First coach fired

Who will be the first coach fired in the 2020-21 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Yea but Melnyk also doesn't seem like the sort to pay a guy not to work for him
Thats true, but about 2 years ago he had 3 coaches being paid all at the same time. It wouldnt be unprecedented.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Vegas is a good choice just because they seem so aggressive in how they are managed. Plus it just makes sense that the vulnerable coaches would be the ones on teams expected to be good.
Yeah with Stephenson as their 2C and outside of Theodore and Petro I just don’t like their D. I just think they will regress.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
In such a weird condensed year I wonder if teams are more quick to make changes or if they ride it out until the offseason. Im guessing fewer coaches are fired this year

Owners may also want to avoid paying a guy not to work for them, or at least prolong that.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Voted for Ralph Krueger, by far the worst coach in the league.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
lol at calling Krueger the worst coach in the league when Dallas Eakins is a head coach in the NHL.
Kruegers system is so incredibly offensively restrictive this has to be him. It is rare to see a coach discourage extremely talented players from being creative in favor of dump and chase shithouse hockey to that extreme extent. Dahlin and Eichel don't nearly have enough freedom on the puck. That power play with Eichel, Olofsson, Reinhart and Dahlin unfaily saved his job last year but it won't again.

He has completely misused Dahlin, who is a generational player in terms of skillset. Dahlin performed extremely well but he would have established himself as a class above Hughes and Makar under another coach. Also, his usage of young talented players like Jokiharju, Mittelstadt and Thompson deserves criticism.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Nothing to substantiate this claim but I have a feeling Quinn was a coach to take the Rangers through the rebuild and their management team are going to look for someone new as they start to push for playoffs with Lafreniere

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Nothing to substantiate this claim but I have a feeling Quinn was a coach to take the Rangers through the rebuild and their management team are going to look for someone new as they start to push for playoffs with Lafreniere

The Pens going from Therrien (who did take to the SCF) to Bylsma... The Hawks from Savard to Q... The Kings from Murray to Sutter... It makes sense.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I voted Maurice. I think he is a good coach, but you just get so many chances with 1 core. If the Jets stumble out of the gate, I can see him being on the hot seat pretty quick.

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
Ward, Sullivan or Maurice to me. Went with Sullivan. That team is still in a win-now mode to a large degree.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Glad to see other fans see Maurice as an issue. I know you shouldn't wish someone loses their job, but he makes millions, he'll have a job in hockey until he retires. He's holding the team back more than anyone else in that organization
He did his best let's progress

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Claude Julien was the correct answer. 7 people got it right.

People who voted Geoff Ward or Ralph Krueger shouldn't feel too bad though. You get a medal.

But poll winners Maurice and Sullivan are still employed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad