First overall in 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
It could be this kid.

Jaeger White.

http://www.medicinehatnews.com/local-sports/sniper-setting-records-01262011.html

Medicine Hat's Jaeger White has scored plenty of goals this way in a record season in peewee AA with the Sports Connection Venom. He currently has 109 goals and 20 assists in 25 league games, eclipsing the South Central Alberta Hockey League mark of 97 goals set a few years ago by current Portland Winterhawks forward Ty Rattie.

"Some teams, they do the line matching and the shadowing, but it doesn't really matter. All teams have some guys that can keep up with me," says White, who had 10 goals and three assists in a 13-3 league win last Friday. "I just go out there and try and do my best."

NJD1982

Mar 31, 2007
Is this thread necessary? The kids who will be in the 2017 draft are only 11 right now....

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I'm not the creeper yo, it was a story published in a newspaper.

AUAIOMRN

Aug 22, 2005
Edmonton
Saying he will go first overall at this point is ridiculous. Sure he's a lock for the first round but I bet he doesn't even crack the top 5.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
:laugh:

You lost a whole lot of weight then since youtube and present day ;).

Me blogging...

really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg

0123456789*

Unless the person has played some juniors or for the international teams like U17 and U16 and shown something special there is absolutely ZERO point to discuss them. At 11 the kid would not even have hit ****ing puberty, do you know what happens at puberty? The body goes through some rapid and huge physical and mental changes, he will change so much and his peers will change so much that all he has right now is a small head start. In the grand scheme of things it means NOTHING at this point.
At 13 or 14 you can in rare circumstances begin to spot future POTENTIAL talents but thats pushing the limits already and these kids will be playing against much older competition and start to get on the bantam draft radar(but thats rare). Usually its 15-16 most players begin to really separate themselves from their peers as they come out of their most important growth years and begin to mature.

Based on what he has said he also sounds pretty cocky, even for a young kid like him thats a pretty bad sign considering what I mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
These kids put up impressive numbers when they're young, but they are usually brought back to earth pretty quick once the level of competition catches up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->