Fire Pierre Dorion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Dorion's big trade history:

In: Duchene, Boedker, Gaborik, Burrows, Gustavsson, Bergman, PIT 1st (22nd), CGY 2nd (Formenton)

Out: Zibanejad, Turris, Hoffman, Phaneuf, Dahlen, Bowers, Lazar, OTT 1st (probably top 5 next year), 33rd OVR

Dear god is that bad track record.

Need to fire this clown before he does any further damage to the franchise.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
We need to pull an Islanders and bring in a veteran GM to handle the most important offseason in team history.

Too bad veteran GMs cost money. Dorion saving his own job by allocating money to bottom line players, money that could have been used for a GM to replace him. He knew full well what he was doing when he acquired Boedker. All about him, no vision for the team.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

In: Duchene, Boedker, Gaborik, Burrows, Gustavsson, Bergman, PIT 1st (22nd), CGY 2nd (Formenton)

Out: Zibanejad, Turris, Hoffman, Phaneuf, Dahlen, Bowers, Lazar, OTT 1st (probably top 5 next year), 33rd OVR

Yup, that’s horriawful.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
In some ways, and this may be my cynical side, Hoffman's gf did Melnyk a big favor in moving Hoffman to clear some money to sign Karlsson, Stone and Duchene. I didn't believe that he was going to sign those without moving someone who was movable, and what would have been a clear salary dump because of not having money, is now perceived as a salary dump because Hoffman's value, thanks to his gf, plummeted.

In any event, too early to fire Dorion over a trade that he was never, ever going to win. I want to see what and how he gets the core signed.

If that were the case he would have traded him for picks not an overpaid player who SJS was looking to buy out.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

@coladin what are your thoughts for this?

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home

his trades seem to be centered about saving bucks not making the team better. not going to defend this but looks like the marionette is just doing the cheap f***'s will.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

So our potential lineup without these meaningless trades could look something like:

Ryan could be replaced with another LW;
Boedker is there because Hoffman had to be moved but who knows it could have been a player like Fabbri in that spot if he were moved at the deadline;
Centre depth looks amazing with Logan Brown possibly producing well in that slot;
Dahlen is there as I am sure he would have been pushing for a spot this year as a complimentary player;
Fantastic 4th line. This is where I think each of those players should be IMO. Pageau can fill spot duty on the 3rd line okay, but seeing him in the top 6 makes me cringe;
Phaneuf is there but probably could have flipped him + a 2nd or 3rd if we didn't piss away a bunch of valuable assets

That should be a playoff team. Winning a round or two, keeping EK happy with his bros in Zibanejad and Turris, and inclined to sign. I also think people would pay money to watch this team.

RyanTurris Stone
BoedkerZibanejadDahlen
WhiteBrownDzingel
SmithPageauPyatt
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
KarlssonPhaneuf
ChabotCeci
BorowieckiWolanin
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The fact that Dorion opted to not make a deal in the division because of the Florida Panthers is pure incompetence. Teams can turn around and trade players in the division if they want, look at what happened with the Martin Jones deal between LA/Boston and then Boston/San Jose and it’s exactly the same situation. If a team offers you the best deal possible for your team, then who the f*** cares if you trade Hoffman to Florida.

To add to this total incompetence is the fact that there are literally a ton of other options that were there for Florida. Had they not acquired Hoffman it is extremely likely that they would’ve went after another player like Skinner, Pacioretty, Van Riemsdyk, Kessel, Neal and there might very well be other guys that are available. Right now there are tons of players on the market that bring similar value to what Hoffman brings, you SHOULD KNOW that if a team doesn’t acquire Hoffman, they will very likely acquire another player that will have the same impact given the current state of the market.

This is not on Melnyk, this is 100% on Dorion. Who cares if he was ‘’instructed’’ not to trade Hoffman to Florida? His job is to make the moves that make the most sense for the f***ing team. Anyone with half a brain would be able to explain how this make absolutely no sense to the person that ‘’instructed’’ Dorion to make a trade out of the division.

It’s absolutely incredible that this is where we are at right now.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
New owner will clean house quickly I’d bet. Melnyk will not. Just gave him more years. He just continue to be a laughing stock of a GM until he’s put out of his misery. Soon please.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Former NHLer Patrick O'Sullivan, who still has plenty of friends and contacts around the league, confirmed this on Twitter...

Not surprising unfortunately. His taste in women seems to indicate a lack of character and poor judgement.

Just like his play on the ice.

Dorion is doing what he can with what he has. Today's trade was actually decent considering the mess.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
These are the stages of reacting to Dorion's moves.

First we hear that the Sens have made a trade or signed a free agent.
giphy.gif

Then we see who Dorion got and what we gave up.
giphy.gif

Then we go in denial.
giphy.gif

Then we accept how bad our team is going to be.
giphy.gif

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Imagine if we had a former Senator vs current Senator game in October. The former Senator team would run train on us.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Ridiculous idea. PD is undermanned, his hands are tied thanks a player's wife and nutjob owner... But we should fire him.

That won't add to the circus, not at all.

Common!?

Reactions: swiftwin

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Ridiculous idea. PD is undermanned, his hands are tied thanks a player's wife and nutjob owner... But we should fire him.

That won't add to the circus, not at all.

Common!?

He’s in a tough spot, no question. I can’t fault him on the Hoffman deal. That’s out of his control. Hoffman had value, and then last week happens, and now he doesn’t have value. You can fault him if he chose Boedker over picks though, since that’s just dumb, but Dorion has a tough job.

Dealing with Melnyk
Budget team
Small staff
Off ice drama

Not an enviable spot to be in.

Reactions: DJB

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Former NHLer Patrick O'Sullivan, who still has plenty of friends and contacts around the league, confirmed this on Twitter...

I also specifically remember Stone putting the team on blast after a game. Singling out that some of our "top" players were not committed to winning after Hoffman had a particularly lazy game. Not to mention the fact that Hoffman's nickname among players is"Hoffmanov".

I know I'm usually the only optimist around here. But we can certainly build around Karlsson, Stone, and Duchene. We have some slick prospects and young players in the system. Guys like Chabot, Dzingel and White can become good core players for us next season. Ownership is the only wildcard here.

Reactions: pzeeman

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Can we get one of these going? Who wants to provide the detailed play by play of his incompetency? I think everyone here is onboard that he needs to go, what happened today should be the final straw.

why don't you start a #Dorionout campaign, and maybe put up some billboards......... I hear that works.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
why don't you start a #Dorionout campaign, and maybe put up some billboards......... I hear that works.
What’s that? I hear the plink of a dollar being deposited, cha-ching. Maybe if he allocated your salary to the roster we would have a competitive team.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
He’s in a tough spot, no question. I can’t fault him on the Hoffman deal. That’s out of his control. Hoffman had value, and then last week happens, and now he doesn’t have value. You can fault him if he chose Boedker over picks though, since that’s just dumb, but Dorion has a tough job.

Dealing with Melnyk
Budget team
Small staff
Off ice drama

Not an enviable spot to be in.

Except it's not dumb. We need roster players.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
The fact that Dorion opted to not make a deal in the division because of the Florida Panthers is pure incompetence. Teams can turn around and trade players in the division if they want, look at what happened with the Martin Jones deal between LA/Boston and then Boston/San Jose and it’s exactly the same situation. If a team offers you the best deal possible for your team, then who the **** cares if you trade Hoffman to Florida.

To add to this total incompetence is the fact that there are literally a ton of other options that were there for Florida. Had they not acquired Hoffman it is extremely likely that they would’ve went after another player like Skinner, Pacioretty, Van Riemsdyk, Kessel, Neal and there might very well be other guys that are available. Right now there are tons of players on the market that bring similar value to what Hoffman brings, you SHOULD KNOW that if a team doesn’t acquire Hoffman, they will very likely acquire another player that will have the same impact given the current state of the market.

This is not on Melnyk, this is 100% on Dorion. Who cares if he was ‘’instructed’’ not to trade Hoffman to Florida? His job is to make the moves that make the most sense for the ****ing team. Anyone with half a brain would be able to explain how this make absolutely no sense to the person that ‘’instructed’’ Dorion to make a trade out of the division.

It’s absolutely incredible that this is where we are at right now.

Here we f***ing go with the whole "asset management" garbage. We got a decent roster player. That's better than a few late picks.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Here we ****ing go with the whole "asset management" garbage. We got a decent roster player. That's better than a few late picks.

We got a bad 3rd liner, not a decent roster player. A few late picks is better than Boedker. 31 points, 3rd-worst possession on the Sharks, and terrible defensively. Look at his shot charts for the past few years:

Also, this would appear to show that his chemistry with Duchene ain't that hot, at least as far as quality chances for/against:

Reactions: branch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->