Not open for further replies.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
tenor-24.gif

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
well.....observing the most UNINSPIRED NHL hockey I've EVER seen by a Flyers team last year.....

and I've been watching them for a WHILE .....had season tix for over 33 yrs.....

he had to do something :cool:

geez.....imagine :laugh:

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
well.....observing the most UNINSPIRED NHL hockey I've EVER seen by a Flyers team last year.....

and I've been watching them for a WHILE .....had season tix for over 33 yrs.....

he had to do something :cool:

geez.....imagine :laugh:
Accurate

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
Man you gotta stop. There's no way to justify

Out:
  • Ghost
  • Jake
  • 3 prime assets( a 1st and 2 2nds)
  • 2 lottery tickets( value of Hagg and a 7th)
In:

• Atkinson
  • Rasmus
  • All mighty cap space
We gave up the better player in both deals and pissed away 5 assets on top of it. At this point it's just turd polishing.
sparkleturd.gif

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I’m sure he’ll be fired if it doesn’t work out next year. He got the green light and did his thing. I think the future of the Flyers depends a lot on next season. If they are still mediocre, then you have to think about trading Couturier and rebuilding.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Man you gotta stop. There's no way to justify

Out:
  • Ghost
  • Jake
  • 3 prime assets( a 1st and 2 2nds)
  • 2 lottery tickets( value of Hagg and a 7th)
In:

• Atkinson
  • Rasmus
  • All mighty cap space
We gave up the better player in both deals and pissed away 5 assets on top of it. At this point it's just turd polishing.

Only thing I miss is #13, but I don't think there was a Farabee available in this year's draft.

Ghost is a shadow of himself and Voracek is empty scoring, I don't think their leaving will have any real impact on this team.
Atkinson v Voracek is a slight edge to Cam according to the almighty advanced metrics, but I think the real edge is culture, Atkinson will be a much better role model on what is still a very young team. Higher motor.
Risto??? Who knows. But he basically replaces Myers, is only 2 years older and similar skill set.

Culture matters a lot for this team b/c the future is now, they need the young kids to start stepping up, and part of that is establishing a culture based on work ethic and high motor and smart hockey, not just finesse and skill.

The game has changed, but not to a wide open track meet, but one that emphasizes 200 foot play. As I predicted a couple years ago, when they changed rule enforcement to speed up the game, the smurfs got a short-term advantage, but as the slow dinosaurs exited the game, the windows got tighter and forecheckers with speed began to neutralize the smurfs with skill. Now you need a balance, as Toronto shows, you can't win with a few offensive superstars, you also need a solid bottom six. TB realized this and put together the best forechecking line in the game.

The Red Queen rules.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Only thing I miss is #13, but I don't think there was a Farabee available in this year's draft.

Ghost is a shadow of himself and Voracek is empty scoring, I don't think their leaving will have any real impact on this team.
Atkinson v Voracek is a slight edge to Cam according to the almighty advanced metrics, but I think the real edge is culture, Atkinson will be a much better role model on what is still a very young team. Higher motor.
Risto??? Who knows. But he basically replaces Myers, is only 2 years older and similar skill set.

Culture matters a lot for this team b/c the future is now, they need the young kids to start stepping up, and part of that is establishing a culture based on work ethic and high motor and smart hockey, not just finesse and skill.

The game has changed, but not to a wide open track meet, but one that emphasizes 200 foot play. As I predicted a couple years ago, when they changed rule enforcement to speed up the game, the smurfs got a short-term advantage, but as the slow dinosaurs exited the game, the windows got tighter and forecheckers with speed began to neutralize the smurfs with skill. Now you need a balance, as Toronto shows, you can't win with a few offensive superstars, you also need a solid bottom six. TB realized this and put together the best forechecking line in the game.

The Red Queen rules.

Your entire closing paragraph should put you in the "Fire AV" camp

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017

The Red Queen rules.
I don't have a problem with a culture change but it's quite clear he hitched his horse to AV who didn't like Ghost or Jake. He clearly downgraded on both players and paid through the nose doing it.

Chuckles gave up half of our top 6 assets the next 3 drafts and we still don't know if G or Couts are going to resign. Those 2 2mds could be top 40 picks on top of the ridiculous 8 year extension Rasmus is going to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->