Series Discussion: First Round matchup Jets vs Wild

Who will win this series?

• Total voters

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
Minnesota and Colorado have some very serious injuries that will hurt them significantly in the playoffs. Minute muncher and top rated defenseman Suter, #1 G Varlamov and D Johnson.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Jets can win the West but for a 1st round match up Minnesota is a really tough one.
Jets lack the experience and Minny finally has a C playing like a star this season.

Reactions: Roughneck1

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets can win the West but for a 1st round match up Minnesota is a really tough one.
Jets lack the experience and Minny finally has a C playing like a star this season.

I agree and although the Suter thing will hurt as we have seen here in Winnipeg hockey is a quirky sport and teams pull together and rally when stars go down. I think it will be a very tough series for us.

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
We can beat the Wild in seven games. I think we out-talent them, even though Dubnyk can be a brick wall sometimes.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I agree and although the Suter thing will hurt as we have seen here in Winnipeg hockey is a quirky sport and teams pull together and rally when stars go down. I think it will be a very tough series for us.
While i agree with you , i can't imagine going into the playoffs without Morrissey or Buff , that would be really , really bad .

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Minnesota has depth& talent, even with Suters injury.

The reason they haven't been able to gone far in the playoffs has been not having a game changer F, well they've had that this season and they are a well coached team.
When it comes to 1st round mathes this is a really tough one. That's why the #1 spot would have been so nice.

Reactions: ps241

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
They will likely be without both Suter and Spurgeon. That's their top pair when healthy

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Ya I don't feel much better about our chances sans Suter . Still gonna be a tossup, in my opinion. It'll be a matter of Helle vs Dubey

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I would be confident regardless. The Jets will now be more heavily favoured. Suter is a very important part of the Wild.

Of course it could still end up St Louis or Colorado

J999

Oct 5, 2017
With home ice locked up for the playoffs now, time to start thinking about resting players. Wheeler, Little, Morrissey, and Myers could all use a game or 2 of rest. Anyone else who is slightly banged up could be rested a game as well.

Last edited:

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
:sc09:

Our Jets will beat whoever they need to beat...

Our Jets have concisely done this all season long...

Our Jets winning attitude will be amplified X 1000 come the playoffs...

Our Jets will even surprise themselves on how truly hardened and steadfast playoff battle-ready they truly are...

A furious storm is about to begin and its going to be greater than anyone one of us can ever imagine ...

Go :jets Go

We Are Winnipeg

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Blues are 4 points back of wild with 4 games left and they hold the tiebreaker. Which is a better matchup for the Jets? No Suter Wild or Thorburn led Blues?

Roughneck1

Aug 9, 2014
They will likely be without both Suter and Spurgeon. That's their top pair when healthy
Didn’t know Sturgeon was going to be out. That’s going to hurt them for sure. They have a decent D even without Suter though I like our chances better if Sturgeon is out also. Still think it’s going to be hard fought series. They’re a deep veteran team. Especially at forward.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Didn’t know Sturgeon was going to be out. That’s going to hurt them for sure. They have a decent D even without Suter though I like our chances better if Sturgeon is out also. Still think it’s going to be hard fought series. They’re a deep veteran team. Especially at forward.

Spurgeon hs a torn hamstring

Reactions: Osama bin Laine

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011

Have any of you guys read that article? The writer suggests that it might be better for them if they faced the Preds.

I went and checked their boards (which are a total ghost town after reading the article, and the pessismism levels are off the charts. The fee that actually post there seem very concerned about facing the Jets, and at least one about making the playoffs at all.

The most notable quotable that I came across was one fan first saying that we'd swallow them whole (I'm 99% sure they meant it in a non-sexual way-at least, I hope) without bothering to chew. The soundbite. as I recall, was "you can never get unpooped."

The 4 of them who post probably know their team, and if they're characterizing it as an exercise in futility, then maybe we're overestimating our opponent.

I'm much less worried about the Wild now that I've seen how worried they are about us.

Last edited:

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
:sc09:

Our Jets will beat whoever they need to beat...

Our Jets have concisely done this all season long...

Our Jets winning attitude will be amplified X 1000 come the playoffs...

Our Jets will even surprise themselves on how truly hardened and steadfast playoff battle-ready they truly are...

A furious storm is about to begin and its going to be greater than anyone one of us can ever imagine ...

Go :jets Go

We Are Winnipeg

What does give me a lot of confidence is that this team never got into a long losing rut throughout the season. In a 7 game series, I don’t see us losing against a team that we should beat.

Nashville would be a great series. Other teams in the Western Conference, I don’t really worry too much about.

Looking forward to the playoffs!

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Playoffs are hard, no gimmes. Wild's best chance is Dubby stealing games, which he's capable of doing. Aside from that though, the Jets are a far better chance to win. More skill, more depth, just the better team. Doesn't guarantee a win but it sure puts the odds in your favour.

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Couldn't be any better for us. I would be shocked if there is a game 6. We lose this series and that's a firable offence and a wasted year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->