Speculation: First Penguin Traded

Who is the first Penguin traded? When?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Bjugstad and Chuk seem like players who excel on bad teams due to lack of expectations.

Both bring nothing and should be gone by February.

Reactions: Trade

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I feel like "Galchenyuk in January" is going to run away with this poll

To me, Galchenyuk and Riikola are the only 2 guys that I'd feel confident in saying they may be moved. Honestly, I'm surprised Riikola hasn't been moved yet tbh.

aaaaaannddd:

Screenshot-from-2019-12-11-14-02-15.png

AG in January certainly seems the strongest bet which is unlikely to change when he can't even put a great game together against a former team.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
When Galchenyuk gets gone, who do we go back to hating on primarily so I can get ready to join the fun

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019
When Galchenyuk gets gone, who do we go back to hating on primarily so I can get ready to join the fun
Schultz seems to be maneuvering into position for that honor -- overpaid, not producing, defensive liability. Yeah, I'd say Schultz.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida

I mean - he doesn't need a lot of hate.... he got us out from under Kessel's big contract and is gone at the end of the year regardless.

If you do want someone to hate on - any one of Zach Aston-Reese in the top-6, Dominik Simon in the top-6, Nick Bjugstad earning 4M to do nothing, or Jack Johnson earning 3M as a bottom-pairing guy would have some justification to it.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I mean - he doesn't need a lot of hate.... he got us out from under Kessel's big contract and is gone at the end of the year regardless.

If you do want someone to hate on - any one of Zach Aston-Reese in the top-6, Dominik Simon in the top-6, Nick Bjugstad earning 4M to do nothing, or Jack Johnson earning 3M as a bottom-pairing guy would have some justification to it.

Sadly JJ is down the list for scape goat he's actually meeting (low) expectations currently.

Schultz and Petts need to be better

Please trade: Chucky, Bjugs, Simon

Please leave: ZAR

Reactions: EightyOne

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don't really care who the first to go is as long as the entirety of Schultz, Galchenyuk, Bjugstad and JJ are gone by October--with Schultz being traded at the deadline or right before it.

ZAR's annoying, Simon's annoying, but they're 4th liners. Let's fix the way more important roles/positions like 2nd line LW, and 2nd pairing blueliner before we worry about the other guys, particularly the 4th liners.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I don't really care who the first to go is as long as the entirety of Schultz, Galchenyuk, Bjugstad and JJ are gone by October--with Schultz being traded at the deadline or right before it.

ZAR's annoying, Simon's annoying, but they're 4th liners. Let's fix the way more important roles/positions like 2nd line LW, and 2nd pairing blueliner before we worry about the other guys, particularly the 4th liners.

IF Simon and ZAR were treated as 4th liners I'd agree but clearly they hold more weight than that. Simon is viewed as a top 6 option with Crosby. ZAR is overplayed as well though when fully healthy should stick on the 4th I'll admit. But if we struggle come playoff time...guess who gets a look first? I'm sure ZAR the power forward gets a run with Malkin if it's not clicking.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

What is the imminent problem with Schultz? He's been poor since coming back from injury, but before that he was playing fine with Petts...producing, good underlying numbers, pretty much the whole 9.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What is the imminent problem with Schultz? He's been poor since coming back from injury, but before that he was playing fine with Petts...producing, good underlying numbers, pretty much the whole 9.

Schultz isn't producing, seeing how he's only on pace for 27 points this year, plus he's still bad defensively. He 100% needs to go. Whether it's by free agency or by trade, he shouldn't be on the team next year.

Reactions: Louis Hensler

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Schultz isn't producing, seeing how he's only on pace for 27 points this year, plus he's still bad defensively. He 100% needs to go. Whether it's by free agency or by trade, he shouldn't be on the team next year.

BFD said he ought to go by the deadline.

I can understand not re-signing him, but not shoving him out the door. He and Pettersson played well together.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Bjugstad won't go until he's healthy again and has skated a few games for scouts to see that he's OK. Riikola there is no reason to move. He hasn't been great but he's defensive depth, and our D haven't exactly been durable this season.

Chucky is out of here. Get an asset, get cap space, or go get someone better to take his place. We could use a top 6 LW when Sid gets back. There isn't enough Jake to go around. Maybe that guy is Kahun, but then we need a Kahun replacement unit.

Reactions: Louis Hensler

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019
Bjugstad won't go until he's healthy again and has skated a few games for scouts to see that he's OK. Riikola there is no reason to move. He hasn't been great but he's defensive depth, and our D haven't exactly been durable this season.

Chucky is out of here. Get an asset, get cap space, or go get someone better to take his place. We could use a top 6 LW when Sid gets back. There isn't enough Jake to go around. Maybe that guy is Kahun, but then we need a Kahun replacement unit.
Generally agree. I think the Pens have plenty of top six wings, but too many of them shoot from the left. Personally, I think Lafferty should be given a serious shot at the top six. It's an embarrassment of riches when it comes to adequate bottom six forwards. But, again, we're thin on the right side. I say trade Chucky for the most serviceable player or asset you can get. The team has no glaring needs. If I were to pick one spot of need, I would say RW. Horny still is good, but on the decline. Rust is good. Lafferty is unproven. I would give Bjug a shot at RW if he's not needed at C, but he's unproven, too. Noesen is an ok depth guy, but he's a journeyman. Given how well his most recent deals have worked out, I'm confident that hall of fame GMJR will handle it well.

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019
What's the precise sample of good play you're looking at?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad