Fire Ken Holland

Status
Not open for further replies.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Holland isn’t the problem. Chiarelli left the team without depth and in cap hell. Next season we finally have the cap to actually address team needs.

These boards suck after a loss. Everyone was for the most part pleased with what Holland did this off season with limited/little actual cap space.

10 games later. Fire Holland. All his moves suck. What’s that saying about hindsight? If you crapped on the deals when they happen then hey have at it. Take a bow whatever. If you didn’t go cheer for Markstrom and the Flames.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Holland isn’t the problem. Chiarelli left the team without depth and in cap hell. Next season we finally have the cap to actually address team needs.

These boards suck after a loss. Everyone was for the most part pleased with what Holland did this off season with limited/little actual cap space.

10 games later. Fire Holland. All his moves suck. What’s that saying about hindsight? If you crapped on the deals when they happen then hey have at it. Take a bow whatever. If you didn’t go cheer for Markstrom and the Flames.
It’s always next year with this team. Who are we going to sign? And more importantly, how are we going to shed our slew of awful contracts, some of which were added under Holland?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
It’s always next year with this team. Who are we going to sign? And more importantly, how are we going to shed our slew of awful contracts, some of which were added under Holland?

25 million in cap space verses 7 this season. If you can’t see that alone opens options via UFA or trade I can’t help you.

I knew someone would throw that always next season thing out. Typical. What do you actually expect Holland to have accomplished to this past off season without cap?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
How happy would you be if Markstrom agreed to 5x7?

I would have been f***ing livid.
he's a legit starter, something we haven't had since Roloson FFS
tough pill sure...but we win tonight with him in the net instead of the goaltending Holland cobbled together this year

it'll doom their season if things don't change...mark my words

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
What do you mean shed?

Khaira, Chiasson, Russell, Pouliot, Smith.

That's like 10 mil gone just on expiring deals and Russell going from 4 to 1.25

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
he's a legit starter, something we haven't had since Roloson FFS
tough pill sure...but we win tonight with him in the net instead of the goaltending Holland cobbled together this year

it'll doom their season if things don't change...mark my words

I wanted them to trade a first for Kuemper instead (Markstrom will likely look bad in 2-3 seasons at most)

From what it sounded like Armstrong was asking for too much for any and all of his assets this offseason.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
This team is objectively worse than last year, and on par with the failures that Peter Chiarelli built. Holland is the one to blame for nearly every factor that has led us to this point, from the awful goaltending to the poor depth on D to our dinosaur of a coach still having a job.

It’s time for Katz to step in before McDavid demands a trade. He’s wasting his career here with each passing game.
lol what

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I'm sure Connor and Leon love to hear that next year the Oilers will be half-decent
it only took 8 years in the league to get there!

Welcome to reality I guess cause there was no making them a contender instantly after the situation Chiarelli left the team in.

There is no short term fix for the team. There’s too many holes and no cap space.

You guys literally want to fire Holland for the mess of a former GM. There’s not a single GM right now that turns this around this season with limited tradable assets and no cap space. The long game is the only viable play. Not saying I like it or Conor or Draisaitl do but that’s the reality of the situation.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Welcome to reality I guess cause there was no making them a contender instantly after the situation Chiarelli left the team in.

There is no short term fix for the team. There’s too many holes and no cap space.
I don't think being better than 3 teams in the division is asking for a "contender"
they should be "average" at least

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
yes we know, trades are hard

best to bring back two inconsistent and shaky goalies who can't come up with a big save as proven in the play-ins...maybe this time it'll be different!

Chiarelli extended Koskinen to that brutal contract so he wasn’t going anywhere. I didn’t want Smith back but he tried for Markstrom and Greiss. They both decided to sign elsewhere. Maybe if we had more cap available he could have convinced Markstrom to sign but just as likely everywhere would have been complaining a year or two into said contract that he overpaid a UFA goalie.

Reactions: TB12

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Chiarelli extended Koskinen to that brutal contract so he wasn’t going anywhere. I didn’t want Smith back but he tried for Markstrom and Greiss. They both decided to sign elsewhere. Maybe if we had more cap available he could have convinced Markstrom to sign but just as likely everywhere would have been complaining a year or two into said contract that he overpaid a UFA goalie.
I wonder if the Flames are mad they signed Markstrom to a long contract after they stole 2 points from us....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad