Speculation: Fishing for value - unqualified RFA's

Who do you think would help the Leafs?

• Total voters

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Some "notable" RFA's not qualified (will become UFA's July 1st), who would you sign to a value contact (cheap/short term) that you think could help the Leafs? You can make multiple selections.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Leipsic and Lazar. Sign Leipsic to a two way deal and have him back as a leader on the Marlies. I always thought Lazar was a pretty responsible player when he was on the Sens. He never found his offensive touch, but I'd be willing to give him a shot.

I didnt vote for Hartman, but he would probably ne next on this list. I've read though that he has long inconsistent stretches and theres some questions about his effort at times. Havent watched him enough to know, but the fact hes bounced around so much lately raises some red flags.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I think everyone from this list will be bargain bin type signings outside of Ben Hutton who should get a decent deal. The Leafs should be all over this group. I'd like to sign Hartman, Cousins, Leipsic and Beaulieu to round out the bottom of the lineup. Brett Ritchie and Curtis Lazar on contracts where they start in the AHL interests me as well.

Moore - Cousins - Hartman
ex. Leipsic

instead of...

Moore - Gauthier - Brown
ex. Petan

Beaulieu could fight with Borgman for minutes as an alternating #6-7 D.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Cousins mostly.

A bit on Ritchie and Hartman ..

Everyone else is just not that great and the Leafs have a lot of wingers that could win jobs in camp.

I'm more prone to giving a veteran a cheap deal under $1 mill. Brouwer is one name .. McGinn could be another

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Where is my boy Soshnikov?

Picking up the scrap heap you would be looking at depth and 4th line additions.
LW and C depth required
Have to think Cousins is better that GOAT.
Ex Leaf Verhaeghe had a beast statistical season playng centre for the Syracuse team. 82 points/34 goals and plays centre
A few interesting LW for depth.

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Where is my boy Soshnikov?

Picking up the scrap heap you would be looking at depth and 4th line additions.
LW and C depth required
Have to think Cousins is better that GOAT.
Ex Leaf Verhaeghe had a beast statistical season playng centre for the Syracuse team. 82 points/34 goals and plays centre
A few interesting LW for depth.
Verhaeghe go unqualified?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Cousins, Reider, Jaskin

They would need to be 1M or less but I'd have interest in any of them if they were

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
None of the above. The quality ones will probably be out of our price range

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Cousins would be a great addition as a 4th line option. I’m sure Dubas likes him given he was on his team with the greyhounds.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Voted:
Beaulieu - if for not other reason to not see Jake back with some D depth
Granlund - center depth in case Kadri is suspended/traded or Auston/JT missing any number of games

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
It scares me hes going to be on 4 teams in a year~. Whats the problem with him?

Honestly have no clue. He has some grit to his game and some scoring touch based on his one 19 goal season so you'd think he'd at least be able to stick with someone. Haven't heard of any personal issues so maybe he's just taken some steps back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad