First Mock Draft

Avs72Habs33

May 9, 2006
This is my first mock draft..this is what i think will happen:)

2006 Mock Draft

1. St. Louis Blues - Jonhson
2. Pittsburgh Penguins - Kessel
3. Chicago Blackhawks – Toews
4. Washington Capitals – Staal
5. Boston Bruins – Backstrom
6. Colombus Blue Jackets - Mueller
7. New York Islanders – Brassard
8. Phoenix Coyotes – Sheppard
9. Minnesota Wild – Okposo
10. Florida Panthers – Sanguinetti
11. Los Angeles Kings – Williams
12. Atlanta Thrashers – Little
13.Toronto Maple Leafs – Tlusty
14. Vancouver Canucks – Wishart
15. Tampa Bay Lightning – Bernier
16. Montreal Canadiens – Stewart
17. Minnesota Wild – Frolik
18. Colorado Avalanche – Weber
19. Anaheim Mighty Ducks – Mitera
20. San Jose Sharks – Strait
21. New York Rangers – Emmerton
22. Philadelphia Flyers – Ryan
23. New Jersey Devils – Helenius
24. Buffalo Sabres – Foligno
25. Washington Capitals – Shutron
26. Calgary Flames – Maxwell
27. St. Louis Blues– Grabner
28. Dallas Stars – Calla
29. Ottawa Senators – Clutterbuck
30. Detroit Red Wings - Ficher

what do you think?

insider

Nov 14, 2003
mercury said:
I've seen Joe Ryan taken by the Flyers in multiple mocks now. We definitely need defensemen, but I don't know much about his game. Can anyone enlighten me?

I love him as a player. Sound defensively, and can chip in offensively.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
It would be very strange to see the Wings pick another defenseman named Fischer. It could happen, but it would be very odd.

And they really shouldn't pick any defenseman. What the system needs is the best big, talented, mobile forward that is available when they pick. A big, talented, mobile defenseman would be second, followed by any sort of forward who has lots of speed and/or goal scoring ability.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Avs72Habs33 said:
14. Vancouver Canucks – Wishart

16. Montreal Canadiens – Stewart
I have a hard time believing that the Canucks will pass on Stewart to take Wishart. While I don't think it's out of the question that the Canucks take another defenceman, even though we do have quite a number of young blueliners in the system already, the only scenario that I see us taking one is if one of the offensively gifted forwards like Tlusty, Stewart, Little or Sheppard are off the board. I think if it came down between Wishart and Stewart they would take Stewart. Good job overall though. :clap:

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Weber's a good defenseman but I don't see him going that high in the first....maybe Im wrong though.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
AnThGrt said:
Agreed could we stop getting Williams everywhere

I would still like Williams, but from what I'm reading recently, his stock could drop as low as the 2nd or 3rd round (not likely, but it's possible). I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him at a later round.

The entire package just seems so intriguing. Either way, I'd rather get a forward like Tlusty or Little over Williams, and I have a feeling Sanguinetti will be another Grebeshkov.

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
The Canucks will deffinitly not take a defencemen, especially if a guy like Frolik is still available.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
King'sPawn said:
Either way, I'd rather get a forward like Tlusty or Little over Williams, and I have a feeling Sanguinetti will be another Grebeshkov.

Just out of curiosity.....What are you basing that opinion on?

Remember Grebeshkov was a product of the RSL while Bobby plays in the OHL. Those leagues have vastly different playing styles. That alone gives Sanguinetti an advantage over Grebeshkov.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Spongebob said:
Just out of curiosity.....What are you basing that opinion on?

Remember Grebeshkov was a product of the RSL while Bobby plays in the OHL. Those leagues have vastly different playing styles. That alone gives Sanguinetti an advantage over Grebeshkov.

You mean aside from having lots of offensive potential while some remark on his bad defense, touted around the same position in both of their draft years, and the exact same size? Not much :)

Bear in mind I thought it was a mistake for us to trade Grebeshkov, but I wouldn't want to spend the #11 pick on what *I* think will develop into another Grebeshkov when it seems like one of the forwards is more likely to develop into an impact player.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
King'sPawn said:
You mean aside from having lots of offensive potential while some remark on his bad defense, touted around the same position in both of their draft years, and the exact same size? Not much :)

Bear in mind I thought it was a mistake for us to trade Grebeshkov, but I wouldn't want to spend the #11 pick on what *I* think will develop into another Grebeshkov when it seems like one of the forwards is more likely to develop into an impact player.

I understand that is your opinion....but every single player in the draft "could" be a bust.....so to say that Little or Tlusty is more likely to develop into an impact player is nothing more than a guess.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Spongebob said:
I understand that is your opinion....but every single player in the draft "could" be a bust.....so to say that Little or Tlusty is more likely to develop into an impact player is nothing more than a guess.

Yes, that's true... and I'm stuck in a position where I really can't see the prospects and comment on them myself (I live in San Diego). But in fairness, I try not to relay anything other than that information when I'm making my guesses and my remarks should most definitely be taken with a grain of salt.

But based on what I've read, I would not feel as comfortable with the Kings taking Sanguinetti over other certain players. I'm more than willing to change my mind, though. I was very high on Williams for a long time, and now I realize that may be a mistake to take him... at least so high in the first round.

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Amphitryon said:
Nonis told you so?

Didn't need to, if Nonis has any brains(unless of course he has a big trade in the works), then it is obvious that the Canucks need a forward who can be an offensive threat. Ohlund,Allen,Bourdon,Bieksa,Koltsov,Edler should all make the Canucks roster sooner or later(of course Ohlund and Allen are now). I don't know about you, but I'm preety sure Nonis will know who Frolik is, and how good he really is, along with how bad his team needs a young scorer. If you think he will choose someone eles, name him.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
King'sPawn said:
Yes, that's true... and I'm stuck in a position where I really can't see the prospects and comment on them myself (I live in San Diego). But in fairness, I try not to relay anything other than that information when I'm making my guesses and my remarks should most definitely be taken with a grain of salt.

But based on what I've read, I would not feel as comfortable with the Kings taking Sanguinetti over other certain players. I'm more than willing to change my mind, though. I was very high on Williams for a long time, and now I realize that may be a mistake to take him... at least so high in the first round.

I understand that....and in all honesty there are a few forwards I would snatch before selecting Sanguinetti......Little, Frolik and Tlusty just aren't among them.

Now if one of these forwards is still on the board at #11 I would definitely endorse the Kings selecting them.

Backstrom
Brassard
Okposo

Other than those guys......I think the Kings should pickup Sanguinetti....if he is gone then I would settle for Little, Frolik or Tlusty.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
KStewart113 said:
Didn't need to, if Nonis has any brains(unless of course he has a big trade in the works), then it is obvious that the Canucks need a forward who can be an offensive threat. Ohlund,Allen,Bourdon,Bieksa,Koltsov,Edler should all make the Canucks roster sooner or later(of course Ohlund and Allen are now). I don't know about you, but I'm preety sure Nonis will know who Frolik is, and how good he really is, along with how bad his team needs a young scorer. If you think he will choose someone eles, name him.
Nonis will take the best player available because he has a brain.

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
-31- said:
Nonis will take the best player available because he has a brain.

Well then, and I'm sure most would agree, wouldn't Frolik or Stewart be ahead of Ty Wishart?

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
I like it.

Minny would be stacked at forward for years to come. Gaborik, O'Sullivan, Pouliot, Voloshenko, PMB, Okposo, Frolik, Koivu, Irmen.

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
Can someone tell me more about this Calla kid? I haven't seen him very high on other mocks, yet his ranking by the scouts is preety high. I know he plays for Everett but that is about i.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad