Speculation: First round opponent poll

Who do you want to face in the first round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I look at the two "pushes" and will add something that could tip the scales....

Isles-Caps
Defense: based on the Caps recent defensive adjustments stifling the Isles, then I give it to them.

Isles-Bruins:
Offense: while the Isles have a more balanced scoring approach, the perfection line has the 3 best players on the ice at any time so I give it to them.

Using that...the team I do NOT want to play in the first round is the Caps.

Not going to argue either one of those, but when the Islanders are playing their best hockey (case in point 8-4 drubbing) they have a better defense. The 8-4 drubbing vs the two 1 goal affairs is why I gave it a push.

The reason we've owned Boston this season is because we only have to shut down one line, much like what teams used to have to do against us. Hall makes it a bit trickier which again is why I gave it a push. I'm sure the pushes could be argued either way. I tried to remove my bias and take an outsider's approach (harder than it sounds). So you may be right, completely easy to flop to either side of the push.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Boston seems to be unlikely now but I guess Caps have the TB with the Pens so if the Caps go 2-0 even if Pens win their last one we get the Caps. The Caps seem a worse matchup due to Lavy and the fact they can be more physical but I still do not trust their G or defense in a playoff series. I trust the Pens on that front even less though. We've seen before in tightly played games how the Pens allow a ton of counter rushes and that is exactly what Trotz style teams love opponents to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad