Fire Deboer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Sick of this clueless idiot. I hope after this year he gets canned. So many roster choices that are questionable. Scratching Meier who has looked like one of the better forwards... :rant:

Don't get me started on the PP

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't stand DeBoer, but it would be really bushleague to fire him.

His buddy Spott really needs to be up for review.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Sutter is available so I wouldn't be mad if DW would fire DeBoer but I don't think that will happen. But Spott should be fired tomorrow.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Sutter is available so I wouldn't be mad if DW would fire DeBoer but I don't think that will happen. But Spott should be fired tomorrow.

Sutter is only worth it if we win the Cup. Sutter hockey is ugly to watch. This roster is too old and I doubt Sutter can do anything with it. We don't exactly have prime Kopitar and Doughty.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
A year away from the franchise's first final appearance... Not a chance it happens unless there's an actual rebuild (yeah right) and steps away voluntarily.

Fire Wilson instead. Burke too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hire Lindy Ruff. At least the team will be fun to watch even if they lose.

Oh god no!

I think he's really overrated. Buffalo stuck with him too long and it really over-inflated his reputation.

I fully expected Buffalo to can him right around the time of the 04-05 lockout. They stuck with him and then the team got good again for the next few years and it just went on even longer.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I've had it with this ****ing clown. Questionable decisions and incompetent assistant special team staff. Starting Haley over more deserving players. STILL ICING WARD when he's been useless for most of the series. Failure to adjust until it's too ****ing late.

God damn!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've had it with this ****ing clown. Questionable decisions and incompetent assistant special team staff. Starting Haley over more deserving players. STILL ICING WARD when he's been useless for most of the series. Failure to adjust until it's too ****ing late.

God damn!

I always thought he adjusted too slow in the past when he was with the Devils.

As much as I can't stand Boedker and hope this was his last game in Teal (see my title), I was annoyed when he was scratched. It's almost like DeBoer prefers slow players. Needed as much speed as we could have gotten in this series.

Still think it's bushleague to fire him after this.

My personal prediction is DeBoer might make it through the rest of Doug Wilson's tenure. Whenever that could be. Whether it's one, two, or four years from now. I don't think it will be over after this year.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
A year away from the franchise's first final appearance... Not a chance it happens unless there's an actual rebuild (yeah right) and steps away voluntarily.

Fire Wilson instead. Burke too.

Really? I thought DW did a pretty damn good job in building the team this year, on paper it was an improvement in a majority of our weaknesses from last year, I don't think it's his fault that the team was as bi-polar as it was.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
I always thought he adjusted too slow in the past when he was with the Devils.

As much as I can't stand Boedker and hope this was his last game in Teal (see my title), I was annoyed when he was scratched. It's almost like DeBoer prefers slow players. Needed as much speed as we could have gotten in this series.

Still think it's bushleague to fire him after this.

My personal prediction is DeBoer might make it through the rest of Doug Wilson's tenure. Whenever that could be. Whether it's one, two, or four years from now. I don't think it will be over after this year.

In that case, they better fire Spott. The PP was a travesty

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are Spott and PDB really that inseparable?

Probably not.

It just seems like Spott will be the Woodcroft to DeBoer. Assistants under Todd came and went, but Jay was always here with him. Then they went out together and Todd brought Jay to Edmonton with him.

They were both together in Detroit too, before they came here.

I don't really think DeBoer is gonna resign if Spott is canned though, but he probably will vouch with him until that pink slip makes it into Spott's hands.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
IMO can't fire deboer without replacing some or all of the assistants first. He deserves at least that chance.

Sutter is only worth it if we win the Cup. Sutter hockey is ugly to watch. This roster is too old and I doubt Sutter can do anything with it. We don't exactly have prime Kopitar and Doughty.

We do have primeish Burns, Vlasic, Hertl and Couture though. That is plenty to work with, plus having Thornton and Marleau for depth.

Would there be any way to work him in as a defensive coach? Burns needs to improve his defensive game a lot. Would he accept that?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Deboer did a pretty awful job this year. He tried so hard to recapture the magic from last year he forgot to be innovative and find another way. There were a lot of problems with the team this year, but having a coach magnify flaws instead of addressing them or at least hiding them was really stupid. I really feel like this was a wasted season.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Deboer did a pretty awful job this year. He tried so hard to recapture the magic from last year he forgot to be innovative and find another way. There were a lot of problems with the team this year, but having a coach magnify flaws instead of addressing them or at least hiding them was really stupid. I really feel like this was a wasted season.

Oddly enough if he was doing that, he was wrong about what the magic was last season.

The magic was hertl-thornton-pavelski being arguably the best line in the league. Everything else flowed from that.

Keeping hertl on line 3 the whole season is arguably the reason the team had offensive problems this season.

Hertl for whatever reason does not seem to be able to create scoring from the center position. But as a havoc-maker with the joes, they can create so much more scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->