Proposal: Fire sale in Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
What's the price on Jones and Lindholm?

Jones probably isn’t available unless it’s in a package for a young top line forward that becomes available (such as PLD a month ago).

Lindholm isn’t really available. He is the Ducks 1D, but it could be revisited this summer if he won’t sign an extension.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Knew this thread was coming. lol

Anaheim could likely move anyone outside of Gibson, Lindholm, Fowler, Comtois, Zegras, and Drysdale.

If management wants to ask Getzlaf it’s up to him, but said he has no desire to move , especially during a Pandemic doubt he would.

I think Fowler could be had but would be for a Top 6 forward at least. He also has a 4 team NTC so would be tough to make that work.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Anaheim's other good prospects are not going anywhere, too. Getzlaf (NMC) and Miller have earned the respect to only be moved if they desire it. Fowler has a very restrictive NTC. Silfverberg and the team must have known what was coming and that contract still got signed. Trading Shattenkirk would be unusual after just signing him. Waiting to see what Lindholm is thinking in terms of an extension before moving him is prudent.

Add all of that to the list and it's not much more than a retooling club logically selling players getting close to UFA. A fire sale isn't going to happen.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Neither Gibson or Dostal is getting moved until Dostal potentially forces his way into the NHL and makes Gibson expendable. (As Gibson did to Fred Andersen).
Well he wasn't on this untouchable list so had to try lol. I love him and super jealous.

Reactions: McDonald19

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Add all of that to the list and it's not much more than a retooling club logically selling players getting close to UFA. A fire sale isn't going to happen.

Agreed. The core pieces are difficult to move for various reasons.

Hutton and Rowney should be moved as rentals for mid-round picks. Hakanpaa probably as well at this point.

Heinen should be moved as an impending RFA (who might not get a Q offer) for a prospect or 3rd-4th round pick.

The rest of the available players have more complicated situations: Henrique, Silfverberg, Rakell, Shatt.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Dostal to Oiler's please...

Personally, I'd add him to your untouchable list.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Knew this thread was coming. lol

Anaheim could likely move anyone outside of Gibson, Lindholm, Fowler, Comtois, Zegras, and Drysdale.

If management wants to ask Getzlaf it’s up to him, but said he has no desire to move , especially during a Pandemic doubt he would.

I think Fowler could be had but would be for a Top 6 forward at least. He also has a 4 team NTC so would be tough to make that work.

Cam is damn near impossible to move simply because you know one of those places is Detroit (he's from there) and I would heavily speculate that another one of them is your beloved Rangers, whom I would assume are probably not in the market to take on that salary (and I have no interest in retention on that contract for another 6 years).

Reactions: Leonardo87
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad