First "outside market" game experience...

misch13vousmike

Aug 26, 2011
Hollywood, CA
Sorry for your bad experience, with regards to the Wagon Wheel, most of the bars in downtown San Jose have a no sports gear policy, they will usually permit Sharks gear on game days and that's it.

I think it really stems from certain gang populations wearing either 49ers red or Raiders black, but they have extended it to all sports gear. I have been sent away for wearing a Sharks hat on non game days.

ok, i understand the strict policy. BUT, we were there before the game with our jerseys, and so were about 30 other kings fans. Everything was fine and dandy then. Why the change after the game? I understand what the one individual wrote above, about it being a favor towards us and them, in avoiding any potential conflict, but just like bad NHL refereeing, ahem ahem, be consistent. Its terrible for business. What if i was a san jose resident but a kings fan? how bad does that look on his part? Now just like most clubs in LA or Hollywood, bouncers or doormen seem to have the green light to use "face control" methods, or maybe have been specifically instructed by ownership to not allow certain individuals from entering. But like i said consistency is lacking.

KingKopitar11*

They don't need it posted. As long as it is not considered discriminatory they can remove you or not allow you in.

Actually doesn't matter what the reason is. They can do what they want in regards to their customers. It's bad for business but it isn't illegal.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Actually doesn't matter what the reason is. They can do what they want in regards to their customers. It's bad for business but it isn't illegal.

It does depend on what it is. If you are a member of a protected class and they remove you with things said about that it is illegal. But for the most part you are right they can just remove you.

LionSpeak

threadkiller
Feb 4, 2011
San Jose
Hey guys, i don't normally post that much but lurk quite a bit. Been a fan since I was 7, I am now 33, and never did I think the day would come would I say I LOVE OUR FANS IN LA, more so than ever.

My first experience was awesome win or lose, it's great to see the passion in fans. Ya it sucked we lost in OT, but as a fan of the NHL and mostly the game, I had an awesome time. Met with a lot of kings fan who went up north. Being bombarded with "boo's" and some small talk trash talk, (nothing serious.......yet) I soon came to realize by the end of my second cigarette session outside, that I have officially seen the worst and most CLASSLESS fans I've ever come across. I, like many of you have spoken to many fans across the NHL map, and nothing ever left me with this impression. While I do understand fans can be passionate of the colors they wear, I never knew it would be this bad. From being cussed at to being told raffi Torres made love to our mothers LOL....(use your imagination, it wasnt said in those exact words).

We went to the "old wagon wheel saloon" before the game to have a few beers before making our way to the shark tank, and after the game went back to get some food and some more drinks. But we never made it in. We were denied entrance to the place because of the jerseys we wore. Ya you read correctly, me and my two buddies and another two kings fans who joined us, were all told "if you don't take off your jersey you're not getting in." It we embarrassing and even worse because we were being mocked by sharks faithful standing around us for not being let in. The place next door saw what happened and actually invited us in, which was really cool of the guy at the door. So in conclusion, (I really hope a sharks fan on these boards gets a hold of this) I hated this team, but not the fans, and I although there may be some decent fans out there and we did meet a few last night, in general sharks fans on my **** list. :)

Sorry for my rant, but I was curious if any of you have had anything like this happen to you. Would love to read some responses.

As a sober, non-Giants, Sharks fan in the smoking section, let me include some things that were left out.

1) The guy talking the most **** in the smoking section couldn't even see straight. I tried talking to him and knew it from jump. By the 3rd intermission, even Sharks fans knew this guy was probably going to get his ass kicked (and deserved it).

2) The chirping went both ways. Whether it was the flaunting of your Stanley Cup (which happened, over and over and over), or the new "No way Jose!' chant. Nevermind some of the other stuff that was said about San Jose's location, questioning whether it's people were so stupid to include itself in the Bay Area while not touching any water or San Jose's status as a city in comparison to San Francisco's. There was more, I can't recall it all.

3) Why the hell didn't you go to Brittannia Arms? Kings fans had the front patio locked down before the game.

Lastly, about this so-called "Inferiority Complex": 80% of those Sharks fans are Giants fans. They don't hate L.A. because of any vague psychological notion that puts forth sweeping bold claims about a city numbered by many different individuals, they simply hate L.A. because they've been taught to do as Giants fans. Why else would that same drunken ******* not stop talking **** about the Dodgers? It was plain as ******* day.

By the way, none of this wall text is meant to excuse that dude who was blacked out acting like an ass. But alcohol, baseball rivalries, Stanley cup counts, and NHL playoffs will bring out the worst in anyone.

I can't really speak in regards to you being refused service. I've never been to the Old Wagon Wheel Saloon, but that's truly unfortunate.

misch13vousmike

Aug 26, 2011
Hollywood, CA
As a sober, non-Giants, Sharks fan in the smoking section, let me include some things that were left out.

1) The guy talking the most **** in the smoking section couldn't even see straight. I tried talking to him and knew it from jump. By the 3rd intermission, even Sharks fans knew this guy was probably going to get his ass kicked (and deserved it).

2) The chirping went both ways. Whether it was the flaunting of your Stanley Cup (which happened, over and over and over), or the new "No way Jose!' chant. Nevermind some of the other stuff that was said about San Jose's location, questioning whether it's people were so stupid to include itself in the Bay Area while not touching any water or San Jose's status as a city in comparison to San Francisco's. There was more, I can't recall it all.

3) Why the hell didn't you go to Brittannia Arms? Kings fans had the front patio locked down before the game.

Lastly, about this so-called "Inferiority Complex": 80% of those Sharks fans are Giants fans. They don't hate L.A. because of any vague psychological notion that puts forth sweeping bold claims about a city numbered by many different individuals, they simply hate L.A. because they've been taught to do as Giants fans. Why else would that same drunken ******* not stop talking **** about the Dodgers? It was plain as ******* day.

By the way, none of this wall text is meant to excuse that dude who was blacked out acting like an ass. But alcohol, baseball rivalries, Stanley cup counts, and NHL playoffs will bring out the worst in anyone.

I can't really speak in regards to you being refused service. I've never been to the Old Wagon Wheel Saloon, but that's truly unfortunate.

ya, the "no way jose" chant started up with some of our guys, lol, (hey we gotta come up with something to rival your "beat LA" and oh the "**** LA" which was stupid, sorry, but it was) I personally dont remember a blacked out Sharks fan. But it wasnt all that bad, nothing we couldnt handle. Just a few punks that took it to an extreme, but overall, its was supposed to be expected. no doubt. I figured, we'd go to the saloon, cuz we were there earlier, and made a bad decision, haha. It's all good. Like i said, it wont deter me from going again, now that i know my way around. First time for everything, right?! You sir, seem like one of the "normal" fans we encountered throughout the evening. I appreciate your explanation.:handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00