Fire AV, Fire Sather. This is a bad hockey team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
We have this thread every year, and we need it right now. Disgusting product out there. You get embarrassed 9-2 and come out the next game only to go down 3-0 next time in the first? Hell Sam Rosen himself even said, "This game could easily be 6-0."

Asham, how the **** do you not know that you're not allowed to take your own helmet off before a fight?! You have like one job, and you don't even know how to do it. That's like if a burger flipper didn't know it was against company policy rules to use his bare hands to flip the burgers.

And AV, you're not in Vancouver anymore. These forwards SUCK! Start coaching the team you have and not the team you want. As for Sather, Torts was doing what he was doing strat wise out of NECESSITY! Maybe you'll realize that after watching this crap, but the damage is already done. You gave up real team for Nash and then fired the one guy holding them together.

It's going to be a long year boys and girls.

Last edited:

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Obviously its too early to fire AV, but at what point is it no longer too early to fire AV? This team is such a complete mess right now, what if this goes on another 10 games? 15? If it gets to the point that the season is unrecoverable, how could you keep him?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
It's going to be a long year boys.

Yes, years ending in the Stanley Cup Finals tend to be long.

Give me a healthy team up to speed on the new system 20 games in, and if they still play like this then I'll be worried. Until then, we have all the pieces and they will come together

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
20 games is fair...but man this is painful. Is it me or had MDZ just look like he's regressed?

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Hey, if the ****** play gets Slats fired, that's worth it, right?

Unfortunately, I'm afraid Slats has attended every one of JD and the Straight Shot's shows, so he's not going anywhere until he decides it's time to retire.

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
The problem isn't AV. It all comes down to the roster.

AV is a good coach, but this roster just isn't getting it done. Stop acting like Torts is a savior and the only good coach in the league.

Anthony Eclair

Anthony Eclair
Jan 14, 2012
Although on some levels I agree with you, we can't fire AV too soon and you're probably ragequitting on the Rangers as I would think most fans feel like doing. It's understandable though no doubt

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Two years ago, when the original "bad hockey team" thread was posted, I disagreed. The team had trouble scoring and they were very undisciplined, but the effort was there and the games they lost were close. The defense was surprisingly solid without Staal and Lundqvist was spectacular.

Now, I am at a loss for words. It's unbelievable how quickly they went from a hard-working, tough as nails team to this nonsense.

Kel Varnsen

Sep 27, 2009
Two years ago, when the original "bad hockey team" thread was posted, I disagreed. The team had trouble scoring and they were very undisciplined, but the effort was there and the games they lost were close. The defense was surprisingly solid without Staal and Lundqvist was spectacular.

Now, I am at a loss for words. It's unbelievable how quickly they went from a hard-working, tough as nails team to this nonsense.

I agree with you on all those points.

D713B

Mar 9, 2008
I haven't been on this site in years but I felt compelled to come back...

It's too early to blame it on the coach. There's certainly enough evidence to place blame on the GM. This team as constructed, is not built to compete in today's NHL.

D713B

Mar 9, 2008
Can't blame AV for trying to implement his philosophy. He's a new coach with new personnel, there has to be a buffer for him to adjust his strategy.

Kel Varnsen

Sep 27, 2009
Can't blame AV for trying to implement his philosophy. He's a new coach with new personnel, there has to be a buffer for him to adjust his strategy.

This isn't a buffering or adjusting period. This is an incompetent period. He's not teaching them from torts system to a west coast offense or a 3-4 defense. He might as well be though because this isn't hockey I'm watching

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
14 goals in 4 1/2 periods.

I knew there would be some some growing pains but this is ridiculous.

They aren't even competitive.

Unwatchable. Disgusting.

D713B

Mar 9, 2008
This isn't a buffering or adjusting period. This is an incompetent period. He's not teaching them from torts system to a west coast offense or a 3-4 defense. He might as well be though because this isn't hockey I'm watching

Don't disagree, this team is disheveled. But the blame can't be on a new coach three games into the season. There's greater problems than system, especially a new system.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm usually not one to overreact...but I have NEVER seen anything like this. I'm almost hoping that I wake up tomorrow and find out Laviolette is our new coach...

Aug 2, 2005
New York, NY
14 goals in 4 1/2 periods.

I knew there would be some some growing pains but this is ridiculous.

They aren't even competitive.

Unwatchable. Disgusting.

"No, no, no. LAST year was unwatchable."-Glen Sather

And Vigneault switching lines up is the rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic analogy. Sather is the problem.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
The following guys need to be sent down or traded ASAP
Pyatt he brings nothing to this team
Del Z go to the oilers and have fun your horrible
Boyle guy doesn't do anything well
Dom Moore game has passed him by
Stralman horrible in own zone afraid to hit
Asham. Haley is cheaper and hungrier

Sit hanks ass for 2 games and make him focus .. Yes d in front of him is horrible but my god the softies need to stop..

Get Kreider and Miller here now and roll four lines

Kel Varnsen

Sep 27, 2009
Don't disagree, this team is disheveled. But the blame can't be on a new coach three games into the season. There's greater problems than system, especially a new system.

Of course it can be. You think this is just normal "growing pains"? ********. Look at what Torts is doing up in Vancouver. They've been great. So much for system concerns.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
fire AV? lol
This is a personnel issue.

This team went downhill when we flushed away our depth for Rick Nash, a born loser. We further cemented it when we traded Gaborik.
This is a firesale worthy team.

Trade Nash while he still has value
Trade Lundqvist before he leaves
Trade Staal to the Canes, Trade Girardi
Buyout Richards next year
Trade anyone over 26..

Rebuild this thing...

Dalagaze

Goalie Killer
Apr 6, 2012
NY
fire AV? lol
This is a personnel issue.

This team went downhill when we flushed away our depth for Rick Nash, a born loser. We further cemented it when we traded Gaborik.
This is a firesale worthy team.

Trade Nash while he still has value
Trade Lundqvist before he leaves
Trade Staal to the Canes, Trade Girardi
Buyout Richards next year
Trade anyone over 26..

Rebuild this thing...

Yeah if AV wants to run an offensive system, then there needs to be a big overhaul this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->