OT: Fireworks/Firecrackers in Vancouver on halloween

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
That made me LOL.

Im not really here or there on pets, for me they are not worth the hassle, but I am sick of people acting like it is more ethical to treat animals as if they are the same as people.

This shows 2 things.

1) you’ve never had a pet.
2) please don’t get a pet.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I find it more annoying that people with pets complain about fireworks. I care about your pet about as much as your pet cares about me... I have never had to scrape fireworks off my shoe, or had fireworks run straight at my kids while walking on the sidewalk.

who hurt you?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
1) No you are very very wrong and you don't know me.
2) I will do what I want, but I will not try and spoil other peoples fun because of what I choose to be responsible for.

0 chance you’ve had a pet by the way you’re talking. Cammmannnnn we know. Just admit it.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
0 chance you’ve had a pet by the way you’re talking. Cammmannnnn we know. Just admit it.
No I do not have a pet... But I have had pets which you claim I havent . Not that owning a pet would give more authority to have my opinion so who cares. I simply do believe in Anthropomorphism

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Yeah dogs freak out at fireworks but it's not like this is animal abuse or anything. Dogs are made of sterner stuff than that.
The person that brings the dog into a society that uses fireworks is more responsible for the dog getting spooked than the rest of society, No?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
tbf i think the dog was already in the society. it’s not like most ppl are going out to the country getting dogs from farms and bringing them into the lower mainland are they?

whereas the ppl who i used to see walking chihuahuas in the snow in minnesota, those ppl are straight up monsters.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
tbf i think the dog was already in the society. it’s not like most ppl are going out to the country getting dogs from farms and bringing them into the lower mainland are they?

whereas the ppl who i used to see walking chihuahuas in the snow in minnesota, those ppl are straight up monsters.

Yes, both Dogs and fireworks have been in society for quite some time, and no one had that big of a problem with it.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
???

all five cities i’ve lived in on this continent have had kids shooting roman candles at each other on hallowe’en.

idk, not that i didn’t when i was a 15 too but as an adult knowing how it terrorizes dogs, it just seems unnecessary. and my cat dgaf but if you’v ever lived in a building with dogs, those dogs all simultaneously lose it and freak the f out all night, which on top of just seeming inhumane also is way more annoying to have to hear than the fire crackers themselves.
I just played the theme music to Law and Order in my building REALLY LOUD with a lot of dog owners cause I’m a ****.

:sarcasm:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
No I do not have a pet... But I have had pets which you claim I havent . Not that owning a pet would give more authority to have my opinion so who cares. I simply do believe in Anthropomorphism
I wouldnt waste your time with that guy, his hockey takes are even worse, ie Boeser

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
Yes, both Dogs and fireworks have been in society for quite some time, and no one had that big of a problem with it.

I have lit off fireworks in the past and had a great time doing it. It's a fun tradition. I also got a dog a few years ago, and never understood the pain fireworks cause them. I've spent several hundreds of dollars on thundershirts, calming treats, CBD oil and drugs to try to help my pet go through it. Until you actually see what it does to one, you wont understand.

Any reasonable person would understand that fireworks are something that causes people and pets pain. However, on the other side, I'm reasonable to understand it causes a lot of joy and fun for a lot of people.

Why can't we limit fireworks from 6-11PM on Halloween night. What adult is lighting them off after 11pm? Plain and simply, losers. If your over the age of 16, you should have figured out that halloween is the best night of the year to get laid. If you have kids, you're not lighting off anything as they'll be in bed.

I don't believe they should be banned, but why not require a permit to purchase them? Keep them out of the hands of the kids who want to light them off at 3am on a Tuesday.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
This is literally an act of cultural genocide. ****ing piece of **** bastards can go **** themselves in the *******s with a roman candle.
Pretty sure the people who really want them will still get their hands on them. Especially middle/high school kid, there’s always some kids selling them.

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018
Good decision IMHO.

The cost to fire crews/police so that some juveniles can act up isn't worth it. Not to mention the injuries to dummies we see every year.

If kids want noise and lights they can strap a strobe flash light to their chin and bang on a trash can lid.

Spur1

Sep 12, 2019
Only trained personnel should be allowed to handle fireworks.
Just ask my brother. Had one blow up in his face. After a few years and surgery he has partial sight in the damaged eye.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Pretty sure the people who really want them will still get their hands on them. Especially middle/high school kid, there’s always some kids selling them.

Yup.

All this is doing is turning good kids who will still get their hands on them into criminals.

And those who can't get their hands on them will probably find other darker outlets. Will be interesting to track property crime on October 31 after this.

OK, City of Vancouver boomers.

Reactions: Nucker101

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I am here to complain. To complain about people complaining. I will now complain, about complaining. Now, someone complain about me complaining about people complaining.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
whoa, someone called everyone snowflakes and a different person dropped the cultural genocide bomb, over people's right to make loud noises. let's let that sink in as we decide which side of this issue is the reasonable take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad