FIRE COLBY COHEN!

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
We got rid of smug face Hakstok…….I want bug eyed pork chop combed hair Colby Cohen out!

He's really unbearable.....

BZN-wnqIUAAOJOI.jpg:large

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hes not that prominent for me to give a **** about one way or another.

Pre and Post shows were not worth watching before him and they wont be worth watching after him.

Fair enough but his googly eyes are prominent and even if exposure to him is limited or completely non-existent for some fans ...I think he is by far the most annoying commentator the Flyers have ever had. I don't know how he passed his interview.....

Reactions: kelmitchell

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
They should just scrap the entire pre/postgame show.

The hosts are usually terrible, the "talent" is irrelevant, although I don't mind Therien. Honestly the only thing I can tolerate is Taryn
Therien is seriously one of the worst ive ever heard to, the only thing as an announcer that was good was when he ripped crosby

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Therien is seriously one of the worst ive ever heard to, the only thing as an announcer that was good was when he ripped crosby
I mean that’s this organizations mo though. Break your face with a puck, guaranteed coaching position. Talk ish on a rival, guaranteed broadcast position. Part of a cup winning team, continue with a guaranteed job until dementia takes over (sorry if that ones offensive to anyone...).

With that said, I do not see any redeeming qualities for Colby.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Barkann is certainly a bigger issue than Cohen.

What a blowhard.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Barkann is clever & has personality; about as good of a studio guy as you’ll find anywhere.

People seem to hate Cohen because he’s willing to point out mistakes by anyone on the team, not just the whipping boys, but also the golden boys.

Well, don’t criticize JJ & Jonesy & Clement for being homers if you can’t tolerate Cohen.

I don’t know what people expect. I suppose they only want to hear announcers & studio analysts who whip the whipping boys and kiss the asses of the golden boys.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Barkann is clever & has personality; about as good of a studio guy as you’ll find anywhere.

People seem to hate Cohen because he’s willing to point out mistakes by anyone on the team, not just the whipping boys, but also the golden boys.

Well, don’t criticize JJ & Jonesy & Clement for being homers if you can’t tolerate Cohen.

I don’t know what people expect. I suppose they only want to hear announcers & studio analysts who whip the whipping boys and kiss the asses of the golden boys.

I also don't know what people expect out of anything. Cohen is a perfectly harmless young analyst. He sits there. He wears suits. He says stuff. You agree with him or don't. He knows the game pretty well. He's local. Whatever.

Like, what do people expect from local broadcast sports pregame and postgame shows?

It seems like every sports fan is under the impression that they could do any job in sports media, and that everyone who actually does that job is an idiot.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

I can't stand Cohen because he acts like he played 1,500 games in the League.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I can't stand Cohen because he acts like he played 1,500 games in the League.
I don’t think that only people who have played 1500 NHL games are qualified to analyze a game & offer criticism. Mike Keenan & Ken Hitchcock played zero NHL games; doesn’t mean they couldn’t analyze it.

Reactions: AnimalFear

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I expect people who can talk about hockey and analyze what they're watching without sounding like idiots.

Maybe I'm just naive.

Unfortunately our broadcast team doesn't clear that very low bar.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad