First ones to go

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
With two weeks to go before the season starts, the Preds have some decisions to make on who stays: Bold are current/last years roster players

Forwards: Aberg, Arvidsson, Bass, Bourque, Devane, Fiala, Fisher, Forsberg, Gaudreau, Gaustad, Girard, Gortz, Hodgson?, Jarnkrok, Kamenev, Moses?, Neal, Nystrom, Pendenza, Reinhart, Ribeiro, Rissling, Robinson, Salomaki, Sissons, Smith, Trenin, Watson, Wilson.

Defense: (Is set) Allen, Alm, Aronson, Bartley, Bitetto, Diaby, Ekholm, Ellis, Jackman, Jones, Josi, Murphy, Nakyva, Noonan, Oligny, Vainonen, Weber.

Goalies: We can pretty much say it is Rinne and Hutton. Followed by Mazanec and then Saros.

So with a 23 man roster, we have 2 Goalies and 7 Defensemen, that leaves 14 Forwards. Bourque, Fisher, Forsberg, Gaustad, Neal, Nystrom, Ribeiro, Smith, Wilson are for sure. Hodgson, Jarnkrok, Moses are pretty sure. With 2 spots left who gets them? Arvidson, Fiala, Salomaki, Sissons, Watson.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
With two weeks to go before the season starts, the Preds have some decisions to make on who stays: Bold are current/last years roster players

Forwards: Aberg, Arvidsson, Bass, Bourque, Devane, Fiala, Fisher, Forsberg, Gaudreau, Gaustad, Girard, Gortz, Hodgson?, Jarnkrok, Kamenev, Moses?, Neal, Nystrom, Pendenza, Reinhart, Ribeiro, Rissling, Robinson, Salomaki, Sissons, Smith, Trenin, Watson, Wilson.

Defense: (Is set) Allen, Alm, Aronson, Bartley, Bitetto, Diaby, Ekholm, Ellis, Jackman, Jones, Josi, Murphy, Nakyva, Noonan, Oligny, Vainonen, Weber.

Goalies: We can pretty much say it is Rinne and Hutton. Followed by Mazanec and then Saros.

So with a 23 man roster, we have 2 Goalies and 7 Defensemen, that leaves 14 Forwards. Bourque, Fisher, Forsberg, Gaustad, Neal, Nystrom, Ribeiro, Smith, Wilson are for sure. Hodgson, Jarnkrok, Moses are pretty sure. With 2 spots left who gets them? Arvidson, Fiala, Salomaki, Sissons, Watson.
My guess is Arvidsson and Fiala, if we keep 23.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Neal - Ribeiro - Forsberg
Wilson - Fisher - Smith
Arvidsson - Hodgson - Moses
Bourque - Gaustad - Nystrom
(Jarnkrok)

Josi - Weber
Ekholm - Ellis
Jackman - Jones
(Bartley)

Rinne
Hutton

(Fiala to MIL rather than ride pine)

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Neal - Ribeiro - Forsberg
Wilson - Fisher - Smith
Arvidsson - Hodgson - Moses
(Jarnkrok)

Josi - Weber
Ekholm - Ellis
Jackman - Jones
(Bartley)

Rinne
Hutton

(Fiala to MIL rather than ride pine)
Moses hasn't done anything so far to earn a spot over Fiala.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
i don't know if this is the right thread for this but I was just checking out Bleacher report as they put out a new article titled "Hypothetical Trades Based on Latest NHL Rumors"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2571257-hypothetical-trades-based-on-the-latest-nhl-rumors

We are talked about on page 7 of 8.

"Eric Staal to the Nashville Predators"
the hypothetical trade was as follows:

NSH: Eric Staal
CAR: Colin Wilson + Colton Sissons + 2016 2nd

I don't know how I feel about that...

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
i don't know if this is the right thread for this but I was just checking out Bleacher report as they put out a new article titled "Hypothetical Trades Based on Latest NHL Rumors"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2571257-hypothetical-trades-based-on-the-latest-nhl-rumors

Not for a rental in Staal. Maybe a signed Staal, but not a roster player for a rental.

FFWRX

Unregistered User
Feb 12, 2007
Greenbrier, TN

If he did come with an extension or we talked to him to find out if he would sign here. Can Ribeiro play wing?

Neal - Staal - Forsberg
Ribeiro - Fisher - Smith
Arvidsson - Hodgson - Jarnkrok
(Moses)

Or we have center depth

Neal - Staal - Forsberg
Fiala/Arvidsson - Ribeiro - Smith
Arvidsson/Fiala - Fisher - Jarnkrok/Hodgson
Bourque - Gaustad - Hodgson/Jarnkrok
(Moses)(Nystrom)

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Moses hasn't done anything so far to earn a spot over Fiala.
I don't disagree.
It's the 1-year tryout contract that makes me believe they'll at least give him a shot starting off. Same with Hodgson.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
http://www.todaysslapshot.com/nhl-w...aal-trade-might-not-make-sense-for-predators/

The rumor is out there in multiple places. And while I would not be against this it would present an issue re-signing Staal-FF9-Jones and Ekholm. It would however hit the Rinne Weber window some of us have discussed.

I could see a deadline type deal, but thus far none of these "rumors" have come from anything resembling a reputable source. These look like amateur "insider" type blogs.

I think the roster, some iteration of what we speculate around here, will be what we go with for at least the first half of the season.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I could see a deadline type deal, but thus far none of these "rumors" have come from anything resembling a reputable source. These look like amateur "insider" type blogs.

I think the roster, some iteration of what we speculate around here, will be what we go with for at least the first half of the season.

I agree the roster is set other than the 3rd line and I would say Lavi is pretty sure what he is gonna do there as well. The first cut will be soon and im actually surprised they didn't do it this morning.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
If he did come with an extension or we talked to him to find out if he would sign here. Can Ribeiro play wing?

Neal - Staal - Forsberg
Ribeiro - Fisher - Smith
Arvidsson - Hodgson - Jarnkrok
(Moses)

Or we have center depth

Neal - Staal - Forsberg
Fiala/Arvidsson - Ribeiro - Smith
Arvidsson/Fiala - Fisher - Jarnkrok/Hodgson
Bourque - Gaustad - Hodgson/Jarnkrok
(Moses)(Nystrom)

I'd rather have Fisher on Hodgson's right wing and then an offensive minded left

F3-Staal-Smith
Fiala-Ribeiro-Neal
Arvidsson-Hodgson-Fisher
?-Goose-Jarnkrok

And my autocorrect corrected Fiala to goals... Omen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad