First round - my thoughts + synopsis

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I am not sure what the bigger shock would be: RNH falling to two or Seimens falling to eleven. Either way Avs fans rejoice big time.

I hope you are right!!!
I don't see Siemens being picked in the top 10 and I do see Colorado getting him at 11. So I wouldn't be shocked about that happening.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I can say the following....

Unless Larsson is on the board at 5, the Islanders will take a forward or drop down in the draft.

Betters can take that to the bank.

Also, Brodin will be a first rounder. Not a team in the league is taking Musil before Brodin.

Pretty bold.

AvalancheRy

Feb 13, 2009
I don't see Siemens being picked in the top 10 and I do see Colorado getting him at 11. So I wouldn't be shocked about that happening.

That would be great. I was under the impression that he was a top ten pick. He is my second favorite defender in the draft (behind Larsson) and just what the Avs need. It would make taking RNH well worth it.

dream catcher

Apr 12, 2010
I wouldn't complain if the Devils picked Couturier. Seems like the safe pick, as well as a need fit, and a potential #1 center.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
<<<
Also, Brodin will be a first rounder. Not a team in the league is taking Musil before Brodin.
>>>

Pretty bold.

They might have before the U-18 WC, but for anyone who saw this tournament (and the stands were packed with NHL scouts), it was clear as day that Brodin is whole other caliber of player.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
They might have before the U-18 WC, but for anyone who saw this tournament (and the stands were packed with NHL scouts), it was clear as day that Brodin is whole other caliber of player.

Well maybe so, but it's not necessarily about who is better right now. It's about who might be better down the line for a particular franchise.

Musil could very well turn out to be a rock of a top 3-4 defender who can play a PK and some time on a PP. He might not be dynamic or flashy, but it's a huge stretch to say that all 30 NHL clubs have Brodin ahead of him.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Well maybe so, but it's not necessarily about who is better right now. It's about who might be better down the line for a particular franchise.

Musil could very well turn out to be a rock of a top 3-4 defender who can play a PK and some time on a PP. He might not be dynamic or flashy, but it's a huge stretch to say that all 30 NHL clubs have Brodin ahead of him.

Ok, I'll narrow down my statement.

I figure there's a good 80% chance that we'll see Brodin go before Musil in the draft. I'll leave it at that since you're right... I can't know if Brodin is truly favored by every single team and this draft should include a few surprises, especially between picks 8-30.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
I'd rather see the Flames take McNeil or Bartschi (spelling?) if the draft plays out that way, but in the area they're picking all those guys are pretty close. As long as they don't take another defenceman I'll be happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad