Finnish police suspect Jori Lehtera connected to a cocaine distribution ring

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Gonna have to get a Lehtera jersey now to support my boy.

Free Lehtera out the chain gang.

Gang gang gang gang gang gang gang.

Reactions: 21 Savage

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
The investigations are ongoing for about two kilos, or roughly 4.4 pounds. Generous estimate of the value is few hundred thousand dollars max so we are not talking Pablo Escobar here. However, Lehtera could expect still harsh consequences for doing nothing else than funding what is classified as "extremely dangerous narcotic" by the Finnish authorities.

For comparison, former Preds Jere Karalahti was convicted in 2007 for funding amphetamine and coke import to Finland for estimated value of less than 12K$ of his money. He was arrested during practice, held in custody for a month, lost his contract with Liiga team Karpat during that time, then lost his right to travel abroad and had to report to authorities twice a week while waiting for trial. He got suspended sentence of one year and eight months - close to maximum what you can get without serving actual jail time.

How that fits with Lehtera's US immigration status or his contract with Flyers anyone can probably guess.

Let's hope for his sake that he comes out clean.

Last edited by a moderator:

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Lehtera is not suspected of distribution, rather only use -which in Finland is misdemeanor. Unless he says he's bought and used notable amounts, what he'll get is a fine. If he acts dumb and talks the amounts up, or someone tells on him, just using cocaine won't get him serious charges. How Flyers react to this is another story.

in Finland they probably send you to a sauna for 15 minutes and offer you safe alternative drugs.

Reactions: Puck Dogg

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Per news reports Lehtera has denied everything. It means unless there's evidence or someone talks on him he won't get charged.

If he is involved in import and / or distribution, it depends on the amount. Up to half a gram you'll get a fine and up to two kilos gives 5-7 years of imprisonment. The larger the amounts, the higher the possibility you have to serve your sentence in jail.

Coke is for personal use up to four grams. For that there's only fine penalty. You won't go to jail for use but can get probation by admitting to exact amounts for long periods of time (e.g. use of one gram a week for a year becomes possession and use of 52 grams due your own statement).

Confirmed. I'm moving to Finland.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Prob has friends house sit while he is playing. Let’s see if the police can make him flip on someone. Hopefully, that put him in witness protection before the season starts.

dkhockey

May 27, 2007
Europe
For comparison, former Preds Jere Karalahti was convicted in 2007 for funding amphetamine and coke import to Finland for estimated value of less than 12K$ of his money. He was arrested during practice, held in custody for a month, lost his contract with Liiga team Karpat during that time, then lost his right to travel abroad and had to report to authorities twice a week while waiting for trial. He got suspended sentence of one year and eight months - close to maximum what you can get without serving actual jail time.

Okay, hold the phone! ..... another finnish player was involved in something similar?!

that makes this seem much more realistic and a whole lot worse. Not an accident or mistake. They obviously have a problem there.... this is really weird, i would never had thought that!

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
Okay, hold the phone! ..... another finnish player was involved in something similar?!

that makes this seem much more realistic and a whole lot worse. Not an accident or mistake. They obviously have a problem there.... this is really weird, i would never had thought that!
Karalahti was nvolved with a well known criminal organization and had problems with drugs and alcohol since he was a teen.
Not at all related to what we have here.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Keep in mind that cocaine is used by pro athletes everywhere in the world. It's pretty common tbh. I don't believe Lehtera is distributing it, but it wouldn't surprise me if he used cocaine every now and then. The whole situation is still under investication, and he's not the main suspect. It seems like his name came up when the investigators discovered information about the individuals that had bought cocaine from the distributor(s). So he posessed and possibly used illegal drugs.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Lehtera's attorney has stated that the Finnpolice is writing a letter to the NHL on the extent of what's actually going on re: Lehtera. The police confirms that they will inform the league on what the suspected offence is and suchlike, but they will not be correcting any allegations that's been reported on the press.

A Finnish police pair popularly always has one guy who can write and other guy who can read so they assumably have men on duty to do it snappily.

(A soviet police squad had also a third guy in the backseat watching over the two intellectuals)

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
jori.jpg

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Keep in mind that cocaine is used by pro athletes everywhere in the world. It's pretty common tbh. I don't believe Lehtera is distributing it, but it wouldn't surprise me if he used cocaine every now and then. The whole situation is still under investication, and he's not the main suspect. It seems like his name came up when the investigators discovered information about the individuals that had bought cocaine from the distributor(s). So he posessed and possibly used illegal drugs.
This.

The only way people get cocaine here is if they gang up and import it themselves. This has happened in rich peoples circles before in Finland, (ie. they buy a large amount of it for their own use).

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
This.

The only way people get cocaine here is if they gang up and import it themselves. This has happened in rich peoples circles before in Finland, (ie. they buy a large amount of it for their own use).

Problem is the crossover point when someone brings to the buddies too, who participate on their share of the costs.

"I tell you goddamn it's a cooperative!"

Reactions: Koijari

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
That will sure be an energy line alright.

Uhh. Different drugs they were alleged to proven or to be associated, supposedly. And there is and up and down with all drugs but particularly coke because it has a short lifespan in the body.

I get the joke. But just trying to let people know.

Last edited:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
He makes millions a year yet still wants to do something that can cost him his freedom for an extremely long time assuming this is true.

I will never understand.
As long as he has a decent excuse and a good lawyer, he'll likely be able to plea bargain for a peanut sentence IF Finland's justice system is like that in many American states. Unless it is an extremely egregious crime, first time offenders are given slaps on the wrist.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Uhh. Different drugs they were alleged to proven or to be associated, supposedly. And there is and up and down with all drugs but particularly coke because it has a short lifespan in the body.

I the joke. But just trying to let people know.

They probably meant Stoll. Wrong LA King.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
Not an accident or mistake. They obviously have a problem there.... this is really weird, i would never had thought that!

As mentioned, Karalahti's case was different story but it seems there's something going on with Finnish hockey players and coke. Anonymous source from Liiga team told last week that they had suspected cocaine use among some unnamed players.

Liiga put out yesterday news in their webpage admitting that they had reacted to rumors of "illegal substance use" of certain players on spring 2017, requested drug testing and they came out clean. (Not a surprise as in sporadic use cocaine stays in system for only 2-4 days). It can be that Lehtera's case has nothing to do with this, but the timing is interesting.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
As mentioned, Karalahti's case was different story but it seems there's something going on with Finnish hockey players and coke. Anonymous source from Liiga team told last week that they had suspected cocaine use among some unnamed players.

Liiga put out yesterday news in their webpage admitting that they had reacted to rumors of "illegal substance use" of certain players on spring 2017, requested drug testing and they came out clean. (Not a surprise as in sporadic use cocaine stays in system for only 2-4 days). It can be that Lehtera's case has nothing to do with this, but the timing is interesting.

Re: league statements on drugs, it's hard to take anything seriously after Kalervo Kummola's "but the b-sample was clean" asspull at the time when the rumor got out that a couple of NT players from KHL would have tested positive for cannabis in an unofficial in-team test of their KHL club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->