#FireLefebvre

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
notice whenever a team isn t performing, montreal s answer is always that the coach can t coach?

also: notice hamilton is full of rookies right now?

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
youngest team in the league with no real star forward, dont know what people expect from them

Maybe for the prospects not to regress so badly under him? Leblanc ain't a world beater but he's only getting worse, Palushaj has no NHL future but should be good at this level, Nattinen hasn't build on his great end of last year, and Avtsin, one of the few guys who looked to actually be developing under Lefebvre, is now a healthy scratch in favor of useless plugs.

Also there seems to be no coherent attempt to match lines and the power play sucks.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Maybe for the prospects not to regress so badly under him? Leblanc ain't a world beater but he's only getting worse, Palushaj has no NHL future but should be good at this level, Nattinen hasn't build on his great end of last year, and Avtsin, one of the few guys who looked to actually be developing under Lefebvre, is now a healthy scratch in favor of useless plugs.

Also there seems to be no coherent attempt to match lines and the power play sucks.

Well then fire everybody else 'cause seems the Habs brass was there not too long with the "go on Sylvain, we have your back" type of message.

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal

youngest team in the league, remember that
kids get tired, they arent robots

noone to protect them either...ya, stortini fights, but he gets his face punched in every time he drops the gloves.

Much like most fans, stop seeing our forward prospects as so top of the line...they arent all that good

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
youngest team in the league, remember that
kids get tired, they arent robots

noone to protect them either...ya, stortini fights, but he gets his face punched in every time he drops the gloves.

Much like most fans, stop seeing our forward prospects as so top of the line...they arent all that good

Yeah and it's like that new habs brass is out to prove it whatever the cost. :rant:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Just wait until they start getting on Therrien. And make no mistake about it. It will happen.

We're such an odd media structure such that for the first years of L'Antichambre, the manchettes were often not favourable to Carbo.

He then becomes part of that gang, along with (more recently), Therrien, who (if you watched at all) pretty much laid out his opinions about the Habs (prior to being hired).

Now he's the coach and all his buddies will be ripping him apart from time to time.

I really think the biggest ? this season is going to be who Therrien v2.0 is.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
We're such an odd media structure such that for the first years of L'Antichambre, the manchettes were often not favourable to Carbo.

He then becomes part of that gang, along with (more recently), Therrien, who (if you watched at all) pretty much laid out his opinions about the Habs (prior to being hired).

Now he's the coach and all his buddies will be ripping him apart from time to time.

I really think the biggest ? this season is going to be who Therrien v2.0 is.

Yeah it is weird.

One note about Carbo I noticed though is that he's pretty classy about his comments. I don't recall him ever openly bashing a coaching decision.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
You mean it hasn't already? Not many of us were looking forward to seeing what Therrien would have in store for us his second time around.

Yeah I've seen a few comments here and there. I even said personally that he's not my favourite coach in the world. I wasn't extremely thrilled when I heard he was the coach I won't lie. But I'm willing to give the guy benefit of the doubt and start with a clean slate so to speak. And some of his comments on TV were pretty bad, but who you are on l'Antichambre and who you are in the real world, in a dressing room are probably vastly different.

I meant more like a flat out lynch mob calling for him to be fired. I say you'll start seeing that within 3 weeks after the start of the season. He won't be giving such and such enough icetime, he'll be stifling rookies, the lines won't be right etc etc.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Well with Therrien it won't be the worst thing in the world if the Habs suck considering this draft class.

Plus if you look at Therrien's record in Montreal and Pittsburgh his 5 on 5 play was terrible but he had good special teams, while Lefebvre's Bulldogs have been terrible at everything except Stortini hugfests.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Yeah I've seen a few comments here and there. I even said personally that he's not my favourite coach in the world. I wasn't extremely thrilled when I heard he was the coach I won't lie. But I'm willing to give the guy benefit of the doubt and start with a clean slate so to speak. And some of his comments on TV were pretty bad, but who you are on l'Antichambre and who you are in the real world, in a dressing room are probably vastly different.

I meant more like a flat out lynch mob calling for him to be fired. I say you'll start seeing that within 3 weeks after the start of the season. He won't be giving such and such enough icetime, he'll be stifling rookies, the lines won't be right etc etc.

To be completely honest, I think Lefebvre has had the benefit of the doubt longer than most would have expected. Many have said that the average age of the dogs, the beefed up AHL and the few injuries have made it more than just a bit difficult to string some wins together, and those are fair points.

However, I don't see many people *****ing about losing games. Mostly I see people tearing out their hair in frustration because he doesn't seem to match his lines at all, he overplays useless players in favor of those who might actually score a goal, that there is a general lack of organization in all facets of the dogs' game; be it special teams or 5v5. In essence, it's not that they're losing, it's how they're losing. I've given the dude the benefit of the doubt for a while now, but soon he'll be losing the 'beefed up ahl' excuse.

One thing I can hand the guy is that I've seen many dogs games this year, and very rarely are they not giving it 100%. They play hard for lefebvre. Maybe not recently, I dunno, I've missed the last few, but I think he's probably a decent enough motivator. Maybe only that, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->