#FIRECHIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
You're free to spend your money however you wish, but there's no way in hell that Bob Nicholson is going to fire the GM he went out of way to hire, just over 2 years into his tenure, a guy who was a nominee for NHL Executive of the Year last season. It's simply not going to happen no matter how many ads you buy or billboards you rent.

Now if they continue to play at this pace over the whole year (which would be a horrendous 56 points, nearly a 50 point drop from a year ago), then you could see maybe McLellan and his coaching staff sacrificed. But that's a ways away.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
All money, checks and mail order checks can be sent to my bank account and I will make sure every penny is used towards renting billboard space ...:naughty::nod::laugh:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Oilers have won 82 regular season games and lost 95 since Chia took over. OT losses are still losses.
That's pretty stupid, because you get a point, so the simpler thing would be to split them, take the total OT/SO losses, and make half wins (because you get a point) and half loses (Because you only get 1 point).

Stuff like this leaves me thinking that decade of dark wasn't utterly undeserved.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oilers are 4-8-1 going into November. I actually thought we had a better record lol

Flip the 4 and the 8 and it's not so bad

tumblr_mia216SMvY1rrx588o1_250.gif

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
It's Chia that has a horrible track record and keeps losing trades, he unbuilt this team...
Keep some on-ice systems consistency by keeping Todd for now, no reason firing Chia can't happen now.

You can think whatever you want but the reality is, it’s not happening. You might as well come to grips with it now and get on with your winter.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
The Oilers have won 82 regular season games and lost 95 since Chia took over. OT losses are still losses.

The Oilers were 28th when Chia took over the team and they are now 30th.

At least use facts when trying to justify your homerism.
Its a sobering fact. But don't be a chicken little man. Nobody likes a chicken little.
they're hilarious now

Oiler fans in full panic mode
Its not panic. Chiarelli is doing a poor job. Not saying he necessarily needs to be fired but he has drained a lot of talent off this team and we seem to be going backwards. Recall if you will all the high fiving going on this site when Vegas had the Oilers as second Cup favorites and every publication in NA had them near the top of the league. Thoughtful fans knew those predictions were way too rosy. McDavid can't carry five non NHLers on his back.

And now the Sekera excuse is being used heavily by Chiarelli apologists. I recall pages and pages of 'shinpad Sekera' comments last year. He's a good solid NUL dman but he isn't Mr Wonderful or anything. Not a chance he's capable of saving this roster with Klefbom and Benning playing as disinterested as they are at the moment.

Face it. Chiarelli is doing a poor job. And his coach isn't doing much better.

Last edited:

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
The team needs goal scoring in the worst way they are hard up for RW right shot guys who can shoot the puck. Chia calls up 3point left shot Malone leaving Rattie down there the only guy producing in Bakersfield SMH

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Okay, playing devil's advocate, wouldn't you prefer Hall, Eberle and Pouliot to Strome, Jokinen and Larsson?

I'll take the latter with the playoff games that came with them.

How about I buy an ad to call out the bull**** that goes into this site? That sounds like a better use of my money.

Now you stop it...there's enough ads and enough bullshit on this site already. :laugh:

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers are all but a lock to the miss the playoffs by November, and the top two threads on these forums are centered around goalie scapegoating and firing the GM. I see the universe has reverted the state of hockey in Edmonton back to a previous save left over 2012 :laugh:

Reactions: thadd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad