Recalled/Assigned: Fischer Come on Down!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Great to see Fischer but they should have waived McGinn or Holland instead...thought Dauphin was good vs Minnesota.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Hey, you're a literal All-Star, welcome to playing on the fourth line for 7 minutes a game. Have fun!

- Love Tippet

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Sorry, no all star game for you.

Maybe they're trying to undo the John Scott thing? One made the All-star team and got sent down, so now another makes an All-star team and gets called up?

Great to see Fischer but they should have waived McGinn or Holland instead...thought Dauphin was good vs Minnesota.

Dauphin's waiver-exempt. They did scratch Holland.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Maybe they're trying to undo the John Scott thing? One made the All-star team and got sent down, so now another makes an All-star team and gets called up?

Dauphin's waiver-exempt. They did scratch Holland.

Does it matter? Nobody is gonna want Holland or McGinn...except maybe the Leafs...but honestly...they're both bad enough for me to be happy if the Leafs claim them...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Does this mean we can make Crouse a healthy scratch for a few weeks? So he can watch how Doan skates or how McGinn passes and learn how to be an nhler by watching the league's worst team?

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Does this mean we can make Crouse a healthy scratch for a few weeks? So he can watch how Doan skates or how McGinn passes and learn how to be an nhler by watching the league's worst team?

Hard to say, but the only thing that is for certain is of Crouse, Fischer, and Duclair, which have under-performed, over-performed, or just performed. I think you know the answer to who has done what, and as unfair as it may be to pencil Crouse in the lineup based on size alone, that happens sometimes.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
You're looking at it all wrong. The Coyotes aren't the only team on the ice, Crouse could be learning from the opponents!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Honestly, I don't think he's going to care. Making the NHL is a much bigger perq (and pays better) than playing in an All-Star Game.

Well, depending on how Tippett is gonna use him. If he plays 6mins on the 4th line and is scratched every other game he's probably gonna be pissed. That said, I was surprised that they gave Perlini a real chance. I was strongly against calling up Perlini but it worked out well. Let's see how this one goes...

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
This is perfect though in that I changed my avatar to a pre-season picture of Fischer in a proper Coyotes jersey a couple days ago.

Well, depending on how Tippett is gonna use him. If he plays 6mins on the 4th line and is scratched every other game he's probably gonna be pissed.

I don't think young players get pissed as such during their first call up even in that kind of situation.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I hope Kyle Wood gets in a game or 2 aswell. Good to see Yotes giving the kids a chance to show what they've got up in the NHL!!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Honestly, I don't think he's going to care. Making the NHL is a much bigger perq (and pays better) than playing in an All-Star Game.

You nailed it. Their life long dream is to play in the NHL. They could care less about a mickey mouse all star game.

Well, depending on how Tippett is gonna use him. If he plays 6mins on the 4th line and is scratched every other game he's probably gonna be pissed. That said, I was surprised that they gave Perlini a real chance. I was strongly against calling up Perlini but it worked out well. Let's see how this one goes...

If he only plays 6 minutes his first game he will be a happy camper. It shows that he is close. Nice to have our farm team so close. Love the way DT and company are handling the kids. Perfection I tell ya.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
If he only plays 6 minutes his first game he will be a happy camper. It shows that he is close. Nice to have our farm team so close. Love the way DT and company are handling the kids. Perfection I tell ya.

Care to elaborate how it is "perfection"

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Care to elaborate how it is "perfection"

All you have to do is look at the kids and the way they progressed. The only one that I'm disappointed about is Strome, and I blame it all on Strome not the management. Also disappointed in Duclair a bit, but he lost his confidence and I believe he will be back better than ever.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Why is Fischer allowed to play in the AHL at age 19?

I thought the rule was that you're only AHL eligible if you've never played major-junior in North America? Fischer played in the OHL.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Why is Fischer allowed to play in the AHL at age 19?

I thought the rule was that you're only AHL eligible if you've never played major-junior in North America? Fischer played in the OHL.

Drafted out of US Development program not the CHL. Keller can do same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad