First round - my thoughts + synopsis

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Good mock. This is the 2nd time I've seen the Hawks end up with Bartschi in a mock, so maybe there actually is a solid chance of snagging him.

+1 for a Kruger mention, btw.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
No No No.. RNH all the way !

Other than that pretty solid. I don't mind Phillips but would rather Brodin.

EDIT - I see he would be at 31 anyways.. Jeez if we ended up with RNH, Phillips and Brodin I would be one happy camper.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Very good mock draft. Even if I disagree with you at some points you at least put together a reasonably comprehensive rational which shows you put some thought into the process and allows other people to understand your thinking.

My read is that the Habs organization views size as an overrated attribute for forwards (they like big defensemen just fine though) and is unlikely to draft according to that percieved need. Generally, the Habs view skating ability and atheletic potential as stronger indicators of NHL potential then height and strength. I'd say with your current draft they are more likely to take Philips or Khokhlachev then Jensen.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
My thoughts on this draft is that it is fairly deep no matter what most people say about it. In the later drafts, there still should be some very good talent where the Blackhawks can find their size up front. Guys like Lessio, Ambroz, Jenner, and Lowry are solid picks in the 2nd round that the Blackhawks could pick up.

I agree - going to be some very good prospects available in the 2nd and well beyond.

I think Jenner will be long gone by the time the 2nd rnd starts in though.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Good job and the Devils will be happy to select Couturier. However, still hoping that it goes RNH, Landeskog, Couturier and Larsson drops to the Devils. Unlikely, but possible. Altough, I'm in agreement, I believe the Oliers take Larsson.

deanmoriarty

Sep 2, 2008
great GOLD north
I'm assuming that RNH goes first as well, but I think Larsson is the better pick. I feel a Larsson/Phillips combo is more dangerous than an RNH and any defenseman at the 19th spot. I've been a fan of Larsson's all season (RNH's as well), but I always think defense is more important than offense.

I also haven't seen Oil Change since about the middle of the season so I haven't realized how big of a following RNH has gotten from the scouting staff, but it doesn't shock me to say the least. Both RNH and Larsson will be fantastic players.

The Oilers' head scout has projected Larsson to be a solid #2 d-man, the same scout has compared RNH to Sakic and said he could be a very good 1st line center. I dunno, I think the writing is on the wall myself.

Wedregast

Mar 26, 2009
First off, very nice job on your mockup. It looks like you put a lot of research and work into it. Very well done. :handclap:

As much as I liked your mockup, as an Islander fan I hope they are targeting Huberdeau or Hamilton, and not as your mockup predicts Murphy. But I guess we'll see soon.

Analyzer*

Jensen would be a solid pick for the habs. He's becoming another person on my list.

Soon enough my list will be big enough that I shouldn't be disappointed.

CoolburnIsGone

I have no issue with the pick for FL but the writeup is slightly off. The following isnt fully correct:
A center like Couturier or Huberdeau would’ve done just fine here but Weiss and Dadonov look pretty good as their number 1 and number 2 centers.
Dadonov isnt a center, never really has been either. I'm guessing maybe you might have meant Santorelli as he was the #2 center for the Panthers this yr. And I wouldnt say those 2 top centers look "pretty good". They're decent but on most playoff teams, Weiss is more of a 2a/1b type of center and Santorelli, while decent, is more of a tweener 2nd/3rd line center (not good enough defensively to be a 3rd line but good enough offensively to be a 2nd liner).

But as I said, I like the pick for FL. Landeskog is exactly the type of player that Tallon wants on his team. I could see a line of Howden-Bjugstad-Landeskog in a few yrs being a pretty solid scoring line too. I'm sure Landeskog will be a fan fav pretty quickly in the NHL from what I can tell of his personality and style of play.

BIG BLUE

Apr 4, 2009
Toronto
it's pretty good...

I'd have JT Miller and Klefbom in the teens and Jenner late in the round myself though.

I'd be happy with Rattie at 25.

I also posted somewhere that if Scheifele was gone, I could see NYR taking Puempel there.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I can say the following....

Unless Larsson is on the board at 5, the Islanders will take a forward or drop down in the draft.

Betters can take that to the bank.

Also, Brodin will be a first rounder. Not a team in the league is taking Musil before Brodin.

AvalancheRy

Feb 13, 2009
I am not sure what the bigger shock would be: RNH falling to two or Seimens falling to eleven. Either way Avs fans rejoice big time.

I hope you are right!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->