Recalled/Assigned: Fischer Come on Down!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Missed the game. Besides the goal (hell yeah) how did he look?

Main things I noticed were his scoring instincts are there, he's always looking to get in position to score and get in close dangerous areas to do so. Also went up against Hedman behind the net a few times, didn't come up with the puck but the "try" was there as it were. Didn't strike me as the hardest backchecker but he only had 10 sheltered minutes so :dunno:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Main things I noticed were his scoring instincts are there, he's always looking to get in position to score and get in close dangerous areas to do so. Also went up against Hedman behind the net a few times, didn't come up with the puck but the "try" was there as it were. Didn't strike me as the hardest backchecker but he only had 10 sheltered minutes so :dunno:

I think he was outstanding without the puck. A few nice takeaways in his own zone and the the neutral zone. Probably also what earned him the (solid) 1:30 on the PK.
That said, he wasn't good with the puck. Skating could be better, puckhandling wasn't good enough. Probably was nervous quite a bit. Was also quite obvious that he wasn't used to the pace and therefore had a few turnovers. I'm confident he'll improve in that regard. His linemates also didn't help. McGinn as bad as ever and Burmistrov also had a rough game. Continously seemed to lose his footing and I also noticed a couple of ill advised passes. The line produced a goal but wasn't good overall. Spent a lot of time chasing the puck. They allowed two goals and Cooper clearly targeted them.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
And...he'll stay there per Morgan on Twitter:

"Christian Fischer will stay in Tucson for time being. Dave Tippett liked some things; doesn't think he's ready for full time NHL role yet."

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
And...he'll stay there per Morgan on Twitter:

"Christian Fischer will stay in Tucson for time being. Dave Tippett liked some things; doesn't think he's ready for full time NHL role yet."

For the best, in this case I agree with tip.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Man.... Fischer gets a call up and it gets turned into a Whak-a-Tippett/IA session.

smh

Yup. Shouldn't be this way. We all know who the anti-Tippet folks are, so they need to turn down the snark. Getting a guy a taste of the NHL on a last place team is a no brainer. Who cares if Dauphin is sent down for the final 12 games. It won't stunt his growth.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
What's funny now is, this OP was right around the time we improved from 'terrible' (13-26-6) to merely 'below average' (13-11-3)

(but stretches of the season are meaningless, right? :rolleyes:)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Deja Vu all over again. :D

To be fair, half the posts from even 2013 probably still apply, nevermind January 2017. I bet we could copy and paste posts about ownership, management, relocation, roster, budget, etc. and they'd be just as relevant today as then.
Same poop, different day.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Fischer was reassigned to Tucson this morning.

Per Sarah McLellan with Doan back in lineup and Fischer coming up on his nine games they didn't want to burn a year off the ELC but continue to keep him playing.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Fischer was reassigned to Tucson this morning.

Per Sarah McLellan with Doan back in lineup and Fischer coming up on his nine games they didn't want to burn a year off the ELC but continue to keep him playing.

He burns a year of his ELC when he is playing pro hockey. Tucson and the AHL are pro hockey.
Ergo he has already burned a year of his ELC - correct?

Slides generally apply to junior hockey players.

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009
Just another great example of her deep hockey insight. She was also the one who asked "why trade Hanzal?" Tip rolled his eyes and responded, "because he's a UFA." :shakehead

Like so many here, I really wish we could get higher quality media coverage.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Just another great example of her deep hockey insight. She was also the one who asked "why trade Hanzal?" Tip rolled his eyes and responded, "because he's a UFA." :shakehead

Like so many here, I really wish we could get higher quality media coverage.

She was writing articles about a potential Hanzal trade months before the trade actually happened. Not a stupid question, but a stupid answer of a stupid Coach/de facto GM. He could have explained in a more polite way that he doesn't want to go into details as to why they weren't able/willing to resign Hanzal.

Also, can we be 100% sure Sarah made that up? She usually writes exactly what club officials tell her. She's very loyal, doesn't produce much herself. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Tippett, Chayka and some of the other clowns have no clue what they're doing. If I'd have to guess, I'd say that somebody out of the Coyotes organisation gave her that brilliant piece of information.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Also, can we be 100% sure Sarah made that up? She usually writes exactly what club officials tell her. She's very loyal, doesn't produce much herself. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that Tippett, Chayka and some of the other clowns have no clue what they're doing. If I'd have to guess, I'd say that somebody out of the Coyotes organisation gave her that brilliant piece of information.

That would be my concern.

Reading her actual tweet, it looks like she might have just tried to be "insightful" on her own. But she rarely puts out anything she didn't get straight from the horse's mouth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad