First Round Matchups set for playoffs

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
With two days left to go, the first-round playoff matches are all set in stone (despite the sim's failure to put an "x" by Tampa on the standings sheet).

Remember that the first three positions go to the Division champs; for example, Washington is 3rd in the East despite Philly having more points.

East
1 BOS vs. 8 TAM
2 NJD vs. 7 BUF
3 WAS vs. NYI
4 PHI vs. 5 OTT

West
1 CBJ vs. 8 CHI
2 SJS vs. 7 ANA
3 EDM vs. 6 STL
4 DET vs. 5 MIN

So these last two game-days (both are being simmed tomorrow) will represent tune-ups for some teams, and perhaps a chance to rest some starters before the post-season dance begins.

Congratulations to Rob for winning the HFNHL 2006 President's Trophy!

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Playoffs

Great work with your team Rob.

I get a tough draw with the defending Stanley Cup champs but that's why I traded for Belfour. Sens killer. :) Never would have thought my team would have did so well this year. For heaven's sake my team has more points then the Blues and its the highest seed I've had in a few years.

In addition, hoping Big Bert can squeeze out a point tomorrow night to win the scoring title.

Go Sens Go. NHL Sens that is.

HFNHL Red Wings

Tampa GM said:
I made it! Boston vs Tampa in the playoffs, maybe we should call that Do you believe in miracles series?

Actually I'm not sure this is set yet. If you lose tonight depending on what the Sim uses as a tie breaker the Canadiens may be in.
You will note that it hasn't given you the 'X' yet. If it uses head to head matchups or GF as the tie breaker the Canadiens are in but if it's wins you are in but if that were true there should already be an 'X' next to your team.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Blues-Oilers II: the rematch.

Last year, the Blues just got by the upstart Oilers in what would have been a major upset (Blues were the top seed to the Oilers 8th).

This year, the Oilers are the top seed, although most prognosticators will likely call it more of a coin flip in terms of the favorite.

Underachievers like the Blues always get more respect than they deserve, despite the fact their on-paper potential is completely unrealized.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad