Fire Hakstol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Off topic: @boxcar65 has been missing in action from what I have seen. Is he packing his bags to follow Manning?

He's doing his Rocky IV workout to get ready to ref basketball in the autumn.

2e8f964bd81de805bbd1311834af3da1aed590f6_hq.gif

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Good evening. Yes, I’m still alive. I’ve been reffing AAU basketball tournaments every weekend, working my butt off on my job, and spending time with my 2yr old grandson. I’m still in mourning over Mandog, but he will turn up somewhere after July 1.

Hope all is well with everyone. I shall return.
Are you going to leave us to follow manning

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Good evening. Yes, I’m still alive. I’ve been reffing AAU basketball tournaments every weekend, working my butt off on my job, and spending time with my 2yr old grandson. I’m still in mourning over Mandog, but he will turn up somewhere after July 1.

Hope all is well with everyone. I shall return.

giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Just here to remind everyone that Andrew MacDonald is a "top 4 defenseman in this league" - per our wonderful coach who always dresses the "best available" players.

If I had a coach who told the truth to the media, I'd fire him immediately.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
If I had a coach who told the truth to the media, I'd fire him immediately.
The acrobats necessary to justify if some Flyer official is telling the truth or lying is outstanding. At any given moment, it's obvious one lies to the media. But there's an overall plan that's been told to the same media, and that should be taken as truth.

Seriously, that's hella lame.

Terry Murray saying the Flyers choked in the SCF got him fired, that's an example of too much truth.
If a coach says he thinks a player is a top 4D in the league, and that's the truth, if that player is booty, the coach should probably be fired. HEY! WE AGREE! HAKSTOL SHOULD BE FIRED! (I wonder if Hakstol was lying to the media when the Flyers were in the losing streak and things to the effect of, "We're not happy about it," were said.)

There is coach speak to protect players, and if Hakstol was doing that, it's a missive at best. Hakstol has doubled down on stupid for a long time regarding AMac. He's not lying when he gives platitudes. He doesn't say TK needs to work on his game, then give him the most TOI in the next outing.

Basically, you're in a Fire Hakstol thread. The read of the room is that Hakstol should be fired. Contrary opinions are not likely to sway favor.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It was "top 3-4", i.e. second pairing. Which is where MacDonald has played this entire decade under multiple coaches. So if you think Hakstol is the only coach who views him that way, you're wrong. Or just look at Girardi getting a top 4 role (ahead of Coburn) under Cooper this year. The league has a lot of 2nd pairing dmen with poor possession numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad