First Game at the ACC. Info Por Favor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Alright folks. I'm on a train to your fine city (some of you) to attend my first home game at the ACC, and my first Raps (and NBA) game ever.

A few things:

1. Will the Wifey and I have a chance to enjoy a few pints at Real Sports this afternoon, or will it be jam packed? Were reservations the way to go?

2. Best place near the ACC/Downtown to grab some gear (hats, something team related for my home pub)?

3. Any of you going to the game grabbing cold ones before hand? Favourite spots to go pre-game?

Bonus Question:

If the moon were made of BBQ spare ribs, would you eat it?

TIA.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I would think you could get into Real Sports this afternoon and there is a Swag Shop right beside it.

My pregame Pub is http://www.theoverdraught.ca/ about a 10 minute walk to the ACC, I avoid the rink until I'm ready to enter.

There is a Baton Rouge at the foot of the CN Tower, great Ribs/Steak.

Enjoy.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
Alright folks. I'm on a train to your fine city (some of you) to attend my first home game at the ACC, and my first Raps (and NBA) game ever.

A few things:

1. Will the Wifey and I have a chance to enjoy a few pints at Real Sports this afternoon, or will it be jam packed? Were reservations the way to go?

2. Best place near the ACC/Downtown to grab some gear (hats, something team related for my home pub)?

3. Any of you going to the game grabbing cold ones before hand? Favourite spots to go pre-game?

Bonus Question:

If the moon were made of BBQ spare ribs, would you eat it?

TIA.

1. You should be able to grab a couple bar seats for some beers, if you want a table before the game you're likely out of luck on a game day without a reservation.

2. Lots of little shops around the rink, including the one in the ACC itself (if you wanna pay an arm and a leg though)

3. Not this guy

Bonus Question:Hell, I would. I'd wash it down with a frosty budweiser. :sarcasm:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
1. You should be able to grab a couple bar seats for some beers, if you want a table before the game you're likely out of luck on a game day without a reservation.

2. Lots of little shops around the rink, including the one in the ACC itself (if you wanna pay an arm and a leg though)

3. Not this guy

Bonus Question:Hell, I would. I'd wash it down with a frosty budweiser. :sarcasm:

This *** guy :laugh:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I would think you could get into Real Sports this afternoon and there is a Swag Shop right beside it.

My pregame Pub is http://www.theoverdraught.ca/ about a 10 minute walk to the ACC, I avoid the rink until I'm ready to enter.

There is a Baton Rouge at the foot of the CN Tower, great Ribs/Steak.

Enjoy.

Thanks, mate.

Wife got all of this for her tail-busting for the man this past year (Bell Media employee). Hotel and train included.

I'm not familiar with this area of town so much (too rich for my blood). I am, however, very aquainted with King West and Kensington Market region. Thanks for the suggestions.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I visited TO for the first time in a long time this year - check out the Keg. Isnt too far from ACC and they have kiler fish tacos and (surprise surprise) a big draft list. Theres also the Steamwhistle brewery near the ACC if youre looking to kill time, and brain cells, in that area

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I visited TO for the first time in a long time this year - check out the Keg. Isnt too far from ACC and they have kiler fish tacos and (surprise surprise) a big draft list. Theres also the Steamwhistle brewery near the ACC if youre looking to kill time, and brain cells, in that area

If you steam whistle sure, but that's all they sell so there's zero selection. I usually go down the esplanade for some pints before a game. A place like Scotland Yard has done decent beers to try.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Gretzkys is a great bar to check out. Walking distance from ACC. Good prices on beer.

99 Blue Jays Way

Hoops is also a good restaurant/bar too. Just outside ACC too.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Real Sports has some prime waitresses. Anyone here?

Haven't went this year, but hope you have fun!

Personal opinion was hoops was pretty bad, i'd avoid it.

Also beer up at another place beforehand. They charge an arm and a leg for it...well everything is pretty over priced, a pizza slice that is half the size of a usual one is like $10

I'd recommend getting your booze and food fill ahead of the game.

I am hoping it's a tight game but entertaining, and we lose by one, best I can do for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad