Fire Bowman

Should Stan the Man be fried?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I would not be disappointed if he was fired but I don't think it will happen.

Seems to me that the recent organization changes in the front office was a result of Bowman winning the power struggle that was happening between presumably his side and Mcd's (who was fired) side.

that tells me that ownership likes Stans plan and to be fair the hawks were the youngest team in the NHL playoffs and they are making strides.

its more likely that we see a new coach but even then I am am not sure that will be the case.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I think thye need to revamp the pro scouting and contracts dept. draft and UFA euro agents we have been good with trades and contracts have really been his down fall. Nobody will ever know how much input MCD had. some say a lot on contracts and roster trades. no idea. I did hear to many people had a say in roster trades.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
I think thye need to revamp the pro scouting and contracts dept. draft and UFA euro agents we have been good with trades and contracts have really been his down fall. Nobody will ever know how much input MCD had. some say a lot on contracts and roster trades. no idea. I did hear to many people had a say in roster trades.

i don’t think MCD had a ton of power but he certainly wielded it when it came with the big established players as they seemed to sign them all to above market deals (save for maybe Bickell)

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We have seen other contending teams with stars able to manage the cap and stay very competitive. Three straight years in the crapper with no end in sight. A team with high paid vets, very young and unproven players, and a collection of low talent roster filler. Small, slow, not that highly skilled, not physical, poor coaching staff chosen by Bowman. I don’t understand the love by some for him and wonder how many more years it will take to admit a new direction is needed. Now the latest is blame it all on McD. Hey, maybe Bowman told Colliton to play Quenneville last night and give him big minutes? If you can blame all the bad moves on McD and say Bowman is now fully in charge then why is it not feasible Bowman put out the directive to play Quenneville last night? No way that was solely Colliton’s call.

Will he get fired? No. Will he fire his hand picked coach? Likely not. The entire slate needs to be wiped clean, fresh ideas and fresh tactics. I expect Bowman to come out and give Colliton praise, say he did a great job these last few weeks and is growing into a solid NHL coach. He is very happy with him, blah blah. Nothing is changing but both positions should change.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
The disconnect between him and JC should get him fired alone.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He’s had enough rope at this point.

I’d let him go unless he committed fully and transparently to a rebuild.

No more half-pregnant mediocre bullshit.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
He’s had enough rope at this point.

I’d let him go unless he committed fully and transparently to a rebuild.

No more half-pregnant mediocre bullshit.
You trust him with a rebuild? I don’t, and I don’t think he should get the time a rebuild will take. Giving him the keys to a rebuild means sticking with him for several more years without accountability. I like your first point, he has had enough rope. Leave a rebuild to someone with fresh ideas, a new direction.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I just feel like this is the normal down cycle of a successful team with the hard cap and so many long term contracts. They are not too many additions away from competing, I just don't know if it will happen before Kane, Keith and Toews are useless.

Sure there is bound to be pain after the SC's bit it's not normal at all to last for half a decade and counting.
How many years will this normalcy last? 7, 8, 10?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
wasn't it confirmed by one of the writers that McD was basically the one who pushed to call up Boqvist and everyone else wanted to keep him down to continue to develop?
There are also writers out there who say Trump is a great guy and president. This McD is behind all the bad moves stuff and Bowman the GM is innocent is far fetched and probably pushed back door to the press by Bowman cronies and Bowman himself. We don’t know, but when it comes to personnel moves the GM has to take the heat for them, good or bad.

Reactions: coolhand

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
There are also writers out there who say Trump is a great guy and president. This McD is behind all the bad moves stuff and Bowman the GM is innocent is far fetched and probably pushed back door to the press by Bowman cronies and Bowman himself. We don’t know, but when it comes to personnel moves the GM has to take the heat for them, good or bad.

This is just a bad analogy.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
not absolving Bowman and I agree with you, but when your boss overrides you and meddles, at some point you will lose that fight

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
We have seen other contending teams with stars able to manage the cap and stay very competitive.

The only one I can think of is the Bruins and their stars took hometown discounts and even they missed a couple of playoffs in between cup runs and had some early exits. Kane, Toews and Seabrook didn't take discounts. We also have more cups than Boston. All of the Hawks' contemporaries are heading into to rebuilds or coming out of one. Even the Pens seem to be where we were a couple of years ago except their stars are older than Kane and Toews.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The only one I can think of is the Bruins and their stars took hometown discounts and even they missed a couple of playoffs in between cup runs and had some early exits. Kane, Toews and Seabrook didn't take discounts. We also have more cups than Boston. All of the Hawks' contemporaries are heading into to rebuilds or coming out of one. Even the Pens seem to be where we were a couple of years ago except their stars are older than Kane and Toews.
Not really this hard a drop, especially with vet players still having prime years. Whatever its not a free pass to have 3 sure fire hall of famers and still drop to one of the worst teams in the NHL for 3 years with no end in sight.

If it was a free pass for Bowman then was Q to blame? And I am not saying Q should have stayed, his expiry date had passed. So has Bowman‘s, every GM and coach has one. I just don’t understand how everyone else but Bowman is to blame, why he should get a free pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad