritty, defensively reliable middle sixer who has regularly scored 30+ points, people would be more excited about this signing.

I was a big Santo fan and I thought it was a shame that he got injured.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Nah. "People" aren't excited because the Canucks aren't contenders and Gagner is 28. If Gagner was Boucher's age the signing would be much more exciting. Gagner has played almost 700 NHL games and has over 400 points. Boucher likely won't reach half those numbers.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Isn't he a hard-working middle sixer? :huh: That's how I remembered him Edmonton?
Gagner has been a pretty productive player through his career but I haven't watched him since his time with the Oilers so I'll take your word for it. I admit, I'm already on my heels for assuming the Benning Administration made competent signings...

He isn't outright lazy or anything, but he's not remotely a gritty guy. He's a high-skill guy who will help on the PP or add some offense wherever he's inserted in the lineup.

This would have been a really good signing to add depth in 2014 or 2015 when we were trying to compete. Why he was signed now, I have no idea.

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
I for one was kind of surprised the Canucks took a flyer on Burmistrov.....was basically untradeable last year by the Jets, and picked up by the 'Yotes via the waiver wire who then didn't even qualify him...never a good sign.

So what can the Canucks reasonably expect from this guy next season?.....where does he fit in?....does he have the defensive game to even be a fourth liner?....maybe a second-unit pp guy?

we also got gagner. that says a lot about our depth

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
He isn't outright lazy or anything, but he's not remotely a gritty guy. He's a high-skill guy who will help on the PP or add some offense wherever he's inserted in the lineup.

This would have been a really good signing to add depth in 2014 or 2015 when we were trying to compete. Why he was signed now, I have no idea.

Only thing I could think of is that he adds respectable centre depth for the gap when Henrik retires but before Petersson arrives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->