Speculation: FIRST CALL UP Thread

Who will be the first call up of the year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
There are obvious choices, possible permanent moves, but who do you think will be the first call up this season?

I know who most fans will vote for, but what about a 4th line call up, or a defenceman call up?

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Has to be a emergency recall after playinga man short or if another player goes on LTIR. So Mete if a dman goes down. Kallgren if a goalie can't go. Robertson if a forward can't go. Maybe Simmonds if they want more toughness.

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
It has to be either Robertson or Simmonds, unless there are cap reasons that prevent it.

Robertson if they need a skill guy, Simmonds if they need a gritty guy.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
If I understood Mirtle correctly an emergency call up can only make a certain amount and Robertson makes over the amount threshold . I could be wrong though.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
If I understood Mirtle correctly an emergency call up can only make a certain amount and Robertson makes over the amount threshold . I could be wrong though.
You are half wrong.
There is a limit to how much the a player can make to be eligible for emergency recall.
But Robertson makes less than the limit

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
With Murray on LTIR that gives us space for Liljegren + 2.
My Guess is Robertson and Simmonds will split one of the call up spots depending on opponent

In the second spot is love to see what Kral can do. If he can seemlessly fill a Holl or Muzzin spot that could give us some flexibility going forward.
I feel like he could be a steady bottom pairing guy.

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Elliot freedgman in the intermission just intimated there are rumours Robertson will be brought up with some of the room made by Murray’s LTIR
Can vouch I just saw that too. Sounded like it's as good as official the way he said it.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Lot$ of cap space now !
With 9 injuries.
In fairness most of those injuries are to guys that wouldn’t have been expected to be anywhere near a healthy opening night roster. Guys like Dahlstrom, Benn, and Woll.

It’s really only Liljegren and Murray who are out for the big club right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad