First Official MLB Draft (Picks Only)

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
A thanks to Wrigley for putting this together.

Although I missed out on the draft experience, which is always the fun part, I still had fun putting a team together. And thanks to the other GM's, Vegeta and Old Man Wilie. It's always fun.

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, ATL
A thanks to Wrigley for putting this together. Although I missed out on the draft experience, which is always the fun part, I still had fun putting a team together. And thanks to the other GM's, Vegeta and Old Man Wilie. It's always fun.
Thanks. The results should be posted soon.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
I too would like to thank Wrigley and everyone else for making this draft possible. I had a ton of fun, and cannot wait for next year's mlb draft.

Say Hey Kid

Gonna get some albums by The Status Quo
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, ATL
In a hard-fought series, the Detroit Tigers needed extra innings in Game Six to pull off the series win. Congrats to both teams!
Thanks, Modo. Congrats to both finalists. I learned a lot, because I'd never Commished a league this size before, so I feel I can do an even better job next year, and I think when other GMs see how well this turned out and how much fun it was, we'll have more teams next year. I put everyone's names down in the rules as founders and I will also start a permanent record in the rules of the finalists. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
Thanks a ton guys! Great series TD, the Pirates had an amazing club. Every team was really intriguing, and the difference between each one was very slight imo. Seeing everyone's team follow a different philosophy was fun, and I felt the teams were more varied here than in the traditional ATD. I can't wait to see this draft grow next year!

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Just realized while doing research for current ATD, that Veg's starting pitcher Dutch Leonard , was indeed taken in the previous ATD (ATD round 26). I guess we all missed it, haha.

tsk, tsk, tsk, Commish, RECOUNT, RECOUNT!!

EDIT: ouch, also Andrew Miller was on Veg's team, also taken in that year's ATD.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Just realized while doing research for current ATD, that Veg's starting pitcher Dutch Leonard , was indeed taken in the previous ATD (ATD round 26). I guess we all missed it, haha.

tsk, tsk, tsk, Commish, RECOUNT, RECOUNT!!

EDIT: ouch, also Andrew Miller was on Veg's team, also taken in that year's ATD.

I think this was a 'best of the rest' draft after the ATD, not the ATD itself.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
Yes. Me, Wrigs, Veg and Willie participated. The rule was you couldn't pick a player taken in the ATD.

There are two Dutch Leonards. One was taken, one wasn't. I took the one that was left out. Miller I'll give you though. I thought for sure that I searched his name and had nothing come up. Guess we all missed it.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
There are two Dutch Leonards. One was taken, one wasn't. I took the one that was left out.

Haha....nice my bad Veg. Never knew that.

Guessing there was 2 Andrew Miller's as well. Common name. If so, my bad again.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Nah, that was a legitimate blown mistake. Not sure if his addition really changed the outcome of anything though.

No, not at all.

Your top pitcher, yeah that would have. But middling pen guy, nah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad