Fire Todd Mclellan

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It's three games in. The systems don't look bad, the players do. I fully support TMac at this point. If he doesn't work, it is the players, we need to cleanse the leadership of the team. Kopitar, Doughty, and Carter have to go before TMac IMO. The only veterans I want around our youth are Clifford and Brown.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
really guys, come on ...they defeense is bad and when was the last time kings scored 11 goals in 3 games?
the Quick thing, ya kinda savage, but a good messeage to these guys, if you don't want to get your teamate blasted, play better

Reactions: ibleedkings

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
Embrace the top-5 pick coming our way. We are on the right path. We all knew there were going to be games like these.

Pursuing and winning the Cups led to handing out/acquiring some contracts that we knew would bite us towards the end. We are now towards the end. I'll put up with five years in the wilderness after winning two Cups every time.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Blake isn't experienced enough to know and understand how to get out of this jam

he's clearly shown that he will never get a "Rob (the Magician) Blake" type of nickname because he's average, he's one of us folk that look at the roster and go hide under the bed in fear

that's all, he's an average man that once played professional hockey and now is administering a team like an average person would

yes, he is Robert Bowlby "the Human" Blake

plan? wait and draft players

bravo, i think i can wait and draft players too, hire me!

(and yes this rant about Blake includes his coaching decisions - read between the lines ya big dummmyy!!)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Blake isn't experienced enough to know and understand how to get out of this jam

he's clearly shown that he will never get a "Rob (the Magician) Blake" type of nickname because he's average, he's one of us folk that look at the roster and go hide under the bed in fear

that's all, he's an average man that once played professional hockey and now is administering a team like an average person would

yes, he is Robert Bowlby "the Human" Blake

plan? wait and draft players

bravo, i think i can wait and draft players too, hire me!

(and yes this rant about Blake includes his coaching decisions - read between the lines ya big dummmyy!!)

:laugh:

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
It's not McLellan's fault Matt Roy puts pucks in his own net and falls down, in key battles....nor that Quick overplays angles and slides 2 feet out of position and has lost his game completely. Or that Kempe is
not a # 2 NHL center.

Honestly, he has Kopitar, Toffoli, and even Carter and Kovalchuk playing better - but it's not enough. The first period of the Flames game, they had it and looked awesome.
Speaking of Kempe not producing, Iafallo has not been producing either. It's time to put Alex on line 2. Line 2 is a mess. Make Amadio center - he's been awesome and
Lewis and Clifford are not the best finishers - but they are playing very well. I say make line 2: Iafallo / Amadio / Kovalchuk. Maybe put Brown LW and put Toffoli
back at RW 1. Line 3 Kempe Lizotte Carter ? Grundstrom looked pretty good and should be playing. Maybe he could play with Clifford and Lewis. Wagner? I don't know.

It may be best to send Bjornfot to Sweden and keep him away from this mess. He's looked good and he's also looked like he needs another year.
Mikey Anderson may actually be more ready than Tobias right now. Hard to believe Hutton has been decent and would really be bad without him.

Brown-Kopitar-Carter
Toffoli-Amadio-Kovalchuk
Iafallo-Kempe-Lizotte
Clifford-Lewis-Wagner

Anderson-Doughty
Hutton-Martinez
Ryan-Walker

Quick-Campbell

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Wow, three games in with a team that finished 30th last year and this thread appears? Yes, they played like crap in VAN, but this is a new system and the team needs time. We have some players that need to be moved, but I don’t think Blake is gonna give them away. Move a couple more at TDL, get some more picks/prospects.
And if we’re horrible again this year, we get a top 5 pick in a deep draft.
The future looks bright, the present not so much.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
It ain't T-Mac's fault. Some of these Vets should of not made it past the summer charity golf tournament on this roster. Losing with the younger players is one thing, playing the Vets to show the young players how to win and getting embarrassed like that is another.

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
How many more times are we going to hear the vets say, "we need to play a full 60 minutes" or the classic, "we all need to play better"?

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
This guy sucks.

Leaving Quick in net for 8 goals against is embarrassing and downright disrespectful especially towards one of the best players to ever play for this franchise.

What a ****ing joke of a coach.
The reason Quick was left in the game was because Campbell played the night before. I think if this wasn't the 2nd game of back-to-backs then Campbell would have been put in the game.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Do you keep changing the tires on your car when you have engine problems? That's the problem the Kings have. It isn't the men in the suit and ties behind the bench that's the problem. It's the player personnel.

White walls and racing stripes!

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
I am still disappointed we did not bring back the ultimate tank commander for another 2-3 years, which is what this franchise truly needs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad