First overall in 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Thanks for posting, it's a good read. Isn't that ocean weisblatt's draft year, and some kid from denmark but cant remember his name?

Analyzer*

How big is he ? Chances are he just developed more quickly and will tail off.

member 30781

jagerbombs.gif

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Thanks for posting, it's a good read. Isn't that ocean weisblatt's draft year, and some kid from denmark but cant remember his name?

I guess you mean Mattias Emilio Pettersen, who is actually Norwegian though? It was mentioned in a thread here that he is 2018 eligible, though his thread only said MEP:1st rounder in 2018 and no first overall, so I guess this kid is better than him.....:sarcasm:;)

Last edited:

MPStoEberletoHall*

This is probably one of the dumbest threads ever started on HF

0123456789*

Unless the person has played some juniors or for the international teams like U17 and U16 and shown something special there is absolutely ZERO point to discuss them. At 11 the kid would not even have hit ****ing puberty, do you know what happens at puberty? The body goes through some rapid and huge physical and mental changes, he will change so much and his peers will change so much that all he has right now is a small head start. In the grand scheme of things it means NOTHING at this point.
At 13 or 14 you can in rare circumstances begin to spot future POTENTIAL talents but thats pushing the limits already and these kids will be playing against much older competition and start to get on the bantam draft radar(but thats rare). Usually its 15-16 most players begin to really separate themselves from their peers as they come out of their most important growth years and begin to mature.

Based on what he has said he also sounds pretty cocky, even for a young kid like him thats a pretty bad sign considering what I mentioned above.

EDIT: I went a bit overboard with my post, it was a nice read and this is a prospects board. All I mean is that the kid is too young to take anything from his accomplishments right now and try to predict his future later on. At this point he has lets say finished 5% of what he needs to do to be a NHL player, his competition has maybe done 2.5%. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things and the gap gets filled very quickly as him and his peers come out of puberty and end up having a more level playing field in terms of development. In another 3 years he could be at 10% and some of his peers might be at 20% by then with slightly faster development. People at his age should try to look at what he is doing but without trying to place unrealistic expectations.

Most people know that a kid before puberty and after is not even the same person mentaly, its then when a kid develops work habits and goes through huge mental maturation and changes. On top of that physical changes and the interatcion of his bran body and so on. You cant predict the final athletic product at that age, its not much different then looking at toddlers and trying to predict which one will be CEO later in life and which one a bum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
What's the deal with people signing up for a website called Hockey's Future, and then crying about threads like this?

Go start a site called Hockey's Present, and complain there.

nafrelio

Aug 26, 2005
brite feuchure
I like the sounds of this kid. Who does he project into being? I'm thinking a Tavares-type sniper. Maybe this is the kid who'll break Gretz' 50 in 39. I called it here first!

I liked his interview - future captain material for sure.

Seriously though, this kid should get bumped up a tier or two. Good for him.

IkeaMonkey*

I just talked to a scout about this kid and they told me they are worried that he has peaked.

PokeCheck101

Feb 1, 2011
I just talked to a scout about this kid and they told me they are worried that he has peaked.

This is already more publicity than the topic needs. Sarcastic or not, you have it right.... This kid will likely peak early. I'm guessing he's heavily involved in club level hockey + AP'ing up a division.... Attends all AP'ed practices, games.... Probably plays spring hockey... only takes the skates off to sleep... So he has a leg up because of it. Perhaps passion or perhaps the passion of his parents...

And I agree, although hard to read into context his comments, but he sounds kinda cocky.

It all catches up... Kids that score that much (and I agree, obviously not taught to pass the puck) are a dime a dozen. When the body mass of his oppenents increases and the physicality increases most superstars at 11 become very average. That's my experience. Not knocking the kid though after all he's only 11. If he's having fun, great.

PokeCheck101

Feb 1, 2011
Google his name and you'll get a couple you tube videos. Good size.... Looks like a good shot too.

Horrible media interview....

As you'll see from the clip though, straight line skater and no thought of looking for support. Typical for kids that are a leg up at that age. Hopefully he runs in to some good coaching the next couple years. Once he gets tapped up a few times by some D men with an edge he'll change his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad