Finnish police suspect Jori Lehtera connected to a cocaine distribution ring

Apr 27, 2016
Its Finland. How long can the prison sentence really be?

Probably won't get jail time at all. If he is committed for only using, he only gets fine. Maximum sentence for drug related crimes in Finland is 10 years in prison, and prison rookies serve half time.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Its Finland. How long can the prison sentence really be?

For 2 kilos you'll get 5-10 years in which you have to actually be in jail for half of that. So 2,5-5 years for actual jail.

The most likely scenario is that Lehterä doesn't get anything or small fines but the guys who ran the ring will definitely go to jail.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
For 2 kilos you'll get 5-10 years in which you have to actually be in jail for half of that. So 2,5-5 years for actual jail.

The most likely scenario is that Lehterä doesn't get anything or small fines but the guys who ran the ring will definitely go to jail.

Criminal Code 50:1 of which he particularly is at this point suspected is (only) fine or up to 2 years of jail. Even jail sentence if given would likely be on probation what with him being a first timer.

There being people arrested on the harder label of 50:2 and other crimes means the two kilos of coke is on those other folks.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Flyers should hire Lombardi to show them how to circumvent the contract and get them out of it.

Not that complicated. Get your hands on a police scanner and these problems just seem to solve themselves.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Why are they going after him? It sounded like his buddies who used to cottage were selling coke

At this time he is only implicated because he owned the cottage, as far as I know. He is denying involvement and he has not been charged with anything. I hope he is not involved, but I also hope he never plays another game for the Flyers because he is terribad.

I also hope Lehtera is Gritty so this all makes perfect sense.

Reactions: JohnnyT91

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Couldn't find an English version of this yet.

Poliisi epäilee suomalaisen NHL-pelaajan sekaantuneen laajaan kokaiinivyyhtiin

Basically they are saying Lehtera is suspected to be part of a 50 person ring that has been distributing cocaine in the city of Tampere and nearby areas. Lehtera has a cottage in Tampere where police have arrested people, Lehtera was not one of the arrested ones but police have questioned him. At this point they suspect him of a drug crime, it isn't more specific at this point. Lehtera denies all the accusations.
I was hoping he was a better drug dealer than hockey player....I guess not. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Helistin

Bonzo111

Leafs Fan
Oct 31, 2017
Canaderp
anigif_enhanced-14309-1402941482-1.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad