First Goal Of The Game competition 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
First Goal Of The Game 2018/19

Well, it's that time of year again (hooray!) and as per normal here's this year's First Goal of the Game competition. I hope many of you will play this season is well - it's great fun and played for bragging rights only!

The purpose of this game is simple: Guess the scorer of the Islanders first goal in every game throughout the season

You get to name one regular scorer and one darkhorse candidate scorer or a shutout. Also, name if the goal was scored in even strength, on the powerplay or on the penalty kill for an additional point. Shutout is not an option for darkhorse, nor is having the same player both as regular and darkhorse scorer.

Extra point: If your chosen regular scorer scores the first goal, then your second candidate (dark horse) becomes available for the second goal of the game for a maximum of 4 additional points (scorer + correct play). Thus, the maximum number of points in one game is 6.

If you accidentally post twice, only your first post counts.

Scores are as follows:
Regular scorer: 1 point
Darkhorse scorer: 3 points
Correct play (ES, PP or PK): 1 point
Shutout: 10 points
Second scorer (if first is correct): 1 point

Players ineligible for darkhorse are:
Lee, Eberle, Cizikas, Nelson, Barzal

Players eligible or ineligible for darkhorse are subject to change throughout the season allowing for trades, injuries, loss/gain of form. Changes will only be made after consulting the participants.

I'll do my best to update scores throughout the season but I appreciate any help others can provide. All choices must be in before the first drop of the puck.

Best of luck to you all!

Mods: can we have a sticky please??

Last edited:

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Barzal scores as much as Nelson..so I don't think he should be ineligible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad