Fire AV, Fire Sather. This is a bad hockey team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

D713B

Mar 9, 2008
The following guys need to be sent down or traded ASAP
Pyatt he brings nothing to this team
Del Z go to the oilers and have fun your horrible
Boyle guy doesn't do anything well
Dom Moore game has passed him by
Stralman horrible in own zone afraid to hit
Asham. Haley is cheaper and hungrier

Sit hanks ass for 2 games and make him focus .. Yes d in front of him is horrible but my god the softies need to stop..

Get Kreider and Miller here now and roll four lines

Hey Dag, It's been awhile since I've been on here. Good to see you still around. You always had great insight.

But aren't guys like Boyle, Dom, Stralman and Asham the least of our worries? I agree, swap Asham for Haley. He'll immediately inject energy and toughness on the new NHL level. But the bottom six barely seems like the problem, no?

I'm also admittedly partial to Dom Moore. I know him personally and saw everything first hand that he went through but I still think he's a solid Fourth Line Center. Disagree?

Aug 2, 2005
New York, NY
fire AV? lol
This is a personnel issue.

This team went downhill when we flushed away our depth for Rick Nash, a born loser. We further cemented it when we traded Gaborik.
This is a firesale worthy team.

Trade Nash while he still has value
Trade Lundqvist before he leaves
Trade Staal to the Canes, Trade Girardi
Buyout Richards next year
Trade anyone over 26..

Rebuild this thing...

And you want the man responsible for those decisions handling that?

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
Of course it can be. You think this is just normal "growing pains"? ********. Look at what Torts is doing up in Vancouver. They've been great. So much for system concerns.

Yeah...these guy are pros (allegedly). The learning new system excuse goes so far.

D713B

Mar 9, 2008
Of course it can be. You think this is just normal "growing pains"? ********. Look at what Torts is doing up in Vancouver. They've been great. So much for system concerns.

Absolutely not, we're on the same page. This is far from growing pains. Someone responsible for personnel needs to be responsible. Cough...Sather....cough.

At the end of the day, system and strategy only works with the right people, no? We're on the same page.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
Hey Dag, It's been awhile since I've been on here. Good to see you still around. You always had great insight.

But aren't guys like Boyle, Dom, Stralman and Asham the least of our worries? I agree, swap Asham for Haley. He'll immediately inject energy and toughness on the new NHL level. But the bottom six barely seems like the problem, no?

I'm also admittedly partial to Dom Moore. I know him personally and saw everything first hand that he went through but I still think he's a solid Fourth Line Center. Disagree?

I really like Dom but to be honest he looks slow and that nasty lil edge is missing he had .. Haley for asham

Kreider for pyatt
Miller for Boyle
Bickel for del zotto I know people will laugh but some needs to hit someone in our own zone , the d is baby poop soft.

D713B

Mar 9, 2008
I really like Dom but to be honest he looks slow and that nasty lil edge is missing he had .. Haley for asham

Kreider for pyatt
Miller for Boyle
Bickel for del zotto I know people will laugh but some needs to hit someone in our own zone , the d is baby poop soft.

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by Dom, once he gets his legs back. I understand everyone's concern. But I was there during his rough personal time and I believe he'll return to form. I see this as an extended preseason for him. He'll get there.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
Absolutely not, we're on the same page. This is far from growing pains. Someone responsible for personnel needs to be responsible. Cough...Sather....cough.

At the end of the day, system and strategy only works with the right people, no? We're on the same page.

Of course. My problem with AV is that it was foolish to ever think we had the horses here to play the system he played in Vancouver.

Aug 2, 2005
New York, NY
Yeah if AV wants to run an offensive system, then there needs to be a big overhaul this summer.

Sather is incompetent. A team is built in the image of the head coach after a couple of seasons. The team makes conference finals, its most successful run since Sather was hired. He then proceeds to turn over half of the forwards from that team. Sure Nash is a really good player, but then, you have to make sure to replace the players you traded--either through prospect pool or by acquiring similar styled players in UFA or other trades. Sather then makes a couple more trades to correct his mistakes and to match his coach's style. He then fires that coach at year's end and brings in coach after a half-assed search who plays an entirely different style and expects things to go swimmingly. Is this oversimplified? You bet. Does it offer some legitimate criticism about the man? I think so. I think Vigneault is a good coach and could even be one here, but this collection of players does not suit his style.

D713B

Mar 9, 2008
Of course. My problem with AV is that it was foolish to ever think we had the horses here to play the system he played in Vancouver.

Agreed. I don't blame him for trying. Any headstrong person worth their salt is going to find out for themselves. I'll blame him when he fails to adjust and I'm not giving him a long leash for that purpose.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Sather is incompetent. A team is built in the image of the head coach after a couple of seasons. The team makes conference finals, its most successful run since Sather was hired. He then proceeds to turn over half of the forwards from that team. Sure Nash is a really good player, but then, you have to make sure to replace the players you traded--either through prospect pool or by acquiring similar styled players in UFA or other trades. Sather then makes a couple more trades to correct his mistakes and to match his coach's style. He then fires that coach at year's end and brings in coach after a half-assed search who plays an entirely different style and expects things to go swimmingly. Is this oversimplified? You bet. Does it offer some legitimate criticism about the man? I think so. I think Vigneault is a good coach and could even be one here, but this collection of players does not suit his style.

i think you summed things up quite nicely.

Drewbackatu*

20 games is fair...but man this is painful. Is it me or had MDZ just look like he's regressed?

Said it before and I'll say it again, DZ will never reach his potential because he has zero hockey smarts.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Dismantling a team to appease a coach, then firing that coach a few months later requires a special kind of idiocy.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
The Canucks PK is perfect so far this season. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, AV's record here in Vancouver had a lot to do with the Sedins in their prime. There were many times where he gets outcoached and never adjusted when the other team figured out his system. I've always thought he was a good coach behind an elite team when we made it to the finals.

He's not a very good motivator too, slow starts have been a common thing with the Canucks with AV behind the bench in all the years he's coached here. We thought it was just Luongo, but he's off to a good start this season.

Anyways good luck with AV!

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO

And people wonder why I was against the Nash trade, and against getting rid of Torts...

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
coaching and systems lol, they are definitely not this organizations issue. all systematic ideologies have their merit in this league. it all depends on roster. this franchise is rotten to the core from the ownership down. the hockey operations aspect of this team just isn't run like other more successful (and less successful) teams. from front office to the roster and players themselves this team sucks.

theJUMPER

Feb 25, 2012
fire AV? lol
This is a personnel issue.

This team went downhill when we flushed away our depth for Rick Nash, a born loser. We further cemented it when we traded Gaborik.
This is a firesale worthy team.

Trade Nash while he still has value
Trade Lundqvist before he leaves
Trade Staal to the Canes, Trade Girardi
Buyout Richards next year
Trade anyone over 26..

Rebuild this thing...

I know it's too early to blow it up, but if this team does blow it up, I hope they go the route you just posted and not half ass it.

Plus if this team is going to do a rebuild like this, Sather can not be a part of it. Like, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad