OT: First snow of the year in Montreal

PricePkPatch*

Not where I am. It's -20 right now and snowing. Got some hot water in the face when I removed it from the pump and it froze on my helmet in like 40 seconds. Just go more north for winter.

My goodness, where do you live?!

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Well according to the scientific community once Antarctica will have melted by 20% all the fresh water will move up to the gulf stream and create a worldwide imbalance in world weather, Europe will start to freeze up since the Gulf stream is what is keeping it warm, the amazonian forests ( called the world's lungs ) will dry up and eventually become a desert while the rest of the world will experience extreme weather that will paralyze most of society.

Scientific community???

Come on dude... you saw the Day after Tomorrow.

Denis Quaid ain't scientific community! :sarcasm:

PricePkPatch*

Well that's disappointing, that ***** changed to freezing rain right away :laugh:

While no snow is definitely a good thing, freezing rain can hardly be called an improvement for driving conditions.

Be prudent you people. I shall watch ye from the daily 10 mm of rain we get in Newcastle

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
While no snow is definitely a good thing, freezing rain can hardly be called an improvement for driving conditions.

Be prudent you people. I shall watch ye from the daily 10 mm of rain we get in Newcastle

Oh, definitely. Be safe out there.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Well that was disappointing. I was expecting to wake up to some nice fluffy snow, not some rain and slush. :shakehead

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Well that was disappointing. I was expecting to wake up to some nice fluffy snow, not some rain and slush. :shakehead

When I went to bed I glanced out the window and it looked quite nice out there, almost Christmas-y. This morning it was like the worst of March with all the slush and rain and whatnot. Yecch.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
When I went to bed I glanced out the window and it looked quite nice out there, almost Christmas-y. This morning it was like the worst of March with all the slush and rain and whatnot. Yecch.

Yeah that's exactly what I did; took a quick glance at the nice snowfall before going to bed. Woke up to this crap. :laugh:

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Yeah that's exactly what I did; took a quick glance at the nice snowfall before going to bed. Woke up to this crap. :laugh:

I agree...slush like this is way worse than just rain or just snow. Hopefully it all melts and dries up before it freezes again tonight.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Anyone looking for a nice outdoor rink today? I can recommend a few sections of road 132.... :sarcasm:

/almost died, oh, about 3 times on that road this afternoon

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'm too old to deal with snow removal. However, the subtropical climate of Florida would be even more unpleasant. The presence of so many elderly people with mobility problems or dementia is depressing. For years I used to go there dutifully to visit my parents and tend to their needs as best I could. I shuddered at the thought of their crossing a boulevard and becoming roadkill.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
teufelsdreck comes back just to bump a thread from december. what world do we live in now?

and it was 41 in beijing yesterday. how's weather back in montreal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad