First NHL goal on a penalty shot ?

Blizzard

Feb 22, 2010
Just off the top of my head I can't think of anyone who has but I'm sure a little research and it wouldn't be to difficult to find out.

Recently, I know Omark did it in the shootout, which obviously doesn't count towards his total goals, and Richards got his first playoff goal on a penalty shot.

BamBamCam*

The first NHL penalty shot was awarded to the Montreal Canadiens' Armand Mondou on November 10, 1934; he was stopped by the Toronto Maple Leafs' George Hainsworth. On November 13, Ralph "Scotty" Bowman of the St. Louis Eagles scored the first penalty shot goal in NHL history. Erik Cole of the Carolina Hurricanes became the first NHL player to attempt two penalty shots in one game playing against the Buffalo Sabres and Martin Biron on November 9, 2005, scoring once. In the Hurricanes' next game Cole was given another penalty shot but missed the net guarded by the Florida Panthers' Roberto Luongo. Cole and Esa Pirnes (October 10 and October 12, 2003) are the only players in the NHL to have taken penalty shots in consecutive games. Twice has a NHL team successfully converted on two penalty shots in a single game - first on February 11, 1982 when Thomas Gradin and Ivan Hlinka of the Vancouver Canucks scored on shots against Detroit Red Wings goaltender Gilles Gilbert, and on December 30, 2009 when Ryane Clowe and Joe Thornton of the San Jose Sharks converted penalty shots against Washington Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth.

There you go

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
It's happened 5 times:
Ralph Bowman, St. Louis, November 13, 1934
Phil Hoene, Los Angeles, December 11, 1973
Ilkka Sinisalo, Philadelphia, October 11, 1981
Reggie Savage, Washington, November 18, 1992
Jay McClement, St. Louis, October 11, 2005

Ad