Series Talk: First Round: Pens (1) vs. Isles (4) - Series Tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario
I love reading all the "if X happens, series over, simple as that", and "If player does Y to Z, they will win" posts.

It's all hogwash; The Pens need to play well enough and have fortuitous enough breaks and bounces to score more goals in a game 4 times before the Islanders score more goals in a game 4 times, and they will win the series.

I think they will. Afternoon games, Malkin injuries, humidex be damned. Go Pens!

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018
I love reading all the "if X happens, series over, simple as that", and "If player does Y to Z, they will win" posts.

It's all hogwash; The Pens need to play well enough and have fortuitous enough breaks and bounces to score more goals in a game 4 times before the Islanders score more goals in a game 4 times, and they will win the series.

I think they will. Afternoon games, Malkin injuries, humidex be damned. Go Pens!

We just have to play our game and score more goals than the opposition. We win 98% of the games that we score more than the opponent so that definitely is an important factor.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I definitely have noticed the old crowd not posting here as much, and I don't think it's the pandemic. It's way more toxic here now. The board has always been bipolar but the tone is different now with young/immature/angry posters who have no depth of knowledge or experience. My solution was to put 15 or 20 people on ignore and take a break. I think moderators should be much more aggressive in removing people from threads and from the board in general; free speech should have much stricter limits in a small, voluntary community like this when a small percentage of posters are affecting the whole. It's ruining the experience for a lot of people.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I definitely have noticed the old crowd not posting here as much, and I don't think it's the pandemic. It's way more toxic here now. The board has always been bipolar but the tone is different now with young/immature/angry posters who have no depth of knowledge or experience. My solution was to put 15 or 20 people on ignore and take a break. I think moderators should be much more aggressive in removing people from threads and from the board in general; free speech should have much stricter limits in a small, voluntary community like this when a small percentage of posters are affecting the whole. It's ruining the experience for a lot of people.

Feel free to report problematic posts and we will assess it.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
f*** this, boys. This pessimism is insane. We're kicking no-neck's ass tomorrow. We will win in 6.

People are so scared sometimes of being disappointed that they're unable to feel optimistic. It's insane to me. No matter how we stand going into the playoffs, I always want to see us win it all, even if I disagree with the coach or don't like the roster.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007

I feel the exact opposite. I don't post much anymore because the second you make a post that goes against the hive (like saying todays whipping boy isn't the worst player of all time, that our system isn't working, etc) you have 10 people (including mods) jumping on you and threatening to ban you. If people can't handle different opinions then they should stay away from public message boards

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad