"Fire Chia" chant at every remaining game, at the 5 minute mark of each period.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
No... it really wouldn't. Katz won't be substituting his champagne for sparkling wine any time soon, and with a draw like McDavid, there will always be a waiting list.

There's only one way to sway a billionaire, and that's by publicly embarrassing him. Any kind of protest that will make headlines on all the sports shows, and become a topic of conversation in the hockey world, would most likely do the trick. (Suggestion: Off the top of my head, large signs or a billboard reading "SELL IT TO SOMEONE WHO CARES, DARYL", complete with a picture of his face, of course). Stay away from something as unremarkable as "Fire Chiarelli' (though that's the goal)... to make waves it must be clever, memorable, personal, and embarrassing.

A few dozen determined season ticket holders could have Chiarelli finally booted into ECHL obscurity in a matter of days... but alas, like the owner himself, few of them really care about the hockey.

I could really change the world... if I cared. - Ricky Gervais

Something to the effect of "We were going to write something shaming Chiarelli on here, but then we realized his body of work was embarrassing enough" with a big QR code to a list of his trades on one side.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
A fire Chia chant with 5 min left after every period would be pretty classless and distasteful.

As truly dedicated Oilers fans as you all are, creating a toxic and stressful environment for families who are there purely for the entertainment isn't what I want to see. I really hope this doesn't happen.

I really hope these desperate moves Chiarelli has done works out. I really really do. Chiarelli needs to take action before a desperate situation arises, not after.

Even if some miracle does happen and they make the playoffs, I can't see him sticking around. I think he still gets fired.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
A fire Chia chant with 5 min left after every period would be pretty classless and distasteful.

As truly dedicated Oilers fans as you all are, creating a toxic and stressful environment for families who are there purely for the entertainment isn't what I want to see. I really hope this doesn't happen.

I really hope these desperate moves Chiarelli has done works out. I really really do. Chiarelli needs to take action before a desperate situation arises, not after.

Even if some miracle does happen and they make the playoffs, I can't see him sticking around. I think he still gets fired.

The situation was "desperate" a year ago this time. We're blew past "desperate" about 300 km back and are well on the way to Saskatoon now, lol.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002

Reading some of these comments, I'm becoming convinced that the reason Chiarelli can't manage a hockey team is because he's spending all his time creating Hockey's Future profiles to defend himself.

Reactions: Aerrol and TB12

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
That is the only effect they care about.
When ticket sales dry up, change will happen. Until then, no matter what you chant, if you are at the game you are part of the problem.

Yup, if you are a season tickets holder beyond this year, you are part of the problem. Really, if you were dumb enough to buy season tickets this year, you are likely part of the problem as well - but I'm willing to give people a chance.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

Sorry but fans like you are apart of the problem and why this organization still has Lowe and Mact on the payroll. As if chanting Fire Chia is going to effect blissfully ignorant people at the game who probably don't even know who he is or that it'll create more of a toxic environment in the arena than losing the majority of all your games would be.

Reactions: TB12

SullivanT

May 9, 2015
Edmonton
Cancelling your season tickets would have a bigger effect.
I canceled mine after last season after having them for 12 years. My quality of life has improved significantly best decision I've ever made. They don't deserve any more money from me or anyone for that matter until they fix something. Year after year they increase prices to obscene amounts and continue to give the same shit product.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
or ... you know .... don't go to the games at all. Nobody cares if your paying for it.

Its like buying a hotdog and then rounding around in a circle yelling .... "I hate this hotdog!"

What did hot dogs do to deserve this scorn? Its the 20buck Nicholson burgers people should spit out. you're just paying for 15bucks of burger audit and comprehensive analysis.

Dohilers

Dec 18, 2011
BC
At this point, I kind of hope Chiarelli stays. I think he's doing a terrible job, but it's entertaining watching so-called grown-ups get so worked up about how other adults are playing a game amongst themselves.

lucicwaivers

Dec 31, 2018

As dedicated fans they deserve better - management that is dedicated to winning. People that have a clue - after a recent playoff drought of 10 years you would expect the team to be better right? Chia has downselled the team on every trade. There is no action to be taken, Chiarelli has already traded away all the valueable players for pocket change and overpayed Lucic. There's nothing the Oilers have left to offer.
They are back in a rebuilding stage. You can't trade away your best players, sign a 4th liner lucic to 6 million and expect to be a competitive organization. The personal have been downgraded heavily on the team. A team can't be built around 2 players while you trade the rest for pocket change.

If every trade the GM makes is questionable, and it looks like the Oilers are losing the trade, that is a sign the GM needs to change fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad