Series Talk: First Round: Pens (1) vs. Isles (4) - Series Tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
At the end of the day, you have to be able to shut down 4 capable lines. Its as good a team as Sid/Geno have ever had.
If you can keep this team to 2 goals or less, you pretty much deserve to win.

Last edited:
Reactions: molon labe

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Pittsburgh1776

Game intensity is different but 71's acceleration here is encouraging.

Pittsburgh1776, Yesterday at 2:06 PMReportBookmark #889

--------------------------------

Nothing about Geno's solo session / practice sends positive vibes at me.
How could anyone take that as a positive?

Someone said it's not 'game speed but ill take it'. Like @KIRK said, problem wasn't accelleration.

Actual games are where geno will be at most risk of re-injury, hell... and practice, but the game time is the big worry because of the chaos of actual game rigors will ramp up. His knee/leg taking the slightest bit of awkward movement/contact/anything etc etc is where it'll affect him most.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
TODAY...... the day.... is finally heeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrreeeeeee!!!

THE NHL PLAYOFFS START!!!!!

iu

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
@Pittsburgh1776

Game intensity is different but 71's acceleration here is encouraging.

Pittsburgh1776, Yesterday at 2:06 PMReportBookmark #889

--------------------------------

Nothing about Geno's solo session / practice sends positive vibes at me.
How could anyone take that as a positive?

Someone said it's not 'game speed but ill take it'. Like @KIRK said, problem wasn't accelleration.

Actual games are where geno will be at most risk of re-injury, hell... and practice, but the game time is the big worry because of the chaos of actual game rigors will ramp up. His knee/leg taking the slightest bit of awkward movement/contact/anything etc etc is where it'll affect him most.

He joined the main practice right after and was on the second line for the whole practice. That's definitely a positive to me. I'm confused about the point you and @KIRK are making: what was described definitely is a problem of acceleration (stopping and starting). He looked good there and that can only be a positive.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
At the end of the day, you have to be able to shut down 4 capable lines. Its as good a team as Sid/Geno have ever had.
If you can keep this team to 2 goals or less, you pretty much deserve to win.

I really hate that word. They did their job and the effort was there... they earned it (to be where they are).
But they don't deserve to win anything because a personal bar was set qualifying as deserving.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
BOFA to me means Bank of America.
Ie. institution one wants nothing to do with,

What are you talking about.?

Seems I wasn't the only one having no idea what bofa is =P

He joined the main practice right after and was on the second line for the whole practice. That's definitely a positive to me. I'm confused about the point you and @KIRK are making: what was described definitely is a problem of acceleration (stopping and starting). He looked good there and that can only be a positive.

Well... how to put this...
His leg / knee whatever isn't in a good place. Practice is one thing... game time is totally different. Playoff game is even different from that. Didn't he sit out from the scrimmage on that day we are discussing? - which more resembles the chaos and probably situations where his knee will bother him.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Seems I wasn't the only one having no idea what bofa is =P

Well... how to put this...
His leg / knee whatever isn't in a good place. Practice is one thing... game time is totally different. Playoff game is even different from that. Didn't he sit out from the scrimmage on that day we are discussing? - which more resembles the chaos and probably situations where his knee will bother him.

No. That was a different day. He's not at death's door. Not 100% but yesterday is positive.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
No. That was a different day. He's not at death's door. Not 100% but yesterday is positive.
Oh... okay.

Well it's encouraging. Better news than the alternative that he isn't skating so well.
I'm just not taking it as anything until I see him in action game 1, noon time tomorrow.

He looked fine skating full tilt at practice before he came back for the final push... how did that end...

Of course he's not dying let's not be dramatic. Has a bum knee / leg that will limit him is all I'm saying. A week rest won't fix it, which been said enough times already... I'm done with the geno thing until game time.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This first game is huge imo...if the Isles take a lead and get in their comfort zone and win that game, the series is probably over for the Pens unless Jarry stands on his head...first game will show a lot

Reactions: BHD

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
This first game is huge imo...if the Isles take a lead and get in their comfort zone and win that game, the series is probably over for the Pens unless Jarry stands on his head...first game will show a lot

Hope the players don’t share this view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad