Fire On Ice

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Hockey ice resurfacer bursts into flames, crazy video shows
By Mark Fischer
October 14, 2020 | 11:09pm | Updated

An ice resurfacer burst into flames while being operated at a hockey rink Wednesday in Rochester, according to multiple reports.

No one was hurt.

Youth hockey players, who were not on the ice at the time of the incident, and other onlookers could be heard yelling as they watched the ice resurfacer catch fire at Bill Gray’s Regional Iceplex on the campus of Monroe Community College. ...

Read more at: https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/video-shows-zamboni-catching-on-fire-at-hockey-rink/

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Yikes. I did not see the driver bail out either before that clip ended! I hope he is ok. I guess "no one was hurt" means he was ok. Have been to that rink for tournaments. It's a crazy visual for sure! :eek:

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Yikes. I did not see the driver bail out either before that clip ended! I hope he is ok. I guess "no one was hurt" means he was ok. ...
The full length video shows him driving the machine through the dasher board doors & off the ice with the fire still raging. The guy is either Superman or a raving lunatic.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Props to the driver for trying to complete a lap
Wonder what was going through his head? If he left it flaming on the ice I guess he'd have ended up with a bunch more work at some point fixing the crater it would leave. Or was he actively trying to save the people in the building from a potentially bigger fire or alarms or sprinkler systems going off or something by getting it out of there? Heroic, oblivious... :dunno:

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Wonder what was going through his head? If he left it flaming on the ice I guess he'd have ended up with a bunch more work at some point fixing the crater it would leave. Or was he actively trying to save the people in the building from a potentially bigger fire or alarms or sprinkler systems going off or something by getting it out of there? Heroic, oblivious... :dunno:
I assume he was trying to save the ice. A noble deed was done....hang your hat on that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad