Fire AV, Fire Sather. This is a bad hockey team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
The lamenting over Dubinsky and Anisimov is romanticizing at its finest. When they were here they were whipping boys the majority of games they played. It's easy to talk about how much you miss a player when they aren't here contributing to the problem. Memory loss must be contagious these days.

Rick Nash is still 10x the player either of them are. You can't say he has no heart or fire because he was the crux of it in Columbus.

There is no definitive answer to what will fix this team but it starts with getting rid of the dead weight and letting the core of this team build chemistry and identity together. The only thing Arty and Dubi brought you cannot replace is a bond with their fellow teammates built over time.

Bring the kids up and let them start bonding with the old core and each other through what will probably be a rough year. The constant turnover and gutting of the bottom six is destroying any chance for this team to coalesce. There are too many new faces right now from the team to management and that lack of comfort and familiarity is hurting them on and off the ice. This is a good time to plug holes with prospects. If this team is going to play like garbage every night, at least let it be together as a group that has a future in New York. There is no point in letting this team build a bond with guys who the writing is on the wall for.

Pyatt, Pouliot, Moore, Asham. These guys have no future here. Move them and bring the prospects in so they can start helping the rest of this motley crew find some sort of indentity and fire.

Nov 5, 2007
Jersey City
Yes, years ending in the Stanley Cup Finals tend to be long.

Give me a healthy team up to speed on the new system 20 games in, and if they still play like this then I'll be worried. Until then, we have all the pieces and they will come together

Not even bad teams play this bad. This is worse than bad. This isnt just "learning a new system." This is learning how to play hockey 101.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
and there you have it. RB has spoken.

Dubinsky was thrown into every trade proposal during the 11-12 by people here. Bobby Ryan. Rick Nash.

Anisimov was criticized for not much doing outside of the first 30-40 games in 11-12. He played left wing with Stepan and Gaborik.

Both of them were inconsistent players.

Now these guys are the reasons why the Rangers stink.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
Wait....is it true Asham took the other guys helmet off and his as well?

This team has reached a whole new level of stupidity.

My dad woke up to see me off before I go to work this morning just to say he finally agrees that they are the New York Pejorative Slurs.
Yes, the guy he fought asked him to do so, goon smartness. :nod:

Block More Shots

Jul 19, 2005
NJ
I remember hearing that AV gave the Vancouver lockerroom more "control" in that he wouldn't constantly be all over them; he would let them run the show themselves. I wonder if that is what he is trying to implement here? If this is true, then this group needs to prove that they can handle that. If they cannot, AV has to essentially take greater control of this team and direct them appropriately. Vancouver had the talent up-and-down the lineup to back up doing that, but I am not so sure with our group of guys.

I think the reason people are freaking out right now is that, not only are we losing, but we are getting destroyed in the process. These games are not even going to the end. Then again, Henrik can't do his job properly of giving this team a chance to win every night when he is being left out to dry consistently. The bottom line is that if this group is going to buy into this system and adjust accordingly (which I believe they will do over time), they absolutely NEED to commit to defensive play and support Henrik in the process. I don't think that is too much to ask, but who knows.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Just like we have a select few here lamenting over how we lost Stu Bickel's "toughness," we have an incredible amount of people writing revisionist history about Dubinsky and Anisimov and about how they were two warriors who never gave up. Huzzah!

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Fire AV? Who are we? Flyers?

Just when I thought these boards couldn't get any worse.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Even AV and the players are saying it's not just adjusting to the new system that are causing these problems. Other teams in the league don't get outplayed by this magnitude when they are learning a new system.

The players don't look mentally prepared to play hockey right now. I thought last year they didn't look prepared to start the season but it makes sense in a lockout year. There's absolutely no excuse as to why they would look that way now. What the hell were these players doing over the summer? They have seemed to forgotten how to execute even the most basic hockey plays.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Yes, years ending in the Stanley Cup Finals tend to be long.

Give me a healthy team up to speed on the new system 20 games in, and if they still play like this then I'll be worried. Until then, we have all the pieces and they will come together

we sooooo do not have all the pieces.

lol

we have all the pieces :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:cry:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
please stop with the dubi/arty stuff.

dubi was inconsistent and hardly a goal scorer. arty was a good solid 3c. neither guy would make one bit of difference right now.

gaby would help. hes a shooter and a finisher. something we are lacking.

expect some kind of shakeup soon. bring the kids up. we are too slow, too small and defensively, we look beyond clueless.

not a good recipe if winning games is your goal.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I think after 3-4 years Torts, this team has gotten accustomed to an aggressive coach, that lights a fire under their *****, who is constantly in their face.

AV is maybe to nice? He doesn't get taken seriously? :dunno: We need a guy with a scar on his face, going mental on the players.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Dubinsky is good player to have @ 2-3m. Not @ 4m+ scoring 10g.

One 50p season and he wanted to cash in. He flushed his career down the toilet in ny

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Dubinsky and Arty in terms of pure talent and points may not "be the issue". Dubi especially is "overpaid" which is a big reason why people here got on him so much. Hell I will call out myself I always loved Dubi but wanted to trade him for Nash/Ryan because I thought the team was that close and could absorb the loss. Lots of people felt that way.

But they along with Prust were just huge glue guys for this team. And that's something you can't just sign/trade for. I remember that season someone who worked at the Nassau Coliseum came on here and talked about how jealous he was of the Ranger group. How out of all the teams that came through they seemed to be the tightest knit. Maybe it's romanticizing, nostalgia. That team definitely caught their share of lucky breaks. But they were also one of the few teams that were fun to root for night in and night out for 82 games.

I don't know how to get back to that level of compete and cohesion but they need to.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Dubinsky and Arty in terms of pure talent and points may not "be the issue". Dubi especially is "overpaid" which is a big reason why people here got on him so much. Hell I will call out myself I always loved Dubi but wanted to trade him for Nash/Ryan because I thought the team was that close and could absorb the loss. Lots of people felt that way.

But they along with Prust were just huge glue guys for this team. And that's something you can't just sign/trade for. I remember that season someone who worked at the Nassau Coliseum came on here and talked about how jealous he was of the Ranger group. How out of all the teams that came through they seemed to be the tightest knit. Maybe it's romanticizing, nostalgia. That team definitely caught their share of lucky breaks. But they were also one of the few teams that were fun to root for night in and night out for 82 games.

I don't know how to get back to that level of compete and cohesion but they need to.

Dubinsky and Artie havn't been relevant for two season now. We need to move on from them. Dubi (albeit my favorite player at the time) could go invisible for stretches. Artie would seem lost on the ice. They are not the reason this team is dropping a turd every game.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
would like to pry Kyle Clifford out of LA and Andrew Shaw out of Chicago.

bring up Miller and my bottom 6 would look like:

Hagelin - Miller - Callahan
Clifford - Shaw - Dorsett

physicality, speed, skill and a tenacious get after the game attitude.

That would cause all sorts of havoc on opposing teams.

Richards, as well as he has been playing, is GONE. He could light it up for 100 points this season, GONE.

I would look to see what a package of Kreider and Staal could get. Needing a top line LW'er with size.

If we are going to look to change things, then you are going to have to sacrifice one core player to make the sort of impact we need to make.

Pyatt, Boyle, Asham, D. Moore, Zuccs, Pouliot are no longer with the team.

All are either To slow, to small, not skilled enough or the game has passed them by.

time to cut the dead flesh and inject some life into this franchise.

And I know that alot of posters here want to believe that we have a good scouting department, but we don't.

When Stepan, Callahan and Staal are the best guys this group has drafted since Sather has brought them on so long ago, you have a REAL problem with your scouting Dept.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Dubinsky and Artie havn't been relevant for two season now. We need to move on from them. Dubi (albeit my favorite player at the time) could go invisible for stretches. Artie would seem lost on the ice. They are not the reason this team is dropping a turd every game.

I know that. Like I said in terms of points, X's and O's, whatever they are not "the issue". They are not the reason why 95% of Ranger passes went to a Duck or their teammates' skates last night. But the complete lack of cohesion is a big part of the issue. Which began to dismantle when they were traded.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Dubinsky was frustrating and inconsistent, but he had a fiery personality and stood up for his teammates. It's not the skillset that's missed, it's the MINDSET and it was never replaced. Who is Dubi's equivalent on the roster right now? Pyatt? Pouliot? The two of them don't even have a pulse.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
What the hell were these players doing over the summer? They have seemed to forgotten how to execute even the most basic hockey plays.

This is what gets me. Players are supposed to work on their game over the summer and get better for the next year. I don't understand how Del Zotto still can't get a puck to the net from the blue line after years now. There are also so many other players on this team that just can't shoot the puck as well as an average player.

I'm not going to pretend that I know what its like to be in the NHL, but I just don't understand how these fundamental improvements never come.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Why are so many people searching for 1 or 2 moves that have caused this current calamity? If only we had Dubinsky and Anisimov? Seriously?

The garbage we are seeing is the culmination of several knee-jerk moves from this organization. There hasn't been a commitment to a vision for a long time around here, and now it seems the chickens are finally coming home to roost.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Everyone knows it is good to have homegrown talent, but you can't have a monkey doing the drafting.

Gordie Clark has been running the Rangers' draft and player development for years. Glad to see someone else knows he's part of the problem.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Gordie Clark has been running the Rangers' draft and player development for years. Glad to see someone else knows he's part of the problem.

now we are going to have the Clark apologists come in and lay the blame at Sathers feet.

watch it happen

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->