FIRE COLBY COHEN!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don’t think that only people who have played 1500 NHL games are qualified to analyze a game & offer criticism. Mike Keenan & Ken Hitchcock played zero NHL games; doesn’t mean they couldn’t analyze it.

Not saying they have to.

But he acts like he has, including mentioning at some point what it was like coming into Philadelphia for a playoff series in the NHL that he was involved in. I still have no idea when he was talking about.

rajaampat

Jan 11, 2019
I actually saw him play during his brief stint with the Royals a few years back.. not a bad player at that level.
Not everyone is a natural for being on screen and frankly would rather listen to someone learning the commentators skills who played the game as a pro even in the AHL than Blustering Barkan. Hope Colby is watching his broadcast on DVR and working on his skills, the same anyone learns to be better at their job..
I bet he has a good paying day gig aside from this.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Not saying they have to.

But he acts like he has, including mentioning at some point what it was like coming into Philadelphia for a playoff series in the NHL that he was involved in. I still have no idea when he was talking about.

He was a black ace for the Bruins in 2011, so he would have been practicing and traveling with the team throughout their Cup run that season. He wasn't on the ice, but he certainly was around the team and in the building.

Evergreen

For some reason, I still remember an HF poster from over a decade ago claiming to know Colby Cohen and calling him a spoiled brat.

Edit: Found it.
I played with and against Colby growing up. He was definitely one of the biggest douchebags I’ve ever encountered. His dad was super involved all the time too.

I was very much ready to hate him when I heard he was going to be in the studio. But I actually find his insight pretty good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->