Recalled/Assigned: Fischer Come on Down!

cactus shake

Oct 22, 2013
To be corrected by mouser, but I believe AHL games don't count towards the 9 game limit whilst the player is still age eligible for major junior (under 20)? From capfriendly:

If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.

https://www.capfriendly.com/slides

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Interesting - that would be a huge bonus for the team if they still have Fischer under contract for 3 more years on an ELC after he's played one year of pro hockey. It doesn't sound right but there are sometimes exceptions to the rule.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
To be corrected by mouser, but I believe AHL games don't count towards the 9 game limit whilst the player is still age eligible for major junior (under 20)? From capfriendly:

https://www.capfriendly.com/slides

I believe Fischer and Strome are in the same boat. Not playing 10 NHL games their contract slides one year, thus not burning a year off their ELC. I could be wrong though.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
She was writing articles about a potential Hanzal trade months before the trade actually happened. Not a stupid question, but a stupid answer of a stupid Coach/de facto GM. He could have explained in a more polite way that he doesn't want to go into details as to why they weren't able/willing to resign Hanzal.

Also, can we be 100% sure Sarah made that up? She usually writes exactly what club officials tell her. She's very loyal, doesn't produce much herself. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Tippett, Chayka and some of the other clowns have no clue what they're doing. If I'd have to guess, I'd say that somebody out of the Coyotes organisation gave her that brilliant piece of information.

Sarah is an air head.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd put her hockey knowledge up against yours any day, Jakey.

:laugh: Thanks for the laugh. I would put her to shame, easily, as I'm sure many on these boards would. You can tell she has next to zero hockey knowledge by the questions she asks.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Sarah is an air head.

That's not fair. She's not. She asks soft questions but she's not unintelligent. None of the men in the room are throwing fireballs either. No need to single her out with dismissive and marginalizing comments. We have a culture of softy sports media in the valley. They're all that way. Doesn't mean they're dumb.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
That's not fair. She's not. She asks soft questions but she's not unintelligent. None of the men in the room are throwing fireballs either. No need to single her out with dismissive and marginalizing comments. We have a culture of softy sports media in the valley. They're all that way. Doesn't mean they're dumb.

I remember that Jim had better questions, by far. Sarah is 1 step above "Tell me how you feel, coach!"

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

She may be a nice person, but when it comes to hockey she is a "air head". All you have to do is listen to the questions she asks, soft or not.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
"Airhead" is one of those insults that tells you more about the person using it than the person he's describing.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Yeah Sarah isn't very good at asking questions, but her writing is very good. Airhead is a bit too much of a stretch.

Anyways back on topic. I wouldn't mind if Burmi came back on a one year deal. Any of you think Fisher makes the team next year?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
"Airhead" is one of those insults that tells you more about the person using it than the person he's describing.

So you are saying it takes one to know one?

Yeah Sarah isn't very good at asking questions, but her writing is very good. Airhead is a bit too much of a stretch.

Anyways back on topic. I wouldn't mind if Burmi came back on a one year deal. Any of you think Fisher makes the team next year?

Ok, maybe airhead was a little harsh. She is not good at interviewing, and that is because of her lack of hockey knowledge. She was put in a position that is over her head.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Like Mosby said, Burmi is making things interesting.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

I agree that "airhead" is a misogynist expression. Men tend not to be called airheads.

I also think that Sarah is just not a good hockey reporter because she avoids controversy like the plague. It makes her writing uninteresting. I want better reporting.

I would like to see Burmi here next season. If he puts it all together he could be that elusive 30 goal scorer for us. I think that Fisher makes the team because we need his style of play.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Her writing is AP intern level. It almost passes for auto-generated. Sarah, despite being on the job for quite some time now, is still pretty unprofessional.

There's no real coverage of any of the local teams in the valley that's biting or meaningful.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I would like to see Burmi here next season. If he puts it all together he could be that elusive 30 goal scorer for us. I think that Fisher makes the team because we need his style of play.

Let's hope for 30 points instead. I think that's a more realistic expectation. He almost got there once. His pace in AZ suggests he could even make 35 points if he's kept with good wingers. Regardless, the majority of his points will continue to be assists.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Sarah needs an accomplished writer to take her under his/her wing. She's clearly suffering for not being ready for this job.

Take for example, her little plus/minus video blog. She goes in front of the camera unkempt. This is a professional video, not a college dorm production. She needs to look crisp, as would, and do, both the men and women who make their living partly in front of a camera.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
So you are saying it takes one to know one?

He's saying when all you can do is attack the messenger it doesn't say much for yourself. :nod:

Ok, maybe airhead was a little harsh. She is not good at interviewing, and that is because of her lack of hockey knowledge. She was put in a position that is over her head.

You know I've never run into so many media and journalism "experts" until I came here. :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad